Prague Hotels

• Chinggis_n_Borte profile photo Chinggis_n_Borte
  • Reviews: 229

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Fortuna Luna: Cheap Hotel with Good Breakfast

We found and booked this accommodation on www.booking.com
We got 50% discount on the rates, in 2011, and stayed for 2 nights. The TOTAL cost was 18 Euros for 2 nights, that is, 9 Euros per night.
An excellent buffet breakfast was included in the rate.
There was free wifi in the lobby, but not in the rooms, which meant that the lobby was often full of people using free wifi.
There was an odd smell on the floor, but we coped with it.
The bathroom was outside of our room, but still in a locked area, and to be shared with one other room. The keys opened one door which had the bathroom to share with the neighbouring room. And then there was a key to the bedroom.
The staff on reception were not the friendliest people in the hospitality industry, but we did not really care. We had a pretty good bargain!

We had arrived at the main train station Hlavni Nadrazi, and took the red metro line (heading North to Lednany). Strizkov Metro is in 6 stations. And then in a few minutes of walking, we had arrived at the accommodation.
Once you get out at metro Strizkov, turn left into Teplická and follow the street, and turn right into Strizkovska and follow the street until the street.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written January 7, 2015

Hilton Old Town Hotel: class in a classy city

This is a huge property with all the trimmings, you will be in heaven in Prague staying here.

Big rooms, bathrooms, nice big hallways, 3 elevators, great views of the city, restaurant bar Zinc, health gym, business center, plenty of space to roam around, nice breakfasts.

Great for a family or business visit staying near namesti republiky center of it all into the old town of Prague, near tramway, train station, taxi stand, cedae airport express minibus drops you off just past hotel front door.

clean, big, near all, location views , the works.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written October 23, 2014

Hilton Old Town Hotel

Hotel Villa: old world Art Deco 30's Hotel

old world charm art deco from the 30's, wood and cushion all over, great residential area, free parking, tramway/bus near by at station Želivského; internet, heat/AC; restaurant on premises.

the service is very nice and attentive, fast and courteous they mark very well they got an 8,5 rating from Booking.com in 2012.

free parking, great views on a hilly part of Praha near park for walks and close to public transport too.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Architecture
  • Written November 29, 2013

entrance Hotel Villa

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 11192

LUXURY APARTMENT: LOVELY APARTMENT

Hotel's in Prague were quite expensive, so what else could I find. Well, I came across the "airbnb" website which lists apartments worldwide. After viewing dozen's available, I picked this "Luxury Apartment," sent an email as required and was accepted. [Detalis on website]
A time for arrival was arranged, so all we had to do was turn up. We could contact each other via email or phone which we did.

Finding the apartment with a GPS was easy, might be harder on your own. The apartment is in a large block of units, they are numbered and I found it quite easily. They are secure, ie. I rang the number on the outside intercom and our hostess and owner "Sarka" came and let us in.

The apartment was exactly as the photo's show, very modern, clean, very nice. Everything was for our use, including the washing machine - washing powder was supplied and I could hang the washing on the balcony to dry, I made use of this!
Our double bed had lovely satin sheets we had a LCD 32" TV in the room, [another TV in the Lounge room], plenty of wardrobes, a desk and chair and FREE WIFI.
The kitchen is modern and well equipped, the Bathroom is shared, there are two Toilets.
We had a lift to take us to the unit, always appreciate that!

On the website, it says parking is on-site, this is car-parks by the units which were all full, so we had to park approx. 200metres away in the street. We left the car there the whole time and used public transport [metro] which was a 5 min walk away and only 1-2 stops from the centre, depending on where you wish to alight.
The area is quiet and we felt quite safe walking around here. It looks to be where people live and go to work.
We found a very good restaurant 5 mins away from the unit.

