Hotel Oya

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 13% higher than other 3 star hotels

• Good Value Hotel South Prague

I stayed here 2 nights. As I've been to Prague several times, I didn't need to stay in the more expensive tourist areas. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Room very clean. I would definitely stay again

Unique Quality: Close to the tram, or a ten minute walk to the subway.

Directions: South Prague. If arriving by tram get a good map of the southern parts of Prague. It is not on most of the tourist maps.

More about Prague

One of the bridge towersOne of the bridge towers

RudolfinumRudolfinum

THE OBSERVATION TOWERTHE OBSERVATION TOWER

Russian wooden dollsRussian wooden dolls

how to get to ?

by mogaly

I'm obliged dear r13. As a matter of fact, our hotel is at Balbinova st. off Vinohradská st. Is there a close-by metro , bus or tram station as some of our group can not walk long distances ? thank you .

by leics

Nearest Metro is Muzeum, less than 500m metres away.

There is also a tram stop nearby on Vinohradska and and another on Legerova.

Put 'Balbinova st prague' into google maps (go to www.google.com and click 'maps' top left) and you can see exactly where you are/what stops there are on a detailed streetmap.

If you put in the hotel name you will get a streetmap showing its exact position.

by goodfish

Poster: just letting you know that you don't have to start a NEW post to respond to the person who answered your previous post.

If you had just just clicked "reply" next to r13's answer, you could have responded with your next question - thus keeping your conversation on the topic conveniently in one place.

You didn't do anything "wrong", just probably didn't understand this tidy way of keeping information all together under one post. Hope this helps! Let us know if this is still confusing to you?

by r13

Hi again,

Depending on the precise building location you will be about 200 - 400 m away from the metro stop "Muzeum" (Lines A and C meet there) which is at the end of Wenceslas sqare.

You will have to walk this distance. Tram is probably useless for you because there is only one line 11 available at Italska and Muzeum stops (both about 200 m from your hotel)- both directions head "away" from the centre.

by mogaly

I'm grateful to you all dear friends for the useful information . For a 7-day visit to Prague , is it worthwhile or economizing to purchase long-term passes of public transportation ?

by leics

For me, and for most people, I think not. Prague is very walkable indeed, and not too large. At most I would buy a dayticket as I did on my 'castle' day
(it's a steep hill, my hotel was about a mile away from Charles Bridge, I was tired and it was freezing!).

But you suggest that some of your party cannot walk far? In that case, it might be worthwhile for you.

Travel Tips for Prague

Careful in the subway stations!

by scbelle

...And this time, not because of pickpockets! No seriously, these places are going to be the setting of some gruesome escalator accidents one day if everyone isn't careful! They move at 30 mph (ok, I'm exagerating, but their WAY faster than any others I've been on) and go up for 100 feet. IF you tripped or something, forget about it. You and all the people below you are done for. Between the drop and the sharp teeth of the escalator.... forget about it!

Take day trips to the various...

by NetSurfer

Take day trips to the various castles - they are absolutely fantastic. I have a webpage about my trip at http://www.sersol.com/photo_album/20010830_prague/index.html you might find helpful. Sitting on the bank of the Vltava sipping Pilzner Urquell watching the swans, and after the sunset the view of Prazky Hrad (Prague Castle) across the river all lit up.

A few words will take you a long way...

by wrldtravlr

Czech is not an easy language to learn, but making the effort to learn to say Hello, Please and Thank you, really is worth the trouble. Locals will be pleasantly surprised and you might get a smile or a new friend just for trying...

Hello = Dobry den
Please = Prosím

Lennon`s wall

by XBlanka

This wall is close to Kampa park at Velkoprevorske namesti. It`s named after John Lennon because there used to be large graffiti of this famous singer. But the wall is living - it`s in permanent change and the Lennon picture is gonne. But people are writing there their ideas, wishes and thoughts for more than 30 years. This wall is symbol of freedom and at every special occasion people are burning candles there.

My immortal passion follows me everywhere

by shivan

I feel home now. I'm happy.
My immortal passion follows me everywhere, even so far from home.
My quite satisfied face tells everything. And this year I'm happier than usual because we will hopefully win the championship again.
FORZA ROMA!!!