Truhlarska 10, Prague, Bohemia, 110 00, Czech Republic

Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

• Prague - great place to stay

A great three star hotel with excellent location! (not luxurious)
    The Hotel was clean, the staff was excellent in providing information. It is in "Old Town", within walking distance of all you would want to see, The underground and bus lines are right there, and the stop to and from the airport is right on the corner the hotel is on. This hotel is a "must" to check out if your going to visit Prague. We felt, 100% safe in the area, and had no problems at all even though we got in at midnight or later some nights. Most of all, it is very reasonable for all they offer ....

• Hotel Salvator Prague

I stayed at the Hotel Salvator in Sept. 05 and had a pleasent stay. The hotel is nice and has a prety courtyard shared with an adjoining restaraunt called La Boca. Didnt eat there but I did enjoy the daily breakfast buffet offered with the room. Staff was helpful and spoke great English for non Czech speakers. Accomadations are somewhat basic but clean and very safe. Secured entry at hotel and locks for each floor in addition to rooms were nice to see. Safe deposit boxes are available for a small fee. Location is slightly out of the way so it is quiet at night but a short walk to sights. 5 min to subway/tram, 10 min to Old Town Sq. and Wenseslas Sq., 15 min to Charles Bridge, 25 min to Prague Castle. There is a large construction site next door but the disturbance was minimal during my stay. Overall for a safe, reasonable hotel close to basicly all the sights you found the place. Not the Hilton, but i travel to see new places not hotel rooms. I would stay here again without a doubt.

Directions: Near Namesti Republicky Metro stop

• al_mary's Profile Photo

Great Hotel / B&B

My wife and I stayed at a very nice place right in the
    heart of everything, all in walking distance.
    Very reasonable price, clean and helpful staff ....
    Right in the heart of historical Prague
    We were in Prague in September 2004

Truhlarska 10, Old Town, Prague 1, Czech Republic

Unique Quality: The Hotel was clean, the staff was excellent in
    providing infrmation, the restuarant was great,
    and it was also a nice place to relax even just
    for a snack or cocktail.
    It is in "Old Town", within walking distance of all you
    would want to see,
    The underground and bus lines are right there, and
    the stop to and from the airport is right on the corner
    the hotel is on.
    This hotel is a "must" to check out if your going to visit
    Prague.
    We felt, 100% safe in the area, and had no problems
    at all even though we got in at midnight or later some nights.

Most of all, it is very reasonable for all they offer ....

Directions: In the heart of "Old Town"
    Wenceslas Square: 0.5km
    Old Town Square: 0.5km
    Prague Castle: 2km
    Charles Bridge: 1km

• Thunderdarts's Profile Photo

Good but not great

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights, celebrating the new year 2004/2005.

The location of the hotel is brilliant - 10mins from Charles bridge, Wencelas Square, 5 mins from Old Town square.

Generally the room was tiny, TV had about 3 channels, and we only ate there once (on new years eve night) and it really wasn't very good food at all.

Price was reasonable - I'd say this hotel was great for location, but just mediocre for the rest of the hotel experience.

6/10 for me.

Unique Quality: An open courtyard with exterior lift in the centre is cool - I'd say it would be excellent in the summer.

• dinhyen's Profile Photo

A hop from the old town

We booked our accommodation through www.athos.cz (say hi to Pavla). Hotel Salvatore is a 3-star hotel in Nove Mesto, but is just a stone's throw away from the Powder Gate. We booked a 5-person apartment for about 150 Euros a night, kind of pricey but the size is palatial. The breakfast buffet is sumptuous, served in the atmospheric basement. To get to our room, we'd have to pass through several layers of locked doors. I've never seen so much security in my life! Our room door has 2 dead-bolt locks! Parking is in an underground garage a few blocks away (included in the price quoted above).

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo

Closer to city centre

One of the locals sold us the hotel at the train station and to be fair he didn't let us down.
    Close to city centre, with very helpful staff, large breakfast bar. The hotel is on four floors with a glass lift and is well furnished.

Unique Quality: Salvador Dali pictures on the walls.

• gemjag's Profile Photo

Hotel Salvator

Simple, comfortable accomodation, helpful, friendly staff.

Situated within walking distance of all tourist attractions.

Unique Quality: Excellent restaurant downstairs (La Boca).

Hotel is built around a open air courtyard, to get to your room you go in a glass elevator. I thought it was cool (ok so I'm easily pleased)

Directions: 70m from Republic Square (Namesti Republiky) also an underground station.

• piersend's Profile Photo

Centrally located

Nice accomodation located near to the Powder Tower, the rooms are fairly basic but there is satellite TV shower and WC. The staff are very friendly. Breakfast consists of a help yourself buffet, but there are fried eggs and sausages-you can have as much as you like :)

Unique Quality: There is a Sports Bars in the cellar with Footy on Satellite TV, with snooker tables for guests. The Restaurant was very impressive "La Boca' it is rated highly by the Prague Post. It was very busy both at lunch time and evening, both with guest and local Czech diners-excellent

Directions: Nr to the Powder Tower

• cwest03's Profile Photo

Affordable, Convenient and Quiet Hotel

Hotel Salvator ***

I found this hotel from a recommendation here at VT.

This 30 room hotel is just minutes walk from the old town square and the heart of old Prague. Simple rooms with TV and bathroom in the room. Our TV had no remote so there was no way to change the volume. The room had no phone but there was a public phone available just steps away from the hotel door.

In addition to being close to the Old Town Square, Hotel Salvator is near public transportation, a shopping mall and a large grocery store (great for backpackers).

A nice feature of this hotel is that they will send a taxi to pick you up at the train station or airport if you arrange it beforehand. The train station option will cost you about 250 crowns or $7 and is well worth the price. A driver was waiting for us when we steeped off the train. He helped us with our bags and whisked us off to his car through the crowds of people trying to get you to stay in their apartment or hotel.

You will be asked to pay your bill in full with cash at check in so be prepared. There are at least 3 different money machines within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel so if you don't have it the hotel can hold your bags for you while you go to the bank. A double room was 2600 crowns when I was there. Check the web site for current prices.

high low holiday
    dbl 68 46 82
    tri 81 59 95
    prices in US$

Unique Quality: There is an Argentinian restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel. We did not eat there but I am told that the food it good. I guess we were too busy eating the local food and drinking the local beer. We'll have to go to Argentina to have Argentinian food.

Directions: about a 5-10 minute walk from the old town square

More about Hotel Salvator

by utoledo

Will be traveling to Prague in October. Two sr. Citizens. I'm 73 and wife is 63,chidl bride, and have found the website for Hotel Salvator and it sounds like our kind of place. Any input will be greatley apprecaited. Eventhough we are Sr. we travel a lot and are not in need of wheel chairs. Will be arriving via train from Germany.

Thanks to all.

by r13

Hi,

Although I walked down that street once 3 years ago I think it should be OK. That street will be average street - nothing exiting. It is close to old city with many interesting locations, but will not be packed with tourists. Should be relatively quiet street, exept there is a construction site of shoping centre around 150 m away. Metro station is about 300- 400 m (Famous Municipal house is next to the same station).

by Svetlana_L

I would say that it is a very good hotel - comparing price and quiality - we were staying there couple times -when we were visiting Prague.It is very cosy inside and the building has rectangular shape with the courtyard inside. I agree with the previous reply - that street the hotel located on is not special at all, but it is close to the Stare Mesto.

by utoledo

Svetlana: Thank you for the advise. What is "Stare Mesto"?

by Svetlana_L

Stare Mesto - it is in czech - Old Town - this is the one of the main attractions in the city.

Comments