Prague Hotels

Our Members Say

• ericsas profile photo ericsas
  • Reviews: 104

Alwyn Hotel: Hotel near Stare Mesto in a quiet location

Alwyn Hotel is located near Stare Mesto. That was the main reason why we booked this hotel and now that we have stayed there for three nights we are delighted to have made that decision and stay there. The hotel is just 15-20 minutes walking from the heart of Stare Mesto (Old Town square) and is located in a very quiet and relaxed area. The service was exceptional. The person who attended us was very happy to welcome us, and she was very impressed that i was going to run the marathon and provided me all details about how to arrive to the fair marathon in to collect my bib number, and managed to get the breakfast served for me at 6.30am even if official till 7am the breakfast was not served. The double room is big enough for staying there some nights, and looked very new and was very clean. The breakfast is continental and has all you need, even if you have a specific diet for running the marathon.

Location near Stare Mesto but in a quiet and relaxed area, with a very professional and helpful staff.

• Written May 18, 2014

View from the room - Hotel Alwyn

• croisbeauty profile photo croisbeauty
  • Reviews: 7392

Hotel Aurus: One of the oldest hotels in Prague

Hotel Aurus (former Dum u Zlatne Studny) is located in the very heart of Stare mesto (The Old Town), very close to Charles Bridge and about five minutes walk from the Staromestske namesti. It is one of the best preserved monuments in Prague, originally dating back to the 16th century.

I did not stay in this hotel, I was attracted by the beauty of its facade during night walk through the Old Town and could only gasped the trigger of my camera. At first glance I did not even noticed that this is an hotel.
Aurus je four-star hotel with the usual facilities, plus free wi-fi. The price for the double room is 92 euros and up.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written September 26, 2013

Hotel Aurus

HOTEL EVROPA: FAMOUS HOTEL IN PRAGUE

I found Wenceslas Square to be the home of many historical and famous Hotel's.
One that many people take photo's of, is the Hotel Evropa that dates to 1889. Back then, it was known as "Archduke Stephan." During the years from 1903- 1905, the Hotel was rebuilt in the Art Nouveau style which includes sculpture's and decorations making it a very attractive Hotel.
There is a Café Evropa and and a Art Nouveau restaurant called Titanic restaurant.
The inside was used in the film, "Mission Impossible," with Tom Cruise.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Historical Travel, Architecture
  • Written August 25, 2013

Hotel Evropa

HOTEL JALTA: BOUTIQUE HOTEL

The Hotel Jalta is one of many located on Wenceslas Square, in the centre of Prague.

The building isn't that old as it was only built in 1958, it is the style that was interesting. It is classified as a UNESCO national cultural monument as it has an underground fallout shelter built during the communist era, statues standing above the entrance, and in the lobby, an original by Andy Warhol.
The Hotel Jalta is considered one of the most significant building's from this era.

The 5* Hotel, boast's 94 luxurious air-conditioned rooms with designer interiors and king-sized beds and with views over Wenceslas Square.

• Related to: Architecture, Luxury Travel
  • Written August 24, 2013

Hotel Jalta

HOTEL PRAGUE INN: HISTORICAL HOTEL

This is another Hotel that I stopped to have a look at. The Hotel Prague Inn stands where a famous Bohemian glass shop stood. The building dates back to the first half of the 14th century. There were once two separate medieval houses until the year 1572, when the Wettengl family had them joined together and made bigger. In 1621, the property was confiscated from Krystof Wettengl the Younger, who had been supplying arms to the Czech Estates during the Battle of the White Mountain. The house was later returned to his brother John on condition that he swore loyalty to the victorious Emperor Ferdinand II.
In 1789, a builder was brought in to change the face of the house to baroque style, for a beeswax-chandler named Nicholas Fischer. This is when the stucco sign came about and it was decorated with frescoes by famous Czech painters.
The house became known as either "the Great Beehive" or "The Golden Beehive."

Today the building is the home of the Hotel Prague Inn - the oldest of the Prague Hotels in Wenceslas Square. Nowadays it is a luxury, stylish, Hotel.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Architecture
  • Written August 12, 2013

Hotel Prague Inn

BOSCOLO HOTEL: PRESTIGIOUS HOTEL

Boscolo Hotels are a 5-star Italian hotel chain which have one of their famous Hotels not far from the Main Railway Station in Prague.

This luxurious Hotel has a lovely neo-classical facade and an inscription above the doorway in Czech, saying it was originally the Czech Mortgage Bank.
During the communist period, it was used by the Czech Postal Service, then was left to deteriorate before being bought by Boscolo Hotels and restored, including the period frescoes. It is one of the most prestigious 5-star luxury hotels in Prague.

