Hotel U Sladku

Full Moon over Old Town SquareFull Moon over Old Town Square

Hradcany SquareHradcany Square

St Vitus CathedralSt Vitus Cathedral

Golden laneGolden lane

Which station gets me to Vienna?

by BriMcFly88

I leave tomorrow and I am starting to panic a bit. I had to book my flight 4 days in advance for a spur of the moment trip... I land in Prague on Sunday and need to leave for Vienna on Tuesday. I will buy my train ticket the day I land or the day before, but I'm not sure what station services Vienna. Is there a station that is central?

Also - I will be there alone :( I am 26 year old male and will be bored. If anyone knows great places to find people who speak some English, let me know, I really hope to meet some people :) I guess the best place to do that is my hostel for obvious reasons...

Anyway, thanks for any help you can give!!

by bekerovka

Hy,
trains to Wien start both from Central station(Hlavni Hadrazi)and Praha-Holesovice, both served by metro, red line.
For timetables and fares, take a look here: http://jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/, for skip in english in the middle of the page on your right.
After your choice you can go to your departure station and buy ticket. In ticket office they usually speak also English and fares are cheaper.
Don't worry for the language: many people speak a good english now and there are also many tourists: ask for a suggestion in your hostel.
Hope this helps
Ciao, Marco

by jumpingnorman

I think I took the Central station(Hlavni Hadrazi) to go to Vienna from Prague and getting the ticket was easy (I think the ticketing was at second floor?I had to go up steps if I remember right...)...and not to worry because they speak English quite well there...I had no problems at all. Just walking around is a great experience and I just got a good map and walked around myself...lots of tourists and you won't feel alone...Have fun in beautiful Prague! Norman :)

by stamporama

You can buy the Supercity train ticket to Vienna at the Supercity window of Holesovice station (see my tip below). I hope you enjoy both cities as much I did.

Travel Tips for Prague

Pivo and Picture Heaven

by Bigs

Prague is a place where you can have a great time. All the architecture is just breathtaking. I remember living in suburb as a huge advantage, because that´s the real czech life!!!!!! Food!! The beer is always tasty here and the city has some of the best Italian restaurants in Europe! Not to forget Bohemia Bagel, Pragues best Bagel shop........

Josefov - Cubist Houses

by yooperprof

Interesting example of early 20th century architecture. This complex was built shorly after World War I to a design by Otakar Novotny, who obviously had a keen appreciation for the interplay for shapes and colors. On Elisky Krasnohorsky, close to the river.

Pivo, prosim!

by Gage17

"Pivo" is Czech for beer, and the Czech Republic is famous for it. Not only is it home to the world's first pilsner, but more people drink beer per capita in the Czech Republic than anywhere else on the planet! And the great thing is that when you're in a pub, you can just ask for "pivo" and you get the house beer on tap.... none of this nonsense selection... just gimme a beer!

The Hurdy-Gurdy Man

by iwys

Well, in a way, this is very much on the beaten path. Charles Bridge attracts all sorts of vendors, entertainers and buskers. But, the weirdest one of all is the Hurdy-Gurdy Man.

The hurdy-gurdy is a strange, early medieval instrument which uses a wheel cranked by the turning of a handle to pluck the strings inside. it was traditionally played by beggars and blind musicians. In France it is sometimes referred to as the instrument de truand (gangster's instrument).

right outside prague is...

by dinasmurf

right outside prague is krivoklat castle on the beraunka river. it was originally built in the 11th century, but been destroyed and rebuilt several times through it's history. contains amazing, unique and original furniture and items. there is even a little tortue room with a rack and an iron maiden.......ooo, what fun.......

Comments