Staromestske Namesti 29, Praha 1, Prague, Bohemia, 110 00, Czech Republic

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 24% less but rated 11% lower than other 5 star hotels

• Excellent central hotel

A fantastic central hotel in Old Town Square that was fantastic location. Roof terrace. Lovely room overlooking the astronomical clock tower. Did get a bit noisy with the chimes but we liked it.

Unique Quality: Great view.
    Central.

• Very Poor Service

The hotel is decorated beautifully with classic furniture and accessories. I stayed for five nights in their luxury junior suite and during my stay I repeatedly had to ask them to clean my room, on one occasion three times in the same day. When it was done, room cleaning was poor with their staff even forgoting one day to give any bathroom towels and the area rug carpet was filthy upon my arrival. I had to specifically request a vacuuming of the room. There is no concierge and the hotel taxi was overpriced. The receptionist who pretends to be the concierge was very unhelpful by shockingly refusing to call me a regular taxi company claiming they were a five star hotel and stating I could only use their car. There was no room service. Breakfast tables were inadequate for the number of guests and used tables were often left unclean after guests had left. Usually when I arrived for breakfast the staff often would forget to provide tea and coffee after I requested it and when they did remember they would forget the cup to drink it. The hotel ruined my trip to what is a beautiful and wonderful city.

Directions: Centre of town.

• TravelChick67's Profile Photo

Excellent Location!

If you want to be in the middle of the action, this is the place.

Right on Old Town Square and many rooms have a view of the clock tower and Tyn Church. Very cool.

We were there over New Years Eve so the prices were VERY jacked up. $220 a night over the holiday and about $130 a night normally. But, I must say it was well worth it.

If you are staying during a non holiday time of year, the normal prices of around $130 is a great value. The hotel has been completely redone and the rooms are BIG and very nicely furnished including sitting are, full sized dresser, small frig, etc.

It is a bit more expensive than the average Prague stay but I would highly recommend it.

Directions: Right on Old Town Square

More about Hotel U Prince

U Prince Hotel Roof Terrace Bar

by Fen about U Prince Hotel Roof Terrace Bar

U Prince Hotel Roof Terrace Bar is situated in the Old Town Square, almost at eye level with the clock on the famous Astronomical Clock Tower, the Roof Terrace Bar offers the most outstanding views of central Prague.

Great views and hot chocolate

by neilward about Hotel U Prince

Great hot chocolate and a wonderful view fro m the 6th floor in the hotel,they do have a lift whcih takes you through the whole hotel,its a glass lift and you can see all the splendour thats associated with this hotel. Hot Chocolate....

Worst Hotel EVER

We have just returned from a deserving break in Prague and stayed at the Hotel U Prince. Both my husband and I travel all over the world on business and this has to be the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! We splashed out and booked a Junior Suite (very expensive) when we arrived we had two wonderful full length windows in our room only to look out at 2 x brick walls!! No view whatsoever, very disappointed. When we complained, the staff did not seem to care, so much so that we even spoke to the General Manager who again showed no sign of so called customer service! All the staff were extremely arrogant and on two ocassions a waiter just rushed past me and knocked into me without even an apology! The reception staff were very rude and unhelpful and it was a chore for them to help or assist you. Breakfast was served from 7.00 - 10.00am and unless you came down for breakfast at 7.00am, you could expect the breakfast to be cold and the eggs very hard and chewy. We asked for fresh eggs to be cooked and the waiter did not even reply, he just walked off, sighed and huffed and then 20 minutes later brought us some fresh eggs. Excuse the pun, but you were literally walking on egg shells with all the staff and almost frightened to ask them anything through fear of their response. The service charge (hidden in the bill) is a complete disgrace and everyone who stays there should be made aware of this. The Hotel has a sister hotel called Zlatystrom which is on the path to Charles Bridge, we twice had a meal there and the staff were not much better but an improvement on the Hotel U Prince. If you do have a meal there show them your card from the Hotel U Prince and you get a very nice discount, sadly it does not work the other way at U Prince, no surprise there then!! One final point. If you do plan on exchanging any sterling at the hotel, the staff will not entertain any notes with the slightest tear, writing or pen mark on them. One receptionist literally threw the notes back at me saying she wouldn't accept them, yet all the other exchange shops and banks had no problem accepting them.
On the whole, the hotel looks very nice from the outside and inside, but all the staff from the waiters, receptionist upto the General Manager desperatly need some Customer Care Training. Very disappointed and would not recommend this hotel to anybody whatsoever.

