Hotel Nosal

Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

More about Prague

Alterpiece at St. SalvatorAlterpiece at St. Salvator

Strahov Monastery Philosophical HallStrahov Monastery Philosophical Hall

Cake shop window.Cake shop window.

Old Town Square, PragueOld Town Square, Prague

city break to prague

by gealsie

Am planning a 3 night city break to Prague in August. However, I'm a bit worried about it being infamous for stag do's/groups of drunken English men! IS this still the case or could we enjoy dinner and drinks out in the evenings?
Thanks for any advice : )

by doodybee

depends where you stay i suppose

we were at the hotel extol inn in holesvice ( suburb- 5 mins away from it all on the tram) one english bank holiday and hardly saw any drunken stag do's - even near charles bridge area

the hotel was clean friendly inexpensive and had good food

check it out - ther is a link on my homepage or just google extol inn- prague - we booked through a booking site rather than the hotel and it was cheaper that way

by Kaspian

Oh, there were lots of stag parties going on when I was there last year, but there are enough restaurants/pubs in Prague that these were really easy to avoid. They didn't get in my way at all.

by Great_Traveller

Hello,

That will be fine. Just try to avoid the Wenceslas square in the evening. This is where all the "lookng after" runs into in the evening. Simply look for trendy paces where czech people go, you will that way avoid also touristic places. Prague is a lovely place:)

Great Traveller

by aantonis

I am from Greece and I would like to visit Prague for my summer vacation. By the fact that I will be alone (I am a single man 32 years old) , I would like to find out, which outings in Prague will be suitable for a single male. At least I want to have fun and enjoy my vacation and be surrounded by some attractive girls!

I am open for any thing.... such as: restaurants, pubs discos, pool bars, beach parties, night clubs, live music, dating, parties, swimming, chatting, love boat parties, school parties etc.... hopefully I will find the woman of my life!!!!!!

Thanks and I am awaiting........

by Kaspian

I don't think Prague is known for its beach parties.

Travel Tips for Prague

Vinny Restaurant across the Bethlehem Square

by karaboo

I chose to travel to Prague for 8 days trip by myself, this being just my third solo adventure to Europe. My first solo trip was a return trip to Paris, France and my second was just last year to Madrid, Spain, which was my first solo to a country which I had not been to previously. Prague is quite safe for a solo traveler like myself, but one should always be aware of their surroundings and not find oneself alone on a dark alley at midnight. Although I think I did find myself there many nights and felt quite safe. That evening I headed toward a restaurant I had found on the Internet Klub Architecture. As I was entering the French couple that sat next to me on the Plane from Paris were leaving and I asked them how was the food. They said it was just ok, so I decided to look around for another place to eat. I spotted the Vinny Restaurant across the Bethlehem Square and across the street from the main church of the Protestant Hussite movement in the 15th century, the Bethlehem Chapel (Betlémská kaple). Jan Hus preached here and it is considered the cradle of the Czech Protestant reformation. The “Vinny” would come to be my home away from home. I liked the atmosphere and the food was outstanding. I always sat upstairs at one of the few tables near the bar area so that I could look out the window, watch the people passing by and type in my pocket PC and enter the days events in my journal.

If you have never been to...

by Mr_Edd_20

If you have never been to Prague, then make sure you visit castle on the hill, and Charles Bridge. There are many other things to see, but these are the most well-known. When in Prague, keep in mind that it is very cold and windy! (in November at least) so make sure you bring warm clothes just in case. Contrary to what I envisioned before I visited, Prague is a very clean and safe place to see. I would really like to visit it again one day. What do I miss the most apart from tourist sights? I miss the slavic accent of the locals. It is soo sexy to hear. Make sure youmeet and talk to some Czechs if you ever visit and you will see what I mean.
The picture is of Charles Bridge taken from one of the Powder Towers I believe.

In my opinion, Slavic...

by eleanorbueza

In my opinion, Slavic languages are very difficult to learn, especially if one has not learned the pure Russian form. Just a few words you should learn before going there (not everyone in the world speaks English, you know):
Ano=Yes
Pardon=Excuse me/Pardon me
Lituju=sorry
Prosim=Please
Dekuju=Thank you

Welcome to the Mammary Cafe...

by RockTadgers

Many regular tourists rarely venture beyond the museum...which is a good thing, because all the great pubs and bars of Vinorady and Zizkov get left to the locals and the expats.

Personal favourite is Cafe Popopetl on Italska. Quiet and cool during the day (My office is the far left corner table) they serve reasonably priced Staropramen and the best Sangria in town.

At night it packs out with a young, fresh, studenty crowd...many of which are of the extremely perky female variety. Inoffensive tunes in the background, yards of beer, and a lively, relaxed, chatty atmosphere.

Eating in Melnik

by sunshinejo

If you don’t speak Czech then eating in Melnik could be a bit of a challenge, as most places don’t have English on their menus! I’m not complaining, just saying that it can result in an interesting meal! What the waitress described as being a ham roll actually turned out to be ham spread with horseradish and rolled up! Oops!

Comments