Hotel Pav

Costs 100% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Hotel Pav

Hotel Pav - wonderful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kmp36

The hotel is perfectly located for seeing Prague. The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. Depending on your room location, outside noise can be an issue, but no more than other cities. The staff is reserved yet polite. I would return to this hotel in future trips.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member thanna

Just back from four nights at the Hotel Pav and really dont have a bad word to say about it. Definitely above the three star rating. Rooms were spacious, beds comfortable, flat screen tv and a fantastic bathroom. Breakfast was very good with a good variety and the staff very helpful. Location wise, it is perfect. A 5/10 min walk from Wenschlass sqauare and a 5 min walk to the king charles bridge. Noticed there was no air conditioning however. Wasn't really a problem as it was October, but I could see how it could be a problem at the height of summer

Would recommend to anyone wanting a reasonably priced hotel in the centre of prague

We loved it..!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Rain-woman

My husband and I spent 3 nights this September at the Hoyel Pav and thoroughly recommend it. The room was very spacious clean and quiet. Fabulous bathroom with a seperate WC. The location is great, just a loavely stroll down to Charles bridge and the Old Town Square.
The check in was very efficient and the girls at the reception had a welcoming smile and were very helpful. We have to mention the young lady behingd the bar - how lovely she was and it was an absolute pleasure to have her tend to you. This hotel is very good value for money and we would definately stay there again.
Thanks hotel Pav

Friendly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member EPigeon

I have just returned to the Isle of Man after a short stay in your hotel. It is the second time I have stayed there in the last two months. The reason for my correspondence is that, these days far too many people are too ready to complain about things, so I think it is only fair to compliment when things are good and this is the purpose of this letter.

My travel agent originally booked me into the Ambassador Hotel which was supposedly 5 star! I found the service and attitude of the staff not very friendly and welcoming at all! So I came back to the Pav for the last few nights of my stay. I got such a warm welcome from the reception staff it was almost like going home!!

Your hotel clean, neat, modern and efficient. But more for me, far, far more important is the welcome/hospitality!! – This is the hospitality industry after all and a lot of hotels seem to forget this. I stay in hotels all over the world and I will certainly recommend your hotel to anyone!!

I made a point of finding out the names of some of your staff that I was in most contact with and were most helpful to me: Hannah, Radka, Alice and Nelly in Reception were lovely – nothing was too much trouble and their warm smiles are a credit to the welcome of your hotel. Simone in the Lobby bar was also very warm and friendly and always has time for a little joke and smile.

So please thank these people for me for making my stay so much better than it would have been at the hotel with 2 more stars than yours .

All the staff were courteous – Breakfast, maintenance (I locked my safe stupidly and had to get help) and cleaning staff were always polite. A true credit.

So…Whatever you are doing at the Hotel Pav … rest assured, you are doing it right – and at a reasonable and fair price.

I look forward to my next weekend break at your spotless comfortable and above all Friendly Hotel!!

If you would like to get robbed

by TripAdvisor Member juniorCBR

If you feel like getting robbed while your out sight seeing this is the perfect hotel for that. In all my travels I had never had anything occur like this. While I was out sightseeing on a beautiful Saturday, somebody who had access to the room went into my room and searched through my bags. They hit the jackpot when they found some money I had stashed away in an area of my suitcase. Had booked 2 rooms here for 2 nights for a larger group of us, and the other room also reported their items shifted around. Good luck to anyone who attempts staying here, be sure to lock up your belongings.

Postively surprised

by TripAdvisor Member Lollipop_7

We were postively surprised by this hotel. It is a new hotel and the lobby area is quite sparse. However, the rooms are well furnished, good sized and immaculately clean. Our room faced the garden courtyard and we had no problems with noise. The breakfast was better than we expected. Free internet access was a plus and the lady at the bar was very sweet. The location was terrific, within walking distance of all the major attractions. Would definitely recomend this hotel!

An absolute gem!

by TripAdvisor Member GeordiePavla

Two night stay at this fabulous little gem, 5 minute walk from Charles Bridge and 10 mins from Old Town Square. A group of 7, we booked 2 x Twin Rooms and 1 x Triple Room. I expected the Triple Room to be larger than the Twins but I didn't expect this room to be so spacious - usually find the 'third' bed is squeezed in. However, not so with this hotel - very spacious rooms, very modern furniture, plasma TV, large bathrooms and all spotlessly clean. As one reviewer has already said - Lobby area is rather sparse, and somewhat small, but everything else is pure joy. Breakfast choice was OK. The rooms had a Safe so I can't understand why anyone would not put all their money etc in it! Certainly, none of our personal belongings had been 'tampered' with (as mentioned in previous review). Staff were friendly and helpful, from the two girls at Reception, the night porters and, of course, the lovely lady at the Lobby Bar - Pavla (my namesake!!). Weather was pretty lousy when we were there (7-9 September) but Prague is still one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen. Very quiet at night even with a Brewery/pub virtually next door - we were only on the second floor and one of our three rooms was located at the front (along from the Brewery) and we experienced no disturbance from customers leaving late at night. All in all, this hotel is an absolute gem - extremely comfortable, spotlessly clean, great value for money and within walking distance of all the major attractions. If I return to Prague I'd definitely stay here again...as would the other 6 members of my party!

