Hotel Jalta Praha

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• azadeh1's Profile Photo

Hotel Jalta

The Hotel Jalta – open since 1958! Please join us in going back 50 years in history, to the date when the Hotel Jalta was first inaugurated.

The location is very Good, you can reach anywhere by foot, the hotel is clean & price is not too much high.

Unique Quality: - Free Wi-Fi connection in all guest rooms!
    - Location is very good.

* Fitness Room
    * Business Centre
    * Multi-Lingual staff
    * Photocopying services, printer
    * Laundry and dry cleaning services
    * Baggage storage, safety deposit box
    * Foreign Currency Exchange
    * Parking facilities
    * 24-hour room service
    * Concierge
    * Limousine Service
    * In-house massage
    * Casino
    - Green Apple in your room! :)

• amazingclick's Profile Photo

So So

We looked up Jalta on the net and had not booked it. From the airport we decided to take a try. Reached Jalta. Right in the center of town on Wecslav square. Sent my friend up to see the rooms, which we found to be extreemely ordinary without any views for the price of Euro 200 a night which we thought was outrageous. We ended up not staying.

Unique Quality: Right in the center of town

Directions: on Wecselav Square

• nlaine's Profile Photo

Pretty nice...

Really good location, just a short walk away from the old town. Lots of restaurants and shops near by. Subway station is close by also. Nice/fresh breakfast, neat room. Service could have been better though (or would have expected more).

More about Hotel Jalta Praha

The elegant hotel Jalta

by aluapm about Jalta Hotel

Since its opening in 1958 the Jalta Hotel has always been one of Prague's premier hotels and a favourite venue for both local residents and visitors to the city. Designed by a famous local architect Antonin Tenzer and classified as a cultural monument, the hotel has recently undergone a major refurbishment.
Hotel Jalta is in the prime location of Prague?s historic Wenceslas Square, just a few steps away from the financial and commercial centre of the city.

Amazing sushi!

by cas_twemlow about Jalta Hotel Restaurant

This restaurant is part of the Hotel Jalta located on Wencenslas Sqaure in central Prague. We went along because we heard they served sushi there - real sushi, which I haven't had since I left Australia over a year ago!

It was amazing! Having lived in Japan for 6 months and eating plenty of sushi back in Oz, it was so lovely to eat really fresh, well prepared sushi....even if we least expected it in Prague!

For all fans of the delicacy you will get a really good feed here! A HUGE platter of raw tuna, salmon, squid etc, a bowl of hot rice, miso soup and garnish (wasabi and ginger) will cost you about £10 - I couldn't believe how much I was getting for my money! Large Sushi platter for one. My sister had the smaller one and she couldn't finish it all!

New year in Prague

by TripAdvisor Member Redruthie

Just returned from 5 days in Prague over New Year and it was fantastic.

I have never seen so many people in one place and so many fire works at mid night it was fabulous.

Hotel Jalta was in an ideal location to get around all of Prague Ideal for the museum and just a short walk into the old town.

All the locals were friendly and happy to help.

Good variation in prices from £20 for two persons 3 course meal at Buffalo Bills. mexican restaurant to £50 PP for steaks at EL GROUCHO.

Wow!

by TripAdvisor Member BandGLiverpool

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Jalta in February 2006. We absolutely loved it, so much so that we're going back there in two weeks! Our room was fantastic, we had a huge bedroom, separate huge sitting area, two balconies and the most fantastic bathroom ever, his and hers sinks, separate shower cubicle, complimentary toiletries and gorgeous dressing gowns. We didn't eat at the hotel, apart from breakfast where there was an extremely large selection of every breakfast item you could imagine. Take comfortable shoes, the cobbles are a killer and you will walk for miles! Shopping in Prague is expensive when you compare like for like with the UK but there are bargains to be had if you look. Dining out is similar prices to the UK. We hope you enjoy Prague as much as we did.

