Prague Hotels

Our Members Say

• sue_stone profile photo sue_stone
  • Reviews: 2318

Apartment in the Old Town: Apartment in the Old Town

We really wanted to stay in the Old Town area on our trip to Prague. I love to be in walking distance of the main sites and restaurants. But when I started researching accommodation I found that any of the hotels in the Old Town were either fully booked, or not very nice and too expensive for what you got.

So the next option was to rent a self contained apartment and I came across a UK based company with a selection of very reasonable priced options in the Old Town. We decided on one just a few minutes walk from the Old Town Square, close to Namesti Republiky.

Located on the 5th floor (with no elevator) the studio apartment was a loft style, with a couple of different levels. It was quite a unique space and there was plenty of room for us….and several of our friends too if we had invited them!

Bedding and towels were provided along with a fully fitted kitchen…not that we made any use of it.

We were met at the apartment late on the night we arrived by a friendly representative of the company we booked through. She ran us through the facilities handed over the key and then we were on our own. When we finished our holiday all that we had to do was sign the visitors book and leave the key in the letterbox on the way out.

We were really happy with the apartment. It was the perfect base for our time in Prague. The only negative would be that it was quite a climb to the 5th floor….so make sure you have minimal luggage.

And it you went up to the top of the loft and looked out the window you could even see the Castle!

If you are looking at the website, we stayed in Apartment 46

• Related to: Architecture, Family Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written December 30, 2005

View from the apartment

• Zvrlj profile photo Zvrlj
  • Reviews: 449

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostel Orlik: Very Good Budget Travel Accommodation (I&V)

Hostel Orlik offers quite decent accommodation for pretty low price. It is five floors building, of not so attractive exterior, but it was recently renovated, it is very tidy and rooms have its own private bathroom with shower and toilet.

It has very good connection to all parts of Prague as it is just 3 minutes walk far from Metro station Dejvicka.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written August 16, 2006

Hostel Orlik

• rexvaughan profile photo rexvaughan
  • Reviews: 1138

Carpe Diem Bed & Breakfast: A home away from home

First impressions, we found, are not always accurate. We arrived at the Carpe Diem B & B about 10:00 p.m. and were a little put off. A big part of the reason was that we were knowingly royally ripped off by the taxi driver who charged us about 6 times what the fare should have been. The street is narrow and was not well lighted and the entrance was in a dark massive stone building. When I rang the bell there was no answer so I rang again. Then a lady’s voice answered and I told her who we were. She apologized for thinking we were not coming due to the late hour but assured me she would dress and come right down (she had evidently gone to bed). Then we faced climbing 5 flights of stairs with our luggage in tow. I told my wife that evening that we could look for another place to stay the next day. However, it turned out to be one of the best accommodations we had on our trip.

Carpe Diem is run by Ms. Marcella Ku’kova and her mother and is a wonderful place. Our room was huge - a double and single bed, a large sofa and coffee table and a crystal chandelier hanging in the middle. We did share a bathroom and toilet but both were spotless. Also, I think they have only 2 rooms so there is not a long wait even if someone is occupying one of them.

Ms. Ku’kova’s mother speaks only German but did the cooking each morning for our breakfast. What a treat! We had scrambled eggs with bits of ham in them, sides of cheese and ham, fried eggs with sausages, pancakes with marmalade folded in, wonderful breads. They were all freshly prepared and accompanied by slices of tomatoes and cucumbers which they had grown. Also the apricot and apple marmalade was made by Ms. Ku’kova’s mother who was a delight. And wonderful turkish coffee each morning.
As an added bonus, the price list indicated there were laundry facilities available for about $5. When I inquired she said, just leave it and I will wash and hang it on the balcony. When we returned that evening the clothes were dry and neatly folded on our bed.

Obviously I give Carpe Diem my highest recommendation

• Written November 17, 2005

What a breakfast!

• nhcram profile photo nhcram
  • Reviews: 747

Dum U Tri Houslicek: Cheap and Good

The name stands for The Three Violins.
We got exacty what we were told we would get with this accomodation! Clean basic and newly refurbished rooms.
The accomodation consists of a large bedroom with double and single beds in it as well as table and chairs and plenty of hanging and drawer space. A seperate kitchen. Shower room with sink and seperate toilet. the room is above a good restaurant and in a well lit and popular area of the city.
We were met outside by the ownes wife who is very pleasant and I cannot fault anything about the place.
Our room was directly above the 3 Violins sign.

Good clean and basic

• Written August 1, 2004

Three Violins accomodation

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3199

APARTMENT JAROMIRKA PRAGUE: TWO BEDROOM APARTMENT

When Hans and I were looking for a Hotel to stay in when we visited Prague, we were getting frustrated trying to find something that was economical, in a good location and not dumpy. Carmen (Carmela 71) suggested we stay in an apartment as they did when they went to Prague in February of this year. An apartment?? Really? We're only staying for five nights I said. Carmen sent us the web -site called "Prague Holidays" . We went through it and found what we were looking for ---APARTMENT JAROMIRKA PRAGUE located in Praha 2 and with the tram line right in front of the apartment. "Book it Danno " I told Hans.