Refreshing Surprise - Great Value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member smithysm

We booked the hotel through Expedia as the hotel was well located and very reasonably priced.

The building is a traditional city building which has recently undergone a renovation so everything inside was almost brand new. Check-in was very straight forward and fast. The room was simple, modern and very clean and had everything you need including a flat screen TV. Wonderful power shower in the large bathroom was a bonus too.

Good range of food at the buffet breakfast - clean, light and airy dining room. Free internet access in the foyer. Very helpful receptionist - Alex. Well located just a 5-10 min walk to the King Charles bridge and the old town.

Above all the price of the hotel was extremely reasonable which makes a refreshing change from most city hotels where the rooms are often dark and grubby and a high price. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Great Location, Better Price

by TripAdvisor Member zacaramarketing

This was the perfect location for our stay in Prague. It was spotless with people tending to it at all hours to keep it so. The rooms were big and the bathroom was clean and had fantastic water pressure. Breakfast was fine, with plenty to choose from. The staff was helpful, too. The noise people talk about would be heard at any hotel, as it is a busy city with stuff going on at all hours.

definately recommended

by TripAdvisor Member oddo1977

Having stayed in Prague a number of times, I can say this hotel is well above average. The location is fine (near to National Theatre), and you'll fine plenty of nice places to eat and drink right on the doorstep (most are full of locals which makes a nice change from all the tourist spots). Checking in was fast and efficient and the service during our stay was very good. The overall feel of the hotel was quite modern and basic yet the look was enhanced by the little touches like fittings, furniture and decor. The breakfast was better than some 4 stars I have stayed in and it could not be faulted. The only gripe i had, was that there was no high level hook for the shower, which unless you are 2 foot tall, meant sitting in the bath to wash. Free internet was very handy.

Our room 101Our room 101

ParksParks

The Old Town SquareThe Old Town Square

Avery and AbbyAvery and Abby

Travel to Krakow or Vienna from Prague

by lpinch

I will be spending 5 days in Prague and I'm looking into a 3-4 day side trip to either Vienna or Krakow, Poland. I am 28 and will have one travel companion. Trains are equally priced to either city. I'm curious if anyone can lend me any advice to help in my decision-making. I'm interested in historic places, nightlife and unique culture. Thanks!

by leics

I haven't been to Vienna yet but........

....having been once, I would never pass up a chance to visit Krakow. It's a fascinating place: castle, cathedral, churches, Jewish ghetto area [Oscar Schindler's factory was in Krakow], river, old buildings, with the salt mines, Zakopane and Auchswitz available for daytrips), all well worth exploring, with friendly people, a good city 'buzz', plenty of places to eat/drink and lots of excellent vodka flavours!

Have a look at the VT Krakow (and Vienna) pages for ideas.

by Dabs

I loved both, really you can't go wrong with either choice, there's a lot of history in both places. You might find prices a little cheaper in Krakow, I was just in Vienna and found it very expensive with the dollar being as weak as it is. Vienna is gorgeous, filled with grand buildings and palaces around every corner, we didn't actually go into any of them on this trip, instead spending our couple of days there wandering the street looking at the architecture and then finding pastries.

by sihi

Hi!

Krakow is really amazing. It is old royal city with magic atmospheare. Lots of beautiful historical sights - Wawel castle and cathedral, Old market square, Basilica Mariacka, Jagiello university.... Nightlife is also great. You will enjoy it.

by dp14

Never been to Vienna, but I have been to krakow on 3 differt vacations. I can only say it is a very interesting area, the people are friendly, plenty of night life, and I do think the prices were fair. I have used my credit card at different location in krakow and also in the Tara Mountain area, and never had a problem, Go and enjoy.

by doug48

i have been to both vienna and krakow and if i had to pick one i would say krakow. great town with plenty of things to do and it is much cheaper than vienna. lot's of hip clubs for young people. if you decide on krakow take the train in the direction of warsaw then connect at katowice to krakow. have fun, doug48

by Mikebb

Hi We went by train from Vienna to Prague, a nice trip. I have not been to Krakow but had a week in Vienna with day trips into the country. Vienna is a great city and if you choose to visit make certain you attend a Mozart Concert.

You could also break your train journey for 5 or 6 hours in Bratislava, or possibly an overnight stay.

Good Luck,
Mike

by Mikebond

I have been to both cities, I enjoyed both, but I fell in love with Krakow (maybe because I spent a fortnight there and just 5 days in Vienna). Krakow is much cheaper and not less interesting. If you go there, you must visit the Mary church and the Wieliczka salt mines (besides many other places).

Comments