Another point to remember, is Sarka lives in the other bedroom, so if you want the unit to yourself, this may not be for you. She is a "uni" student, so was either out or in her room studying, we hardly saw her at all. It was not a problem for us"

This unit was perfect for us in every possible way, and we would definitely return here if ever in Prague again.
Best of all, it was a very good price!

NEXT TIP - PUBLIC TRANSPORT

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 23, 2013

Luxury apartment

Hotel Elizza: Best kept secret in Prague

wonderful cozy hotel warm welcome and company at the bar ;) old world charm basic amenities but all working and on great neighborhood 10 mins from city center by bus and metro. For couples ist great, nice pooldeck and pool, no restaurant but onen good one 100 meters away

pool, nice secluded private cozy for the romantic PRAGUE mood. its a residential neighborhood of great houses. The restaurant serves buffet breakfast and cook to order items yummy

• Related to: Historical Travel, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written December 28, 2011

my room key lol!!!

• Saagar profile photo Saagar
  • Reviews: 2196

Hotel Cerny Slon: Excellent , but smallish, city centre

Had a wonderful stay here, will come back here when in Prague again.

Location, location and location. In the middle of the old city, right at the Staromestske Namesti.
Small hotel, 35 beds, book early. Good restaurant in the basement.
Quite a romantic place, historic building.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written November 13, 2011

• DennyP profile photo DennyP
  • Reviews: 828

THE A-Z HOSTEL: I STAYED AT THE A-Z HOSTEL

I had booked ahead with this hostel accomodation as it was within walking distance of the main Railway Station and also it was a very central location for me to the city centre..I booked this (as I do ) through Hostelworld.com..which I find really handy to find and organise my accomodation.

PRAGUE
The main attraction for me with this Hostel was ..The location...it was reasonably priced. I found it to be clean,great showers,very friendly ,helpful with advice on city sights...great deli downstairs and a pizzeria .also money exchange and various other shops. and right where I wanted to be in Prague..and... it wasn't crowded.

• Related to: Architecture, Backpacking, Castles and Palaces
  • Written September 23, 2011

A-Z HOSTEL RECEPTION ON THE FIRST FLOOR

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1711

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Albion Hotel and Congress Centre: Ideal for tourists coming here by Coach!

We spent 3 nights at Albion Hotel in Prague with 42 other friends. Before coming here I had a look on different comments on VT and TripAdvisor and I noticed that almost all comments were negative. I read of stained carpets, dirty rooms, no mini bar, poor quality food, poor breakfast, and rude staff. Some people wrote that it was the worst hotel they ever visited. So, before coming here I warned my friends not to expect much, and I even called the travel agency asking for more info concerning this hotel. In reality I thought it was the worst of the three hotels we were going to visit on our 9 day trip to Europe. The agency told me that they use this hotel frequently and never before had they heard of negative comments.

The hotel is huge and part of it has recently been renovated. It is mostly popular with guests who come here by coach. You will also find many students who stay over the night on a school trip. It can be very noisy when students come, but during our 3 night stay, luckily we had no trouble at all. Noise was mostly in the afternoon. Animals are allowed in the hotel, so I went to check if there is a separate place for these animals when they are accepted but the reception people told me that this does not happen often but when it does, these animals stay in the rooms with their owners. (This I did not like at all to be honest.)

Smoking is allowed in the lounge area next to the bar, but luckily not in the rooms. The area on the ground floor has the smell of cigarette all over.

We had our room upgraded to a suite when we got there and we were given room # 606. The suite was huge but with nothing stylish or fancy. The bathroom was big with a bath tub. We had different toiletries of the Aqua Line branch. We had clean bright white towels that were changed daily. The coffee facilities in our room were appreciated even if I always carry along my own small kettle, but I noticed the very last day we did not have any toiletries nor coffee or milk added.

Our bed was really huge, -hard just like we wanted it, and there was so much space (for kids to play with a ball) in the two very spacious rooms plus the small entrance hall. There was a small brown stain somewhere on the carpet, but this does not mean that the hotel is dirty. On the contrary I found it very clean.