I didn't go inside, wasn't game enough, so I had a look at the website seeing the outside was so smart.
It reads as having "A sumptuous staircase with late-XIX century wrought iron balustrades, alabaster columns, stucco work and golden interlacement, cupids and heraldic crests, original brass chandeliers in art Deco style," sounds and looks very nice in the photo's on the website.

They found a good way to use the bank’s old strong-room by turning it into the Cigar Bar. The ceiling is covered with a variety of alcoholic brand labels, something to look at while enjoying that Cigar!

• Related to: Historical Travel, Luxury Travel, Architecture
  • Written July 26, 2013

Boscolo Hotel

LUXURY APARTMENT: LOVELY APARTMENT

Hotel's in Prague were quite expensive, so what else could I find. Well, I came across the "airbnb" website which lists apartments worldwide. After viewing dozen's available, I picked this "Luxury Apartment," sent an email as required and was accepted. [Detalis on website]
A time for arrival was arranged, so all we had to do was turn up. We could contact each other via email or phone which we did.

Finding the apartment with a GPS was easy, might be harder on your own. The apartment is in a large block of units, they are numbered and I found it quite easily. They are secure, ie. I rang the number on the outside intercom and our hostess and owner "Sarka" came and let us in.

The apartment was exactly as the photo's show, very modern, clean, very nice. Everything was for our use, including the washing machine - washing powder was supplied and I could hang the washing on the balcony to dry, I made use of this!
Our double bed had lovely satin sheets we had a LCD 32" TV in the room, [another TV in the Lounge room], plenty of wardrobes, a desk and chair and FREE WIFI.
The kitchen is modern and well equipped, the Bathroom is shared, there are two Toilets.
We had a lift to take us to the unit, always appreciate that!

On the website, it says parking is on-site, this is car-parks by the units which were all full, so we had to park approx. 200metres away in the street. We left the car there the whole time and used public transport [metro] which was a 5 min walk away and only 1-2 stops from the centre, depending on where you wish to alight.
The area is quiet and we felt quite safe walking around here. It looks to be where people live and go to work.
We found a very good restaurant 5 mins away from the unit.

Another point to remember, is Sarka lives in the other bedroom, so if you want the unit to yourself, this may not be for you. She is a "uni" student, so was either out or in her room studying, we hardly saw her at all. It was not a problem for us"

This unit was perfect for us in every possible way, and we would definitely return here if ever in Prague again.
Best of all, it was a very good price!

NEXT TIP - PUBLIC TRANSPORT

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 23, 2013

Luxury apartment

• Saagar profile photo Saagar
  • Reviews: 2175

Hotel Cerny Slon: Excellent , but smallish, city centre

Had a wonderful stay here, will come back here when in Prague again.

Location, location and location. In the middle of the old city, right at the Staromestske Namesti.
Small hotel, 35 beds, book early. Good restaurant in the basement.
Quite a romantic place, historic building.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Arts and Culture
  • Written November 13, 2011

• DennyP profile photo DennyP
  • Reviews: 828

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

THE A-Z HOSTEL: I STAYED AT THE A-Z HOSTEL

I had booked ahead with this hostel accomodation as it was within walking distance of the main Railway Station and also it was a very central location for me to the city centre..I booked this (as I do ) through Hostelworld.com..which I find really handy to find and organise my accomodation.

PRAGUE
The main attraction for me with this Hostel was ..The location...it was reasonably priced. I found it to be clean,great showers,very friendly ,helpful with advice on city sights...great deli downstairs and a pizzeria .also money exchange and various other shops. and right where I wanted to be in Prague..and... it wasn't crowded.

• Related to: Castles and Palaces, Architecture, Backpacking
  • Written September 23, 2011

A-Z HOSTEL RECEPTION ON THE FIRST FLOOR

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1566

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Albion Hotel and Congress Centre: Ideal for tourists coming here by Coach!

We spent 3 nights at Albion Hotel in Prague with 42 other friends. Before coming here I had a look on different comments on VT and TripAdvisor and I noticed that almost all comments were negative. I read of stained carpets, dirty rooms, no mini bar, poor quality food, poor breakfast, and rude staff. Some people wrote that it was the worst hotel they ever visited. So, before coming here I warned my friends not to expect much, and I even called the travel agency asking for more info concerning this hotel. In reality I thought it was the worst of the three hotels we were going to visit on our 9 day trip to Europe. The agency told me that they use this hotel frequently and never before had they heard of negative comments.