It was a two-bedroom apartment in a very nice quiet residential neighbourhood. Close to Vysehrad Castle and 5 minutes by tram to Wenceslas Square or Old Town.
The apartment contained a living room with TV (4 Czech stations - not there to watch TV), Kitchen with Microwave oven, kettle, fridge and all kitchen utilities. Full bathroom with bath & shower. The only drawback was that our apartment was located on the 4th floor and no elevator. I counted every step as I huffed and puffed my way up -- all 88 of them.
Our apartment for five nights was 8525 CZK or $443.30 CDN or 295 Euros.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written August 28, 2005

• hundwalder profile photo hundwalder
  • Reviews: 389

Hotel Cernosice: 2* hotel in suburbs 20 minutes from old town

Hotel Cernosice is located in the suburb of Cernosice, a few kilometers south of Prague. Do not be discouraged by its distance from central Prague. The hotel is located directly across the street from the train station. The hotel's ugly neon sign is highly visible from the train station ( OK, I didn't say the hotel was perfect ). Trains to Radotin and Cernosice depart Hlavni Nadrazi train station hourly ( less frequently after 2300 hours ). The ride takes about 15 minutes, is very cheap and is entertaining if you board a car with the right cast of characters. Cernosice is the next stop after Radotin. Hlavni Nadrazi is a one minute ride from Wenceslas Square ( station Muzeum ) on the Metro.

For the price of a dorm bed in a hostel, you get a clean ( but not spotless ) room with your own bathroom. The facilities are plain but in good repair. ( when touring Europe I don't sit in my hotel room admiring the decor anyway. Do you ? ) 24 hour reception for those who like to party late. Sorry, only Czech and German are spoken at the reception desk. Otherwise resort to your best sign language.

Current 2007 prices. Breakfast included in price ( mit fruhstuck ):
single: 430 koruna
double: 650 koruna
bridal suite: 2100 koruna
Euros accepted if you don't mind the poor exchange rate.

This hotel has own very inexpensive restaurant and pub / bar. The very nice, beautifully decorated, and inexpensive Italian restaurant ( good food and great ambience ) next door is a better dining option.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written September 16, 2004

NOT the Hotel Cernosice

• chrishc profile photo chrishc
  • Reviews: 192

Three Violins guest house: Dum U Tri Houslicek

This apartment was very clean and spacious and was ideal for our needs.

Situated between the Charles bridge and the castle it was handy for walking tours anywhere.

Could sleep up to 4 people

Good views over Prague and great position

• Written October 27, 2004

The Three Violins

• Paul2001 profile photo Paul2001
  • Reviews: 1768

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dum kr?le Jir?ho (King George's House): A Very Fine Hotel/Pension in the Stare Mestro

Although this hotel was a few dollars more than what I wanted to pay for accommodation in Prague, I thought that the Dum kr?le Jir?ho (King George's House) was well worth the cost. The hotel is quite small with just eleven rooms. They are very modern, having been just recently renovated. Supposedly the building itself dates from the 15th century.

The hotel could not be better situated. It is just a five minutes walk from the Charles Bridge and there are many good restaurants and pubs in the vicinity. The staff here was quite friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant here too but nobody seems to eat there. The pub is reasonably popular. The morning breakfast was the best I had in the Czech Republic.

• Written October 12, 2005
Tip Photo

Dum kr?le Jir?ho (King George's House)

• croisbeauty profile photo croisbeauty
  • Reviews: 7392

Hotel Aurus: One of the oldest hotels in Prague

Hotel Aurus (former Dum u Zlatne Studny) is located in the very heart of Stare mesto (The Old Town), very close to Charles Bridge and about five minutes walk from the Staromestske namesti. It is one of the best preserved monuments in Prague, originally dating back to the 16th century.

I did not stay in this hotel, I was attracted by the beauty of its facade during night walk through the Old Town and could only gasped the trigger of my camera. At first glance I did not even noticed that this is an hotel.
Aurus je four-star hotel with the usual facilities, plus free wi-fi. The price for the double room is 92 euros and up.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written September 26, 2013

Hotel Aurus

• mallyak profile photo mallyak
  • Reviews: 735

Hotel Atlantic: Great Hotel

Hotel Atlantic is situated directly in the heart of Prague; just around the corner is the Municipal House and the main Prague shopping Boulevard. You can reach the Old Town by Charles Bridge and other places of interest by foot within several minutes. There is also a subway stop “Namesti Republiky” line “B” just 150 meters from the hotel door. Free internet and excellent break fast makes this the wisest decisions we made and superior to every hotel we stayed in Western europe.

Great Rooms-great Breakfast free-great staff-Great location-Free Internet what more coild one ask for??

• Written September 29, 2010

• ZiOOlek profile photo ZiOOlek
  • Reviews: 953

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pension Augustin: Better than you can imagine!

It a cosy, small pension. Ideal for all kind of travellers. Situated in a quiet region of Prague. You can simply get there by the metro (15 minutes from the city center). Breakfast is included in the price and you won't be hungry untill late afternoon as you will have so many options to choose from that you won't leave the breafast room with an empty stomach.