Breakfast was more than adequate, with a variety of cheese, porridge, croissant, ham, salami, yoghurt, fruit, and juice. (Don’t expect to find fresh orange juice here though.) As we were on H/B basis we had buffet all three nights. A big glass of beer at the bar costs 2.5 euro but they accept only local money. You can change your money at the reception desk. I found the people at the bar restaurant extremely rude. The elderly lady at the bar is very arrogant and the boy at the coffee bar opposite the souvenir shop does not speak much English.

The very last evening an incident made me ask to see the kitchen manager when many people in our group asked me to check the cucumber dish. I noticed that cucumbers were molten and I am not exaggerating. Luckily the people in the kitchen must have noticed it. Cucumbers were soft dark and creamy on the bottom of the huge bowl. The people at the restaurant had added freshly cut cucumbers to molten ones of previous days! I added an (s) and used bold letters to stress this. If those cucumbers were cut the previous day it would have been in a much better condition. The worst of all is that I had no battery in the camera to take a picture of the bowl. I asked to see the kitchen manager who with very rude manners refused that this happened and he seemed angry even though I was very polite and talked silently because I did not want to make a fuss. Of course I could not prove any evidence since he had already changed the bowl with a new one with all fresh cucumbers but I was surprised of the way he reacted.

Buffet was satisfying and if it was not for that salad dish which I referred above I could give it an 80 mark out of a 100. That incident spoiled the whole picture of our last night and stay. We were lucky we had not seen this happen the first day of our stay.

Some of the rooms on the ground and first floors can be really noisy especially those overlooking the parking lot (full of buses) mostly. Coaches come even late at midnight and it can be too noisy depending on the people and age.

Wireless Internet access is free and mostly young people gather at the bar area or at the side of the reception on the ground floor to work on their laptops. There is a nice quiet garden at the back of the bar restaurant with grass and a fountain with round tables and some chairs for people to sit on hot sunny days or warm afternoons.

There are no shops around, and it is far from the city centre. I highly recommend it for big groups coming here by coach. I would not mind staying here again if I ever visit Prague but again I would choose to stay at a suite. In all, the stay was good if it had not been for the rude manners of the people I mentioned above, and I mean really rude. These people should not work here because they destroy the whole picture of the hotel. As for rooms, in all, I guess it all depends on the room you are given because some of the wings are much better than others. There are rooms with no mini bars in, or are very noisy. The impression of the whole group of 42 people was satisfying for the money we paid.

• Related to: Business Travel, Photography, Road Trip
  • Written September 3, 2011

The Albion Hotel premises

• karinliskova profile photo karinliskova
  • Reviews: 1

Hotel At the Green Grape: Sweet stay in prague

This hotel is so quiet and romantic for me and my husband. It was best experience, that i have
from all accomodation i had before in Prague for acceptable prices! Receptionists and service was so kindnes and helpful.
Room is beatiful and we had a great mood from this apartment , we felt like at home.
I can recomend this hotel to everyone whos looking for some lone romantic place to stay in Prague, and city center is not so far at all :)

Parental hotel about 10 minutes from Green Grape under Charles bridge.
We get a discounts for lunch/dinner and free wine. :)

• Related to: Architecture, Historical Travel, Wine Tasting
  • Written August 23, 2011

• TheAndos profile photo TheAndos
  • Reviews: 120

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Arcadia Old Town: Why stay anywhere else?

These beautiful apartments are in a traditional building a stone's throw south of the Old Town Square, but are so quiet. Kitchens are fully equiped if you want to self cater. We were lucky enough to get the huge penthouse, king sized bed, plasma TV, huge bathroom with shower, bath and under floor heating, big kitchen/dining area. Lounge area. Serviced every day, breakfast in cafe downstairs. And great assistance from the manager Pasquale, an Italian who went travelling and got to Prague. Whilst the Czech service can be rather dour, it was refreshing to have his helpful advice and friendly attention. We left as old friends. And say dobry den to the housekeeper, Maria!

