Prague Hotels

• northeast80 profile photo northeast80
  • Reviews: 224

The Magic Hostel Elf

I stayed at the Elf hostel Feb 2008;

There was building work going on (though that was 2008 so it must be finished by now) and people can smoke in the common areas, it's definately cheap. They have single and double rooms available.
The free breakfast is a little random, could be a doughnut one morning, cerial the next and a sandwich roll the next. But there's free tea and coffee all day, kitchenette areas where you can cook for yourself, very cheep beer from their reception fridge, free internet. I had a great time there.
Clean rooms with wooden bunk beds and lockers in the rooms, you need your own padlock.
It is a walk to the centre area but easily done.

In the low season you get the 5th night free
Free breakfast
Free tea & coffee all day
Free internet
24 hour reception
Great out door seating area which I'd have used if it wasn't February!

• Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written July 20, 2010

• micas_pt profile photo micas_pt
  • Reviews: 1207

Rokoko Hotel: Rokoko Hotel

In June 2009 I visited Prague and stayed at the Rokoko Hotel in Wenceslas Square. It is not exactly Stare Mesto but is very near, even walking. Also, there are a lot of people around at night we always felt safe. Not only it is near the Historic Centre, but also has a metro station about 2 minutes from hotel.

The site is http://www.hotel-rokoko.info and we enjoyed our stay there; breakfast is not top notch, but is ok. We found our room always clean and it was comfortable.

• Written June 22, 2010

• June.b profile photo June.b
  • Reviews: 1360

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

My Hotel Appollon: Surprise surprise!

OK I got lost the first time but it's not hard to navigate after awhile.

At EUR35/night with a good breakfast - this is the best hotel I've stayed at in my europe trip.

Great room design, sort of ikea meets Daryl Savage. Huge room, 2 single beds joined together (what's with europe and joined single beds?). Spanking bathroom with tub! in black and white design too, with hairblower, and nice fixtures. Everything seems new or just taken cared of. The wall is painted in white with black-design laminates (tell me what do you call those designs? and where can I buy those?). Furnishings are really nice and neat, so comfortable bed, large soft pillows, huggy comforters, sleepy white beds, everything is in black & white. There's a balcony overlooking a big courtyard shared by other buildings around it, where I hang my wet clothes. Flat panel TV on the wall, heater during cold months.

The electronic card key is also your key to get in the main entrance. The reception staff (Natasha and the other one I forgot the name) are so helpful, well at first they seem to be a bit snobbish, but when you start to converse and be nice (too), they will be very helpful to you. They even write the names of the tram station where I want to go cuz it's hard to pronounce really.

Breakfast is good and the breakfast room is likewise in artsy design. The breakfast lady staff though seems to need to be coached on how to smile - don't get me wrong, she's not rude either.

Location is a bit out of the center but tram station (Vapenka) is 2 minutes from the hotel and you can reach all the sights and the centrum in 10 to 15 minutes. Neighborhood is safe and there are stores and restaurants nearby, pizza shop is stone-throw away from the hotel.

TIP: hard to connect to the internet inside the room but the trick is - bring your laptop at the lobby or just the first flight of stairs and try to connect the WIFI from there and when you're already connected, go back to your room, the connection will disconnect once you turn off your laptop.

Would I recommend this hotel.. seriously...NO! I would just love to keep it to myself - selfish am I?

Enjoyed my stay in Prague...Love this place!

Nice and neat black&white design, comfortable bed, huge room, nice breakfast, clean bathroom, friendly staff.

• Related to: Backpacking, Castles and Palaces, Budget Travel
  • Written June 17, 2010

• Roadquill profile photo Roadquill
  • Reviews: 1302

Hotel Roma: Great Service and a nice place

The Hotel Roma is a very nice hotel that was built recently from the remains of (what I was told) of an old, run down building. There is a large, comfortable reception area, with two computers available for free. The staff are very helpful. The breakfast was complete with pretty much anything one would want. There was an automated espresso machine where it took a few tries to get it right. I would have preferred and hand pulled espresso. My room was large, but there were only two small windows looking over some rooftops.

The 2 foot shark swimming around in the aquarium by the reception desk was a nice touch.

• Related to: Road Trip, Photography, Beer Tasting
  • Written June 5, 2010
Tip Photo

Bar and part of the reception area

• WardrobeMK profile photo WardrobeMK
  • Reviews: 66

Hoel Tchaikovsky: Great little hotel in Prague 2 / NovĂ© Město

We stayed in this little gem in Prague 2 for three nights in November 2009.

There are only 19 rooms so the service is very attentive. Staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and big (see photos), lovely beds and pillows/duvets, bathrooms the big as well (no shower curtain which was a bit strange), although the actual bath was tiny, I'm 5"7 and I couldn't sit in it properly. But the water was HOT!