Christmas markets

by TripAdvisor Member dannym69

Stayed at the Jalta in Dec 06 just as the Xmas markets were starting. We are fortunate enough to be working in Germany at the moment so decided to drive it instead of fly.
The hotel is classed as being a boutique hotel and is quite modern. It has a restaurant next door called HOT which is where you take your breakfast (adjoining inner door from the hotel).
We had no real complaints about the hotel but do beware of hidden extras such as parking (£15 per day) and Internet if you wish to use it is also extra.
Our room overlooked Wenceslas Square and had a great view in both directions. We were also high enough up that you were not disturbed by traffic noise.
The slight disadvantage of its location is that it is right in the middle of tourist central surrounded by McD, Burger King etc. It reminded us of Leicester square in London.
However if you walk down the street and get through all the tourist tac you will arrive at the old town square which is quite stunning. Hundreds of years of imposing buildings surround the square which is something you don' tend to come across in europe so much, with a few exceptions. There are plenty of bars and restaurants surrounding the square so plenty of choice but you pay for the location.
A little further afield is the Charles bridge (10 min walk) which takes you over the river to the castle. The bridge itself is full of artists selling their wares and has a slight feeling of Paris about it.
The opposite side of the river is once again full of great old buildings but has the feeling of you are actually in Prague without all the tourist tac going on around you. Great restaurants and a lot cheaper than the main areas.
To summarize, the Jalta is fine and quite cheap if you can get yourself a bargain. We used [---] and they give you credit back to use against your next trip. The location isn't great but it depends what you want. If you don't want to be amongst McD etc then i would suggest that you find somewhere over the river. If it doesnt bother you then i would say the Jalta is a very good option

Ideally Situated Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Andydougrose

Stayed at the Jalta Prague in November as part of a 32 man Stag Doo. Impressed. 3 nights in a 4 star hotel in the main centre of Prague for just over £100 can't be bad. Would you get that in Mayfair in London??
Rooms adequate with daily maid service. Tv in rooms but not many English channels. Facilities generally good.
Hotel Staff very helpful and polite. Speak perfect English and sorted out easily any problems we had. Which were few. My favourite part of the Hotel was the "The Shinning" corridors. You will know what I mean if you stay there.
Finnaly you are ideally situated for visiting the Capital. Step out the door and the shops are right in front of you. Virtually all the main sights are only 15/20 minutes walk away. Old Square & Charles Bridge. Make sure you visit the Castle and the Cathedral.
Prague is "Cheap as Chips" so give it a go. !!!

Good location, poor hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jaboulay

Great location, easy step-out into prague, and efficient front desk staff. The room was poor...small space, small bathroom, shower not at all up to standard, small balcony, noisy staff in corridor. Bed belonged in a two star hotel. Breakfast was very poor standard. I'd advise to look elsewhere...you can get better deals for your money

Wenceslas square

by lindsey55

Hi

I am travelling to Prague in March with my hubby and will be staying in Hotel Jalta just off Wenceslas Square. I keep reading on various sites that it is an area full of drunks and prostetutes - anyone know anything about the hotel or the area?

Cheers
Lindsey

by travaholic

I was in Prague a few weeks ago and stayed in Hostel Atlas just off Wenceslas Square. I had no problems whatsoever in the area even late at night. I had been told that there are a lot of pickpockets and crime but i did not see anything like that nor did I feel unsafe at any time. My only advise would be to exercise caution as you would in any other big city.

Liam

Re: Re: Wenceslas square

by PavlH

I stayed at the Jalta a few years ago - we had no problems.
It's certainly handy for the metro and the opera house as well as a short walk from all the sights.
As the previous poster said, like any big city, you need to take care of your belongings.
Enjoy the trip - I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the hotel when you get back.

by freya_heaven

We stayed at the Prague Lion which was also just off the square. Admitidly we didnt go through the square later than about 9ish at night (we had our 11 month old baby with us). But it seemed safe & pleasent enough all day & until that time of the evening at least................Have a great trip..........Nicola

by ratherton

It's not full of drunks and prostitues but there are some about Wenceslas Square and the Old Town Square.

The drunks, if any, will be no different to any other major city but there are a number of gypsy prostitutes that hang around Wenceslas Square. They are also quite active in the pickpocket game but they tend to target single or groups of men rather than couples.

I felt safer there than I did in London so don't worry about it and enjoy Prague - it's a great city.

Re: Re: Wenceslas square

by lindsey55

Thanks everyone who has replied to my concerns - I feel a lot happier now!!

Lindsey