Personal service. Quiet. Beautiful apartments.

• Related to: Castles and Palaces, Historical Travel, Music
  • Written June 26, 2011
Tip Photo

• aktravlr profile photo aktravlr
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ave Booking Service/Hotel(s)Aida&Denisa: $US25 for Prague Hotel single WITH bath

Just did a quick overnite FEB2011 stay in Prague, enroute friends/family visit in Moravia, CZ.
Booked 3 hrs ahead on internet for previously-stayed-at Hotel Aida Prague Zone 8, 5 REDmetro stops away from Hlavni Nadrazi/main Prague train station.

On arrival @2000, sign reading "reception closes at 1900," but with an adjacent "reception" buzzer to press, no problem, I thought. Lady answering my reception buzz, was surprised when I told her of my confirmed internet booking, with confirmation #, as she told me Aida had no available rooms; but after further discussion, she told me to sit tight and wait for a FREE taxi she was sending to pick me up and deliver me to her location, the Hotel Denisa, Prague Zone6, near the last stop of the GREENmetro line, toward Prague's Ruzyne airport.

Having watched Prague change in the last 18 years of my annual travels to CZ, the idea of a hotel company with QUALITY rooms(ie clean, modern, TV, refrigerator, ensuite bath, etc) owniing up to their mistake and acting immediately to correct same, used to be unheard of in post-Communist eastern Europe, and is still a RARE happening. BTW, cooked breakfast is part of the deal.

The Ave Booking/Mgt company for these 2 very affordably-priced properties, also has another 1/2 dozen PRIME heart-of-downtown Prague hotels, at slightly higher, but LOW, for Prague, prices in the $US 35-80 range.

See above, including COOKED breakfast, "eat only on-premises" sign posted.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Women's Travel, Seniors
  • Written February 21, 2011

• LeeRobertAdams profile photo LeeRobertAdams
  • Reviews: 67

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Jizera Apartments: Your Very Own Apartment on Wenceslas Square...

When our friends announced they had booked us into an apartment on Wenceslas Square for about fifty quid for four of us, my immediate reaction was "What's the catch?"

Admittedly, they had found the Jizera apartments on laterooms.com for about half price, but even at full price, it would be fantastic value for money given the location.

You simply can't get anymore central than Wenceslas Square, and these apartments are fully furnished and equipped, and are actually smarter than my place in Brno.

If you don't mind looking after yourself in an apartment, it will be very hard to find a superior place to this in such a location.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written January 16, 2011

• duckpond profile photo duckpond
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Prague Apartment Zelezna Residence 3: AWESOME APARTMENT IN PRAGUE !

Absolutely wonderful 3-story apartment above a souvenier shop in Old Town, just steps from the famous clock. The owner, Frank, met us at the apartment with his little girl. He gave us a City map & marked subway entrances, shopping districts, Christmas Market areas, etc. on the map for us. He was very nice and very helpful. The apartment is centrally located with the Christmas Markets practically outside the door. Lots of restaurants on the square, shopping close by. We walked from morning to night all over Prague in the fresh deep snow. It was like a Christmas card there. We walked to the bridge from the apartment & ended up walking in the Christmas parade with those dressed as devils, angels, St. Nicholas, etc. (first weekend in December festivities) We are from the United States. We would recommend this apartment and we would definitely stay here again.

Perfect location for us as we visited Christmas Markets in Dresden, then arrived in Prague by train to visit the Christmas markets there. Nice apartment, spiral staircases, living room with nice TV that had a few English speaking channels, nice bathroom with tub, kitchen with dishes, fridge, etc. Down-fillled duvets on the bed! (We LOVED that.) The apartment and area of Prague it was located in met all of our expectations (from web site photos & descriptions) and MORE! (Just listen to the owner's instructions & don't lock yourself in the hallways between the doors.)