There is tons of storage space in the rooms, 2 massive wardrobes and two chest of drawers. TV with German and Czech channels and CNN. We had a triple room (a single bed and a double) so we also had a table and chairs and two arm chairs.

The room was toasty warm, the radiators have thermostats to control it.

Breakfast was also nice. Plenty of different breads to choose from, coffee/cappuccino/espresso machine, teas, juices, cereal, yogurt, fruit, cold meats and cheese, salady bits.

There is free Wi-fi in the breakfast room.

It's about a five minute walk from the nearest metro station I.P Pavlova, on the red line C. Various trams (22, 16, 10, 6 and 4) run along the main street Jecna.

Take the left exit out of the metro station, straight on, across the main street, take Katerinska to the left, another 3 minutes and the hotel is your your right at the second junction.

• Written November 29, 2009

View from the door of our room 101

• headaball profile photo headaball
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cortina Hostel: Prague's worse hostel

Myself and my girlfriend needed a place to stay for one night in Prague.She found the Cortina hostel and judging by the pictures on their site we decided to book our night there as it looked good enough.Their directions on their site to get to the hostel was straight forward.We found out later the directions were not complete due reconstruction on the tram line therefore instead of one tram to the hostel we had to transfer with the bus too.They failed to mention this on their site.When we eventually got to the hostel we found out to our dismay that what they advertise on their site in the way of pictures of the rooms was a complete lie.The rooms where right out of the gulag.You wouldn't put a horse in the room never mind human beings.For the beds they must've removed 2 doors somewhere else in the Stazi styled hostel and called them beds. We were under the impression we were getting a private room with bathroom but we were told that those "BETTER ROOMS" were occupied by a larger group even though we booked such a room. We were told we were notified of such change thru email which we weren't. The t.v didn't work and there was no soap in the bathroom or towels. No even thank you and goodbye on leaving. Complete dump. Avoid like the plague.

The door to exit the place.

• Related to: Backpacking, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written May 27, 2009

• diageva profile photo diageva
  • Reviews: 547

Pension Golden Horse: A place to stay - a apartment

We did arrive late to Prague. It was a very busy weekend. We did asked some hotels as we were walking through the city.. but all was full. We did find a Tourist Information Center and there we did ask for a place to stay.
They give us an apartment. 50 Euros per night. They told us it was only 10 minutes away from there, and that was the very center. We did pay there a 20% for the reservation, and go to look for the place.
We did had the car there... and it was very difficult to find the place with the map. I think it will be the last time I do this. We did find the place the owner told us that our apartment was in another place... in total the place was about 30-40 minutes from the center walking... it was not bad but it was not what they told us in the tourist information center.
The apartment was out the tourists streets, it was APARTMENT 2. Was very quiet and big, but the beds where really uncomfortable... but all in all I did though it was a good place to stay... no other people and very clean.
If you get the apartment that is really in the center APARTMENT 1...its just in a wonderful place for visiting everything walking
We did realize the last day that it was a wonderful tram going to few meters from the apartment...
The owner was friendlig...
The problem when you go to a new place... when you don't know anything about it... its difficult to decide which place will be ok for staying... now that I have been there I will look next time walking where to stay, because there were thousands of apartments and hotels everywhere

• Written May 27, 2009

• nelinka profile photo nelinka
  • Reviews: 33

Koleje = student hostels: A tip for backpackers

This is a very cheap solution. There are many student dorms / hostels offering very convenient accomodation in single or double rooms, some even offer appartements. Many of them are restored and refurbished. Though many have shared bathrooms, they usually offer a bit more expensive rooms with own sanitary facilities.
The prices start at around 400 Czech crowns (cca 16 EUR) per night in a single room, 600 CZK for a double room. A room with own shower costs around 660 - 1000 CZK (25 - 38 EUR).

Good webpage is www.kam.cuni.cz , if you scroll down, you'll find a limited English version. If there's anyone to help you with Czech language just scroll to the bottom down and click on " kontaktni formular" highlighted in red, and you'll find an enquiry form, which you can use to book directly. It's very easy and you pay after at check-in. Otherwise call the central booking contact phone number provided further below.
If you're looking for this type of a cheap accomodation in a special location in Prague, click on the link below to find very helpful instructions also in English on how to get to a chosen hostel by public transport from the airport or main train stations:

Very cheap accomodation, suitable for young travellers, school groups, backpackers. Dorms are around all Prague, many of them very close to the centre.

• Related to: School Holidays, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written January 31, 2009

• laash profile photo laash
  • Reviews: 6

Apartment: Apartment Living in Prague

I don't recall the exact name of the place we stayed in Prague (one of the Aparthotels I think...), but it was one of the apartment deals. Basically, we got a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment to ourselves for a few nights at a cost that ended up being cheaper than going to a hostel. I have no complaints about it whatsoever. We got free pick up from the airport to take us to the apartment (and for a fee they will bring you back). The apartment had pretty much everything we needed, including a fridge, hot plate, tv, travel books, comfortable beds and privacy. I recommend taking this route to anyone traveling to Prague. It's definitely a unique experience and a lot more comforting if you've seen/heard about the movie "Hostel."

