Ve Smeckach 30, Prague, Bohemia, 110 00, Czech Republic

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• dibenjamin's Profile Photo

Loved the K+K Hotel Central

We stayed in this hotel after returning from Krakow on the overnight train. What luxury it was in comparison with the rickety train with its stinky toilet. I slept so well under the down comforter. The bathroom had a tub, which I had been longing for -- so much walking made my feet tired every day.

The people at the front desk were efficient, which was welcome after certain other experiences we had had, and the common areas were an interesting and well done mix of art nouveau and modern.

The breakfast was luxe, with champagne and all sorts of lovely baked goods and fruit, and yogurt and meat and cheese. Loved it all!

Unique Quality: They have a sauna.

The decor is great, a successful mix of art nouveau and modern.

Directions: near Prasná brána (Powder Tower)

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Recommend? - Definitely!!

This is the second time I have stayed at a K+K hotel, the first being in Budapest. I was so impressed with the Budapest hotel that when I booked this trip, K+K was going to be my first option and I have not been disappointed.

Booking through Expedia there were several far cheaper options, but the location, level of service and etc. makes this hotel very good value for money. These days I like to treat myself to little luxuries in life, even if I can't really afford them, and a decent hotel is one of them. As a good mate of mine once said: "John, you work hard enough for it, you might as well enjoy it."

And so I do!

Straight off from check-in the service is friendly AND efficient - tho check-out took a little longer seeing as my combined bar and minibar bill ran to 2 pages (and I was hardly there)!

On night of arrival phoned down for iron, which arrived in minutes, the couple of times I used room service, that was spot-on. All staff smiled and said Hi when passed in corridors.

The hotel itself is bright, modern and absolutely spotless; the rooms, comfortable and well furnished with all the basics that one expects of a 3/4 star city hotel.

This is only a small hotel group with, I think, 7 hotels, but I will definitely stay with them again.

Unique Quality: Breakfast is a treat - the buffet has just about everything that you could think of having for breakfast, including Champagne, and is beautiffuly presented. Also breakfast is served from 6.30 until 11 (12 at weekends) and so there is no morning rush to get up, which suits me!!

All rooms have FREE internet access, the lobby is a Wi-Fi zone and there are three computer terminals in the lobby including the one in the business lounge - which also has a complimentary espresso machine. This is where I usually had my daily VT fix after breakfast along with a couple of coffees to kick-start the system.

Directions: Just off Wenceslas square, after "Darlings" and opposite "Atlas" - Ve Smeckack is signed on other direction going from Metro (Muzeum) which is why I missed it on arrival - HIC!

More about K + K Hotel Fenix

K & K Hotel Fenix

Just returned from a Six Night stay at the K & K Fenix. The Hotel is spotless.
The staff very courteous and fluent in English. The location to mass transit is
excellent, right off Wenceslas Square, two blocks to the" Museum"station. The
buffet breakfast was worth every penny. The variety and abundance of food
is very rewarding. Nice way to start your day!! The Lobby Bar was packed everynight with amiable quest. We had a room in the front that was bright and quite large, the Bathroom was modern and clean. There are three Strip Clubs
adjacent to this hotel. Don't be alarmed!! We were not intimidated at all. The
street barkers for these clubs respect the hotel's patrons.
Prague was easy to navigate using Mass Transit. The Metro and Trams are
clean, safe and run quite often. This is a beautiful city, filled with history and
architecture. We highly recommend it, and suggest you visit while the exchange rate is favorable.

Fabulous Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member maxmc

We booked the K+K Fenix based on the reviews contained in this web site and it exceeded our expectations. The rooms were well appointed with plenty of electrical sockets, a hair dryer, tea/coffee making facilties, and a well stocked mini bar. The beds had duvets and lovely soft pillows. Although close to bars and clubs we didn't hear any noise at all. The main bar was OK, not somewhere to spend the evening but fine for a night cap or for somehere to meet friends. Breakfast was plentiful and offered good, well cooked food. All the staff were very helpful and all spoke very good English. Upon our arrival we booked a couple of trips via reception and found these to be the same cost as trips offred in the town. Finally, the location of this hotel could not be bettered. All the main / central attractions were within easy walking distance. Also close to the hotel is a good selection of bars, restaurants, shops, and jazz bars. If we return to Prague we shall stay at the same hotel again.