There is a wine restaurant next house where you can eat delicious dinner.

Hospitality of the owner! The service is just great!

• Written November 12, 2005
Tip Photo

• emoja profile photo emoja
  • Reviews: 66

Tenax Apartments: Cheap and Clean

the Tenax Apartments are located on Jecna, a main street in the nove mesto (new town) area of prague. there is a subway station right on the corner (get off at I.P. Pavlova), and several trams stop along the street.

the walk from the apartments to wenceslas square is only about five minutes. once you hit wenceslas square, all of the historical sights are really close. also, you can find your tours in the square, get on the internet, eat, and shop.

short-term and long-term are welcome. i was only there for three nights.

there are two good places to eat in the area - right next door is a deli with cold and hot food. it's really busy in the morning with people on their way to work stopping in for coffee or a roll. a few doors down is an italian restaurant that stays packed in the evening. there's a to-go window though, and i made much use of that during my stay.

the Tenax Apartments is actually a commercial office building with the top floor dedicated to living space. you share a bathroom with one other apartment's tenants. the toilet and the shower are in separate rooms. no smoking in rooms, but there is a smoking area in the staircase-area, right next to the elevator.

no modern facilities such as internet or satellite tv. there is a small tv in the room but there are no english channels at all.

there is a fridge in the room and some sort of water-heater contraption that i wouldn't dream of using.

the view from my room was outstanding - you can see the castle off in a distance. at night it's very clear, with lots of twinkling lights. absolutely beautiful. the way the floor is set up though, i imagine that some apartments don't have a view.

i saw a day and a night receptionist during my stay. they are there all night, and will buzz you in if you come back during late hours. however, neither of them spoke english. they also do not take credit cards.

prices are super cheap - i paid $20 USD per night a year ago. it was definitely worth it, and i would definitely stay there again.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 30, 2005

One of the rooms.

• RockTadgers profile photo RockTadgers
  • Reviews: 82

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Apartments B-35, Belehradska: Feel like you own the place!

There's no two ways about it - when you first get dropped off outside these apartments, the street looks a bit - well, dodgy.

Once inside, however, you have three great apartments to choose from. The largest has a small kitchen, two double rooms, leather sofas in the lounge, and even two toilets.

Right outside is a tram stop. One tram will drop you off at the top of Wenceslas Square, the other will take you through the centre and all the way across to the other side of the river. There are also a few local pubs, which are light years away from the tourist oriented places in the centre!

What's great about these Belehradska apartments is they look and feel like the kind of place you might want to rent if you lived in the city.

They have parquet flooring, central heating, huge windows, high ceilings and double doors. You can live in a cool apartment for not very much at all. Superb.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Beer Tasting, Architecture
  • Written April 20, 2005

• Krumlovgirl profile photo Krumlovgirl
  • Reviews: 623

Old Prague Hostel

I have stayed at the Old Prague Hostel several times. It has consistently pleased me thus far, and I am becoming increasingly difficult to please when it comes to hostel standards. The hostel is relatively new and looks it. It?s clean, compact, and seems to be well managed. The dorm rooms and private rooms are not ensuite, but the community showers are plentiful. Great water pressure and the hot doesn?t run out. That?s always important in a shower. The hostel is spread out over two floors and both floors have their own common rooms. The one on the bottom floor has the television. Breakfast is provided and consists of sandwiches, cereal, and juice. There is a place to store your luggage, as check-in is 2:00 pm and it is not only locked up and safe but in the view of the reception. The dorm rooms are roomy and the beds comfortable although the duvets are kind of thin. You can adjust the temperature in the rooms though so I never got cold, even though I stayed there in the winter. The doors are padded in order to control noise.

The location is the best thing about the place. It is only a few minutes walk from Old Town Square and is just around the corner from Namesti Republicky. The tram stop is about a three minute walk and a tram there will take you to the main train station. The price is a little stiffer than at some of the other hostels in town, but you really are paying for the location.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written January 29, 2006

common room

• Carmela71 profile photo Carmela71
  • Reviews: 2995

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

APARTMENTS VOJTESSKA: Stay city center without expending a fortune?

Budget was in mind while looking in Prague, after reading so much about bad experiences with taxis, we wanted to stay as center as possible. As we were 3 or 4 originally we began to look for apartments, finding some for 60 euros per night for 4 people! Ok we did not get that one, but 80 euros was a great one for a really good size apartment.

Each room was around 30 meters, kitchen and bathroom were not so big but enough for us. Well you know girls spend many hours there getting ready LOL, so there was fighting all the time, but we managed hehehehe. And a entrance & lounge. It was an old apartment of high ceilings. The furniture was all from Ikea, but even if they give you towels, take yours as Ikea towels do not dry at all!!!

They also offered transfer from airport, as our flights were very late and very early, for 10 euros each (40 for 4 people return), we took it (I am sure you can get it cheaper, but it was comfortable for us!).

• Written February 28, 2005