• Related to: Trains, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 5, 2011

• JessH profile photo JessH
  • Reviews: 561

Zelezna Residence 3: Self-Catering apartment right in the Old Town

We usually prefer the privacy and flexibility of self-catering apartments when we travel, and in cities like Prague apartments can be a heck of a lot cheaper than hotels, so we booked this apartment online through MY-PRAGUE-APARTMENTS.COM (you need a credit card to guarantee the booking, however, you are not charged until you check into the accommodation so you can also pay cash if you like.)

We also booked our airport transfers through the company as well, as we had heard of the notorious Prague taxi drivers. Our driver was courteous and - naturally - knew where we were going so the drive was stress-free and the price was fair and pre-arranged (36 Euro).
Tanya, the friendly representative of the company met us outside the apartment and gave us a tour, the keys, a map for the city and explained where we could find the nearest supermarket, pharmacy, etc.

The apartment is located on the 4th floor (no elevator), and has 2 levels: the kitchen, living room and bathroom at the bottom, and the large double bedroom with more storage space than you could ever need at the top.

The apartment was very clean with plenty of extra towels and linen. The kitchen was sparsely but sufficiently equipped, but if you were to cook a larger meal a few more utensils may be necessary. The bathroom has a nice, large bathtub and a very efficient water heater (an absolute necessity after wandering around frozen Prague for about 12 hours a day!) The apartment also has free Wi-Fi internet and Tanya gave us the user name & password upon arrival.
Outside the apartment's front door is even a small balcony, so smokers don't have to walk down 4 flights of stairs every time they want a cigarette.

--> TIP: we visited Prague in the low-season (November), but I could imagine that during the peak-seasons in December and in summer, there may be an issue with some noise at night on Zelezna street.
We had a lovely stay in Zelezna Residence 3 and enjoyed terrific value-for-money (62 Euros/night) for such a large apartment in such a central location!

WEBLINK: http://www.my-prague-apartments.com/prague-apartment-zelezna-residence-3/

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written November 24, 2010

Upstairs bedroom, Prague apartment Zelezna

• Alex_71 profile photo Alex_71
  • Reviews: 102

Art Deco Imperial Hotel: Really art decò

I can say that just positive things about this hotel. The Imperial art deco has really the spirit of the ancient art noveau. Expecially in his internal architecture and in to the rooms. The hall is big and spacious, with a bar close to it (much more expensive then other bars in Prague, but it’s the bar of a 5 stars hotel). There are 2 internet points close to the hall into the hotel. The staff is absolutely of high level. They don’t speak Italian but all of them speak English and they are really very helpful for everything you need. My room was at the second floor (not great view but who cares?) and big enough with desks and guardarobe of the beginning of the last century, like the entire hotel. The bathroom had the “warm floor” (I mean that with a switch you can choose to have or not to have the floor of the bathroom warm). In the hotel you can use Jacuzzi, sauna and a fitness room. I didn’t try the fitness room but I checked it and it was more then 1 machine for making weights, so it’s good. The iacuzzi and the sauna obiusvly are in common with other guests. The breakfast was included in my trip so I don’t know how much it costs if you want to do it. Anyway I can say that is big enough and it’s served into an amazing art noveau place. Just, if you choose breakfast in your trip, don’t forget that at 10:30(sharp!!) they close (but it remains open for people that are not of the hotel).
Another important thing is that the hotel is close to the city center but in the same time it’s not into the noise, so I think it’s perfect also as position. Anyway there is the tram stop at about 50 meters, so no worry if u don’t want to walk.
At the end I can say: it’s really a good hotel. Great position, great staff, great architecture (you can check my photos but I’m sure you’ll do your own pics inside the hotel). When I’ll return in Prague I’ll return in this hotel for sure

The spa, the restaurant 5 stars, close to the city center but just outside the touristic area

• Written October 22, 2010