Hotel Le Palais

Hotel Le Palais Prague
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• JackT51's Profile Photo

Cozy Inn with a personal touch!

First off, the facility takes no shortcuts, from the linens to the service they provide, even the housekeepers and desk staff are unbelievably helpful with any request. Manager Jiri is always on his game, and can pretty much take care of any issues that come up during your stay. Highly recommend this place, I feel like I'm staying with friends when I'm at Le Palais!

• Manara's Profile Photo

Charming little place

The hotel provides de-luxe accommodation, with large rooms, decorated and furnished in old style, and a level of service that really deserves five stars.
    Some people may find it a bit too formal. For instance, whereas almost all hotels in Europe have a buffet breakfast, here breakfast is served at your table. And I must add that it is served very efficiently.
    The staff at the front desk are very helpful and nice.
    The minibar is free of charge.

Unique Quality: The hotel is not big, and this gives it a cozy atmosphere. The type of furniture in the lobby and bar contribute to this feeling, but it is especially the sight of the library, seen trough an open door at the end of the bar, that gives the impression of being in a club instead of a hotel.

Directions: A 15 minutes' walk from Wenceslas Square.

• ShannonCummins's Profile Photo

Prague's finest 5 star hotel

You could not ask for more! From the moment you are greeted at the door to returning your keys upon check out…. You will never have had such an experience as this. Le Palais is run by the prideful General Manager Mr. Jiri Gajdosik and his tentitive and adoring staff.

I and my partner were honored to dine with Mr. Gajdosik and Le Palais sales representitive Mr. Matúš Príkazský. Each of these gentleman have a love and an admiration for this hotel that only other hoteliers could envy. Just from the short hours we dined with them in Le Palais exquisite gourmet restaurant Le Papillon…we knew then that our clients would find all the necessary comforts this luxury traditional and historical hotel could possibly offer. We had no doubt that even their highest of expectations would be met.

The large and brightly decorated rooms carry the old world charm. The bathrooms are the size of most European standard double-bedded room, and the amenities are joyously etiquette. The heated floor after a long soak in the tub on a cold snowy day is just priceless, and how about the free mini-bar that is stocked daily with chocolates, and beverages of your liking. You may even find a homemade gourmet truffle at your bedside turn over…mmm! Can you feel the love!

Sure you may be a little out of the town center and set amongst a quiet residential neighborhood of Prague. But so what! It is worth the taxi ride, or paying a little extra for the transfer. Oh, and don’t worry if you are afraid of getting lost when you are out, the hotel offers a cell phone service for you to take with you (for a small charge for course). They will go to great lengths to be sure you feel safe, happy and best of all, like a guest. Not just any guest either, the finest of houseguest they could have ever imagined visiting.

So when your feet tire from all the sightseeing, be sure to call the front desk and pencil in a Spa treatment at the newly opened PURE Spa & Health Club. I sure did! It was a glorious and mesmerizing one-hour full body circulation massage, ahhh…and after words I lounged in the sauna and soaked in the whirlpool. I was so relaxed I could barely crawl back to my room…can’t wait to get back there.

Directions: Le Palais Hotel
    U Zvonaøky 1,
    CZ-120 00 Prague 2

Tel.: +420 234 634 111
    Fax: +420 234 634 635

GPS:
    N 50.07035°
    E 14.43470°

• Stunning luxury hotel in a quiet leafy street.

As newlyweds my wife and I chose Prague as one of our stops on our honeymoon, we decided to push the boat out and stay at Le Palais for seven nights. I can say with absolute honesty that it was worth every single penny.

This hotel defines the standards that hotels should compare to. It feels like a 5* hotel in every respect, the staff are polite, courteous, friendly, helpful and yet not overbearing. The bar is plush and the service is personal and friendly. The entire staff seem to know your name and remember it for the duration of your stay. A hotel car will also transit you about town for roughly the same price as a taxi, without the risk of being fleeced!

This is a beautiful hotel that I would return to in a heartbeat, if you are looking for a romatic retreat, champaign and truffles waiting in the room, Bvlgari smellies laid on the pillow for the ladies, this is the place. Impeccable service and stunning surroundings make this the ideal choice for couples of any age.

Unique Quality: The rooms in Le Palais are incredible, with high ceilings and huge beds. The decor puts a contemporary twist on a classic design which lends to the ambiance of the entire hotel. If you remember Monty Brewster of the movie "Brewsters Millions" said "Create a room that I want to die in!", this is as close as I have ever found.

• JustPerfect's Profile Photo

Luxury???? not here

This Hotel is very nice place, also rooms are nice done, but that is all. Prices are to high, Restaurant is bad and the behavior of personal is not so great.
    Maybe they behaved bad to me, because I am czech, but especialy in my country I dont have excuse.
    We live near to this Hotel, but we would never recomment it to our friends. Not even to enemys.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo

Leading small hotel

Enjoy a unique experience of excellent seasonal cuisine at the Le Papillon restuarant, romantic setting by the fireplace with a panoramic view.
    Great snacks, cakes, coffee, and drinks available at the Lobby Bar.