The hotel is huge and part of it has recently been renovated. It is mostly popular with guests who come here by coach. You will also find many students who stay over the night on a school trip. It can be very noisy when students come, but during our 3 night stay, luckily we had no trouble at all. Noise was mostly in the afternoon. Animals are allowed in the hotel, so I went to check if there is a separate place for these animals when they are accepted but the reception people told me that this does not happen often but when it does, these animals stay in the rooms with their owners. (This I did not like at all to be honest.)

Smoking is allowed in the lounge area next to the bar, but luckily not in the rooms. The area on the ground floor has the smell of cigarette all over.

We had our room upgraded to a suite when we got there and we were given room # 606. The suite was huge but with nothing stylish or fancy. The bathroom was big with a bath tub. We had different toiletries of the Aqua Line branch. We had clean bright white towels that were changed daily. The coffee facilities in our room were appreciated even if I always carry along my own small kettle, but I noticed the very last day we did not have any toiletries nor coffee or milk added.

Our bed was really huge, -hard just like we wanted it, and there was so much space (for kids to play with a ball) in the two very spacious rooms plus the small entrance hall. There was a small brown stain somewhere on the carpet, but this does not mean that the hotel is dirty. On the contrary I found it very clean.

Breakfast was more than adequate, with a variety of cheese, porridge, croissant, ham, salami, yoghurt, fruit, and juice. (Don’t expect to find fresh orange juice here though.) As we were on H/B basis we had buffet all three nights. A big glass of beer at the bar costs 2.5 euro but they accept only local money. You can change your money at the reception desk. I found the people at the bar restaurant extremely rude. The elderly lady at the bar is very arrogant and the boy at the coffee bar opposite the souvenir shop does not speak much English.

The very last evening an incident made me ask to see the kitchen manager when many people in our group asked me to check the cucumber dish. I noticed that cucumbers were molten and I am not exaggerating. Luckily the people in the kitchen must have noticed it. Cucumbers were soft dark and creamy on the bottom of the huge bowl. The people at the restaurant had added freshly cut cucumbers to molten ones of previous days! I added an (s) and used bold letters to stress this. If those cucumbers were cut the previous day it would have been in a much better condition. The worst of all is that I had no battery in the camera to take a picture of the bowl. I asked to see the kitchen manager who with very rude manners refused that this happened and he seemed angry even though I was very polite and talked silently because I did not want to make a fuss. Of course I could not prove any evidence since he had already changed the bowl with a new one with all fresh cucumbers but I was surprised of the way he reacted.

Buffet was satisfying and if it was not for that salad dish which I referred above I could give it an 80 mark out of a 100. That incident spoiled the whole picture of our last night and stay. We were lucky we had not seen this happen the first day of our stay.

Some of the rooms on the ground and first floors can be really noisy especially those overlooking the parking lot (full of buses) mostly. Coaches come even late at midnight and it can be too noisy depending on the people and age.

Wireless Internet access is free and mostly young people gather at the bar area or at the side of the reception on the ground floor to work on their laptops. There is a nice quiet garden at the back of the bar restaurant with grass and a fountain with round tables and some chairs for people to sit on hot sunny days or warm afternoons.

There are no shops around, and it is far from the city centre. I highly recommend it for big groups coming here by coach. I would not mind staying here again if I ever visit Prague but again I would choose to stay at a suite. In all, the stay was good if it had not been for the rude manners of the people I mentioned above, and I mean really rude. These people should not work here because they destroy the whole picture of the hotel. As for rooms, in all, I guess it all depends on the room you are given because some of the wings are much better than others. There are rooms with no mini bars in, or are very noisy. The impression of the whole group of 42 people was satisfying for the money we paid.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel, Photography, Road Trip
  • Written September 3, 2011

The Albion Hotel premises

• karinliskova profile photo karinliskova
  • Reviews: 1

Hotel At the Green Grape: Sweet stay in prague

This hotel is so quiet and romantic for me and my husband. It was best experience, that i have
from all accomodation i had before in Prague for acceptable prices! Receptionists and service was so kindnes and helpful.
Room is beatiful and we had a great mood from this apartment , we felt like at home.
I can recomend this hotel to everyone whos looking for some lone romantic place to stay in Prague, and city center is not so far at all :)

Parental hotel about 10 minutes from Green Grape under Charles bridge.
We get a discounts for lunch/dinner and free wine. :)

• Related to: Architecture, Historical Travel, Wine Tasting
  • Written August 23, 2011

• TheAndos profile photo TheAndos
  • Reviews: 93

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Arcadia Old Town: Why stay anywhere else?