OK view, shame about the service, food, cover charge...

My friend recommended the terrace at the Hotel U Prince for the "stunning views." The terrace was crowded but afforded reasonable views of rooftops.

We ordered some cocktails and were enticed by the full colour menu to order dinner. I chose the Venison, depicted in the menu as seared on the outside, pink in the middle and accompanied by sweet potato mash and green beans wrapped in crisp bacon.

Unfortunately, when my meal arrived the Venison was dry and was accompanied by a splodge of sweet potato. A small bunch of over cooked green beans was chopped in half with each tiny portion wrapped in a greasy, fatty rasher of bacon. I sent the offending plate back and shortly after received another. It was of similar quality but given my hunger I resolved to put the meal down to experience so did not attempt a third plate.

The waiter went through the routine of asking if I enjoyed the meal but was not at all interested in the response. I certainly was not prepared for the bill that included a gratuity AND cover charge. Neither of which were drawn to our attention before we ordered.

I had a wonderful week in Prague but as for Hotel U Prince - never again! The view does really not compensate for the over priced, badly cooked food, sloppy service and ridiculous charges.

What a shame!!

The Hotel Uprince has a terrific location in the Old Town Square in Prague. The hotel is beautiful & very expensive. Our big problem was with the attitude of the staff. Outside on the square they have a wonderful terrace bar with comfortable cane chairs, this bar is busy & popular. The waiters are absolutely dreadful - rude, & unpleasant and really do not want to serve you at all.
We ate dinner there one night - the food was fabulous & very reasonably priced but the meal was completely ruined for us by the unpleasant waiters, they were brusque, rude, made no eye contact and NEVER smiled. We tried to complain to the head waiter but he was just as rude as the rest of them. There is 10% service automatically added to your bill so they do not care if you receive good service or not.
We had visited the terrace a few times for drinks but that dinner was the last time EVER!! There are many wonderful places nearby, with good food, nice drinks & pleasant staff. We liked the locally produced wine - The hotel U Prince does not sell it by the bottle - why on earth not??
Avoid this bar if you can - it looks so tempting but is a horrid experience!!

We loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member ScarlettBegoniaFarms

We stayed at the U Prince for the first portion of our visit to the Czech Republic. We had an absolutely charming room with a balcony overlooking the Square directly across from the Old Clock Tower. The entire staff was extremely accommodating, the room was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal in the restaurant (we ordered Czech food). The location was excellent and we could walk anywhere and everywhere. We would definitely stay there again.

Very poor dining experience

by TripAdvisor Member Aonghas

The hotel looked nice but our dining experience was the worst we had during our week in Prague.
The staff were indifferent and didn't seem to care whether we had good service or not. The food was attractively displayed in a glossy book but in reality it was mass produced and pre- prepared.
A steep service charge and cover charge for the bread (which we didn't ask for) explained why the staff didn't feel the need to make an effort. A place to avoid!

Hotel U PrinceHotel U Prince

Hotel U Prince, entranceHotel U Prince, entrance

Lunch at Restaurace u PrinceLunch at Restaurace u Prince

Terrace U PrinceTerrace U Prince

Visit in Prague

by pireneng

Hi! Is it a good time to visit Prague in Feb? Safe for a woman traveler to wander around? Any good day trips to recommend? =P Thanks for any advice!

RE: Visit in Prague

by danasuzanne

Prague is fabulous! I found it to be very safe, great tram system. I'd recommend staying in the Old Town. See my tip for the Hotel U Prince.

I was there two times in November. It was unusually warm this year. I'm sure it's cold by now. Dress warmly. Have fun!

RE: RE: Visit in Prague

by Redang

I suppose that Feb can be cold, but I realized that Prague is a very safe city (when I went in Jul '05).

Comments