Unique Quality: An atmosphere of luxury and glamour.

More about Hotel Le Palais

Nice hotel shame about the chewing gum

Don't get me wrong this is a lovely hotel, and our initial impression was strong - in fact I would probably have awarded a 5* review, bar for the chewing gum found in the hazel nuts in the breakfast buffet. Afraid that the staff seemed unconcerned, and made little attempt to either apologise or investigate.

Also note this hotel is slightly out of town (15 minute walk), and the concierge, thought helpful places a high mark up on his activity. The DVD is a nice extra (TV choice is limited), but why charge so much to hire the discs?

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member terryEdinburgh

I had read so much glowing praise about the hotel, but I was rather disappointed.

Yes the staff were friendly, but am I alone thinking that all staff in all hotels should be friendly ?

The hotel was lovely from the outside, but at the end of a fairly run down street.

The room was the biggest disappointment because it was fairly small and certainly did not have the "wow" factor that such a huge price tag would justify.

Again, for the price, I would have expected a pool and more advanced leisure faciliites -what there was was good but nothing special.

The breakfasts were excellent however.

In short, very good but vastly overpriced.

Great hotel, but small room

by TripAdvisor Member littleem

We stayed at Le Palais after reading the glowing reviews on trip advisor. Yes, the hotel was beautiful, service was all one would expect of a five star hotel, and facilities in the rooms were possibly the best I have known (free mini bar, DVD player, toiletries etc...). However, our room was tiny, there was simply not enough storage space - with no proper wardrobe. We were on the fourth floor and all the rooms on that floor are in the roof so the rooms have sloping ceilings and velux windows - my tip would be to ask for a room on one of the lower floors which are surely bigger?! The location is great if you are happy to walk the 10-15 mins to Wenceslas Square and the old town - this means you are in a more residential area, but also means that there are plenty of beautiful old apartment buildings (this is quite a top area for people to live). There are some good restaurants too which are much more reasonably priced. I would also recommend booking taxi collection from the airport with ---- as they are much cheaper than the hotel pick-up. They were on time, as well as giving some great advice and recommendations for things to do, eat, drink and see. Both drivers also spoke excellent English and did not fish for tips!

One of the Finest Hotels Ever.....

We stayed at the Le Palais for 4 days in early May enroute to a European Cruise. My wife and I travel extensively.

We would rate this hotel as one of the finest in the world in terms of service, ambience, location, the works. On arrival we were given a briefing at the 24 hour (!) bar by the Manager and Concierge, drinks on them, on Prague, what to see, how to see it, and how to enjoy our stay. They have a hotel Mercedes with rates equal to the taxis on the street, and getting around (when we not on foot) was made so much easier.........

The exterior, interior, and furnishings are spectacular - the origins of the Palais are a wealthy butcher who purveyed meats to Kaisers, Bishops and Emperors around Europe. His palace has been renovated into an amazing but discrete boutique hotel (72 rooms I believe).

Don't miss Le Palais if you get the chance to travel to beautiful Prague. Our sincere thanks to Petra Janouskova, the Resident Manager, Libor Hosek of sales and marketing, and the entire staff which did such an amazing job during our stay......

The finest Hotel with excellent service and facilities

by TripAdvisor Member Happychappys

We have just returned from a 3 day stay at the Hotel Le Palais. From first entering the Hotel you are treated as one would expect in a 5* establishment. The service was second to none, from the guided tour with duty managment to ensuring all your wishes are catered for. The Hotel is a beautiful old building in an excellent state of repair, extremely clean and beautifully decorated.

The room was of an excellent standard and of a good size, the mini bar was restocked each day and there is no charge, which was such a change from the normal expensive bars.

The bathroom was marble and chrome with heated tiled floor, power shower, huge bath and every available toiletry. There is a health centre which would rival most health and fitness clubs with a full range of modern fitness machines, as well as spa bath, sauna, steam room. A full massage service was also available.

One cannot describe the breakfasts other then it will cater for the fussiest of eaters? We were fortunate to go when the weather was hot and we sat outside on the breakfast terrace.

How anyone cannot be impressed with the quality and service of this Hotel is beyond me.

The Hotel is a 15 minute walk to the start of the main tourist centre of Prague. However, within 5 minutes of the Hotel is a tram stop (No 6) which takes you into the heart of the city for 20Kr (40p GB) the tram and metro system is second to none. We bought a 80kr 24 hour pass which entitles you to use any of the trams and metros, and believe me we certainly got around. If you are just slightly adventurous this is the way to travel, it really is not difficult, if you can use the metro in London, Paris, new York, then this is far easier.

Prague is a beautiful City and we have visited many, however this is one we will return too. The restaurants are inexpensive and everyone is very friendly and extremely helpfull.

There are a few beggars and blackmarket con merchants wanting you to change money, but ignore them and they go, but this is a very minor part of city life, we were never hassled or felt threatened in any way and we used all the public transport and walked miles ; (

Prague is a beautiful city and the Le Palais does it justice, I would not imagine there is a better Hotel then this one. You will not be disappointed.

Comments