These beautiful apartments are in a traditional building a stone's throw south of the Old Town Square, but are so quiet. Kitchens are fully equiped if you want to self cater. We were lucky enough to get the huge penthouse, king sized bed, plasma TV, huge bathroom with shower, bath and under floor heating, big kitchen/dining area. Lounge area. Serviced every day, breakfast in cafe downstairs. And great assistance from the manager Pasquale, an Italian who went travelling and got to Prague. Whilst the Czech service can be rather dour, it was refreshing to have his helpful advice and friendly attention. We left as old friends. And say dobry den to the housekeeper, Maria!

Personal service. Quiet. Beautiful apartments.

• Related to: Castles and Palaces, Music, Historical Travel
  • Written June 26, 2011
Tip Photo

• aktravlr profile photo aktravlr
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ave Booking Service/Hotel(s)Aida&Denisa: $US25 for Prague Hotel single WITH bath

Just did a quick overnite FEB2011 stay in Prague, enroute friends/family visit in Moravia, CZ.
Booked 3 hrs ahead on internet for previously-stayed-at Hotel Aida Prague Zone 8, 5 REDmetro stops away from Hlavni Nadrazi/main Prague train station.

On arrival @2000, sign reading "reception closes at 1900," but with an adjacent "reception" buzzer to press, no problem, I thought. Lady answering my reception buzz, was surprised when I told her of my confirmed internet booking, with confirmation #, as she told me Aida had no available rooms; but after further discussion, she told me to sit tight and wait for a FREE taxi she was sending to pick me up and deliver me to her location, the Hotel Denisa, Prague Zone6, near the last stop of the GREENmetro line, toward Prague's Ruzyne airport.

Having watched Prague change in the last 18 years of my annual travels to CZ, the idea of a hotel company with QUALITY rooms(ie clean, modern, TV, refrigerator, ensuite bath, etc) owniing up to their mistake and acting immediately to correct same, used to be unheard of in post-Communist eastern Europe, and is still a RARE happening. BTW, cooked breakfast is part of the deal.

The Ave Booking/Mgt company for these 2 very affordably-priced properties, also has another 1/2 dozen PRIME heart-of-downtown Prague hotels, at slightly higher, but LOW, for Prague, prices in the $US 35-80 range.

See above, including COOKED breakfast, "eat only on-premises" sign posted.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Seniors, Women's Travel
  • Written February 21, 2011

• LeeRobertAdams profile photo LeeRobertAdams
  • Reviews: 67

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Jizera Apartments: Your Very Own Apartment on Wenceslas Square...

When our friends announced they had booked us into an apartment on Wenceslas Square for about fifty quid for four of us, my immediate reaction was "What's the catch?"

Admittedly, they had found the Jizera apartments on laterooms.com for about half price, but even at full price, it would be fantastic value for money given the location.

You simply can't get anymore central than Wenceslas Square, and these apartments are fully furnished and equipped, and are actually smarter than my place in Brno.

If you don't mind looking after yourself in an apartment, it will be very hard to find a superior place to this in such a location.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written January 16, 2011

• duckpond profile photo duckpond
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Prague Apartment Zelezna Residence 3: AWESOME APARTMENT IN PRAGUE !

Absolutely wonderful 3-story apartment above a souvenier shop in Old Town, just steps from the famous clock. The owner, Frank, met us at the apartment with his little girl. He gave us a City map & marked subway entrances, shopping districts, Christmas Market areas, etc. on the map for us. He was very nice and very helpful. The apartment is centrally located with the Christmas Markets practically outside the door. Lots of restaurants on the square, shopping close by. We walked from morning to night all over Prague in the fresh deep snow. It was like a Christmas card there. We walked to the bridge from the apartment & ended up walking in the Christmas parade with those dressed as devils, angels, St. Nicholas, etc. (first weekend in December festivities) We are from the United States. We would recommend this apartment and we would definitely stay here again.

Perfect location for us as we visited Christmas Markets in Dresden, then arrived in Prague by train to visit the Christmas markets there. Nice apartment, spiral staircases, living room with nice TV that had a few English speaking channels, nice bathroom with tub, kitchen with dishes, fridge, etc. Down-fillled duvets on the bed! (We LOVED that.) The apartment and area of Prague it was located in met all of our expectations (from web site photos & descriptions) and MORE! (Just listen to the owner's instructions & don't lock yourself in the hallways between the doors.)

• Related to: Trains, Arts and Culture, Historical Travel