nice hotel

Really nice hotel, spotlessly clean and in a great location. Hotel staff were very nice and helpful. Only problem was the breakfast, not the best in the world and for someone like me with food allergies, it was a bit of a nightmare, but nothing new there, just could have done with a bit more variety.
One tip: food and drink in the main tourist areas is expensive and not what we expected. But if you go a few roads back, (hope on and off the fantastic tram service) you will get some great food at next to nothing prices e.g., lunch for 2 with alcohol £5 ($7).
I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a modern hotel in a great location.

Don't book anywhere else in Prague!

by TripAdvisor Member TizzieBelle

I have to say that this hotel is superb. I did not find any dirt anywhere (no hairs from the previous guest either!) The rooms are spotless, the breakfast is far better than any other european offering and the staff are fantastic. They speak fluent English which was a godsend on our mini break. The only downside was the lack of swimming pool but they are not too common in the hotels there anyway. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again without a doubt.

Excellent and very clean

by TripAdvisor Member SuzanneKilmarnock

Returned from mid-week stay in Prague at the Fenix. Very helpful staff at reception. Rooms very clean and peaceful. Breakfast food was very varied and again very helpful and courteous staff.

Hotel well appointed just off Wenceslas Square.
Handy mini mart just across the road for essentials.

Found the mini-van from the airport to the hotel best value at 480kr, just over 10 pounds for up to 4 people.

Beautiful city with great architecture.
2 hr Boat trip great value very scenic, informative and warm on a freezing day. Meet at the astranomical clock 10.30am, yellow umbrella. Try the hot wine it heats you up a treat.
Also hop on a tram, tickets from traffika. See other areas of Prague.

A lovely hotel

Stayed for 3 nights 14th-17th Feb 2005 and was really impressed. The staff are very friendly. The rooms are spotlessly clean and well maintained as well as quiet. The air-con is great too, so you can moderate the temperature to how you like it. Well stocked mini-bar, comfortable beds.
Breakfast is ok too - nice choice of cereals, breads, fruit, etc - plus lots of coffee! Basically, a really nice comfortable hotel - if you've stayed at the K+K Hotel Cayre in Paris, which is also excellent, you wont be dissapointed with this one. Location is good - Wenceslas Square around the corner is full of shops and restaurants, and your only 10 minutes walk away from the old town and many beautiful sights.

Fantastic

Great hotel located in the 'red light' area but certainly not to be put off by. Staff were excellent, we changed rooms as the first wasn't what we booked and were given an excellent room. Food was great, free champagne at breakfast a nice way to start the day. Location wise this hotel is perfect, the hotel also provide a value for money transfer to the airport. If you can get the deal we did then there can be no better hotel in Prague. We paid about 40 british pounds per night, rack rate being about 150 pounds.

Excellent hotel!

I stayed with my wife for 5 days in this hotel last November and I had a great time. They gave us a fabulous room with a view of the street which was unbelievable for the price we paid.

Breakfast was fantastic with great variety of food, champagne included and very helpful staff. We even checked out the sauna downstairs (beautiful design!) which was a relaxing break from the cold streets of late Fall.

The hotel is within walking distance to the major attractions. Also, there is a Metro station just one block away and an American Express Travel office right on the corner. I should say that on the street of the hotel there are a few strip clubs, but that did not cause any inconvenience at all – everyone was very well behaved and the promotional people on the door (some guys with orange jackets and fliers) didn’t even invite my wife and I to go inside when we passed by!!!

I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone. Couples, families, and business travelers should all be pleasantly surprised with how good this hotel is.

by AndyS65UK

I am going to Prague towards the end of january, for a couple of days, and will be stopping at the Hotel Fenix. Does any-one have any experience of this hotel? I here there is an erotic club mnext door, does this cause any problems?

Also are there any decent bars close by for a guy to practice his favourite hobies of drinking and people watching, without spending a fortune.

Comments