The location of our aparthotel was a short minutes walk from everywhere, and the whole set-up and idea itself deserves some credit as well.

• Related to: School Holidays, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written October 14, 2008
Tip Photo

Around the corner from our apartment

• pbosakov profile photo pbosakov
  • Reviews: 2

Hostel Podoli: Hostel Podoli

I just came back from Prague, and I stayed at hostel Podoli. It's actually a dorm for Czech students, but they also give rooms to tourists. Overall, considering the prices, I found it very satisfactory. Here's my short review that may help you decide.

Location: it's in a nice and quiet residential zone. It's not in the city centre, but with the metro you can get there in 10 minutes or so. There are also trams that run all night, so you don't need to worry when staying out late at night.

Rooms: there are different types of single, double, and triple rooms available at different prices. Renovated rooms are a bit more expensive, but I guess they're much more comfortable. We stayed at the cheapest ones, which haven't changed much since the 70s - so they look, feel and smell like communism :) if you've seen a student dorm in Eastern Europe, you'll know what I mean. But it's not as bad as it sounds, it just looks a bit old and basic.

Facilities: Everything was clean. Toilets and showers are shared, and I think they are unisex. Someone had scratched "damy" (ladies) on the door leading to one of the showers, but I don't think they were serious. Toilet paper was missing sometimes.

Staff: As I told you, providing accommodation to tourists is not their main job, so don't expect much from them. They give you a room with clean sheets, and that's it. Some speak English, some don't. The girl at the reception was nice and polite, though.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 15, 2008

• Kakapo2 profile photo Kakapo2
  • Reviews: 1858

Albatross and other Botels: Sleep on the Water

Good and cheap accommodation in Prague are the botels, they are boats on the river, next to all attractions.

I stayed at the Botel Albatross once, other ones are the Vodnik and Admiral.

You should not stay in a botel if you get dizzy easily. When you look out of the window and right onto the water it can happen that you feel like in a passing train, the water racing, or you racing LOL But you get used to it.

Botels are also quiet places, thus great for a good nights sleep.

Some links:

For more just google Prague, Praha or Prag + Botel

• Related to: Cruise
  • Written June 27, 2008

• johnjoe55 profile photo johnjoe55
  • Reviews: 28

BUBYT APARTMENTS, 28. pluku 11, Prague, CZ 110 00: BUBYT APARTMENTS

We were very pleased with the standard of this apartment, it was just as it was said to be on the web site http://www.praguerents .com/apartments.php

It is situated in a quiet residential street, not far from the heart of Prague city centre, near Namesti Miru, Flora and Zelivskeho. The metro is just a short bus ride away at Namesti Miru, the bus stop is right outside the apartment.

The staff speaks English, French, German and Russian and are very helpful, the apartment is safe and luxurious, fully equipped with cleaning, washing, ironing and free internet, parking and other services are available.

As a family of 6 we had loads of room and it was very clean, staff are very friendly ready to help you if needed. just happened we knew about what we were doing because we had visited several times, the transport system is brilliant and its very easy to use. Shops, restaurants and parks are beside you. one word to describe the apartment Brilliant.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written March 28, 2008
Tip Photo

• banglatourist profile photo banglatourist
  • Reviews: 4

Emma hostel: Emma / cheap and good hostel

it's nice. good, cheap and clean. internet is free. beautiful receptionists. i am satified with this 280 kc per day hostel.

• Related to: School Holidays, Backpacking
  • Written January 29, 2008
Tip Photo

• swetluska profile photo swetluska
  • Reviews: 276

Atlantik: Accommodation in the centre

We stayed in this hotel during business trip to Prague.
Big advantage is the location in the centre of Prague and its price - around 50 EUR for a room, breakfast in Fiesta restaurant included. Also wifi connection is available. I had the room with windows to the street so in the morning the trams were making noise, but in case you are really tired, you probably won't mind :)
There is also "lobby bar" but we didn't go there because the prices were quite high and they hadn't almost any wine.

• Written January 18, 2008

• Olli1009 profile photo Olli1009
  • Reviews: 1

Hotel Raffaello: A nice hotel in the center of Prague

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for 5 nights around New Year's eve and really enjoyed it.
The room was comfortable, not too large, but pleasant. Clean and nicely decorated. We had a mini bar and safe in the room, the heating worked perfectly.
Breakfast was delicious and we had a wide choice of products.
Staff was helpful and helped us arrange 2 tours outside of Prague.
Location is perfect, 5 minutes walk from Wenceslas square.
We would definitely recommend this hotel!

Quiet, great location, rich breakfast, clean, helpful staff.

• Opinion of Price: N/A