Marriott Hotel Prague

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• shmi's Profile Photo

Prague's Best Location

My wife and I stayed at Marriott Prague. The hotel service was great. The Marriott in general should learn from their European Experience (we stayed at Marriott Budapest and Vienna) and improve customer service in the US where human touch is lacking.

• benzitex's Profile Photo

Top of tyhe line Prague hotel

The hotel is a five star American style hotel with all the amenities you would find at a five star stateside hotel. The rooms are luxuoriously furnished and well maintained. The hotel has a good security mechanism where it allows access to floors from the elevators via guest room cards. Well maintained overall, and conveniently located between the main train station and Old Town just off Republic Square.

Unique Quality: 1. Great beds, everything in the room is top of the line.
    2. Fantastic breakfasts - eggs made to order - and served UNTIL 11:00AM. WOW!
    3. Staff is pleasant but not always knowledgeable
    4. Pool and lockers are clean, however, the pool is small and water is very cold
    (by American standards)

Directions: Near Republic Square

• Good location

The location of this hotel I think is unbeatable if you want to stay in Stare Mesto. It was just a 3-4 minute walk from Namesti Republiky and the Astronomical Clock, and along the way there are endless restaurants to choose from and souvenir shops to peruse through. The room was a nice and big size, very clean and cozy, not stark like I expected from Prague. The bathroom was a nice size too. There was a separate seating area with two large armchairs in front of a bay window, which overlooked V Celnici, and I could see down toward the Old Tyn Church.

Unique Quality: I was here in December and the hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas, which made me quite happy and got me even more in the Christmas spirit. Also the lobby bar was fantastic -- reasonably priced, a nice atmosphere and the staff was incredibly friendly. The concierge located in the lobby was extraordinarily helpful with everything we asked of her. My only complaint was that I reserved a room with a king-sized bed and was given a room with 2-doubles -- I could have gone back down to the lobby to complain, but by that time I was so tired, I didn't feel like picking my stuff up and going back downstairs, so I just stayed in that room.

Directions: Stare Mesto, a block from the Namesti Republicky subway stop

• guilopez's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel but you can not enjoy Prague here

It was a good hotel and possible the rooms are average, but the room service is not the best in Europe. I changed accomodation after 3 days and moved for some weeks to Castle Steps apartments. I rented my own apartment and I spent my best time there writing a book, walking around the old part of Prague, and often walking on the Charles Bridge and "petite" streets of the city. By the way, you shall not forget visiting the opera House. There is a local company organizing your evening including tickets to the Opera, a Driver and a great dinner.

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Marriott, my second home away from home

The Marriott Prague is a 10' walk from Old Town Square so the location is pretty good. However, it is adjacent to Nam Republiky station which makes the neighborhood not that picturesque.

The hotel itself is top-class with all the usual Marriott facilities and amenities. It is rated category 6 (within Marriott's scale up to 7) but I would rate it a 5. Prices at the bar and restaurant are too high.

Still, it made our stay very comfortable and overall service was excellent.

The Renassaince (owned by Marriott) is across the street.

Unique Quality: The gym is outstanding.

• stevieUK's Profile Photo

Great Gym

Stayed here for a week.
    Staff really helpful - pointing out best places to go running on maps, best places to by various items, getting tickets for events or telling us where tickets could be purchased is straightforward and just generally very helpful and friendly.
    Food was excellent. Very pricey for Prague (beers in the bar were three times as much as in the cafe outside).
    Rooms good - much like most decent business hotels.
    The Gym was fantastic. Massive, all the kit you could want including aerobic stuff and free weights. No queueing for anything. Keen, interested staff who new what they were talking about. There was also two aerobic rooms for fitness classes and a decent pool/jacuzzi/sauna. Been to a number of Marriots and never seen anything close to this in size or quality.

Unique Quality: The gym.
    The helpfulness of the staff.
    The gym.
    The gym.
    and err ... the gym.

Directions: Pretty central. Near Old Town Square.

• abchurch00's Profile Photo

Can't beat a Marriott

We stayed in the Marriott just a few streets away from the Powder Gate and the beautiful building where the symphony is held. I liked our location because we weren't directly in the hustle and bustle but close enough we could walk everywhere we wanted to go.

Directions: Just outside the Powder gate

More about Marriott Hotel Prague

The Prague Marriott - great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MIAChels

I stayed in the Prague Marriott for 3 nights in late November, 2005, accompanied by my husband and 2 children. We had toured Italy for 1 week, and wrapped up our vacation in Prague. The Marriott was a welcome haven for a little relaxation during the times we were not sightseeing.

As you approach the hotel, the area seems extremely business-oriented and lacking in charm. However, from we stepped out of the taxi, we felt welcome at this hotel. The doormen were charming, especially with my children. Check-in was very smooth and efficient.

I had reservered a standard room with 2 double beds. The size of the room was quite comfortable, even with the 2 beds. The room felt very modern. The furniture, carpets, and linens were clean and in excellent condition and the room had the standard amenities. The satellite channels were limited for English speakers, but there were a number of pay movies available. (Who goes to Prague just to watch TV?!) The bathroom was not large or luxuriously-appointed with marble and the like; however, it was modern and extremely clean. There was no "dingy" or "grubby" feeling to the room.

The mini-bar was well-appointed. We had room service twice, and while the choices were not gourmet, they were more than adequate and fairly tasty. The room service menu also had a good number of choices on the children's menu. Our package also included a buffet breakfast. The choices were standard (eggs, omelette station, pancakes, bacon, breads, pastries, fruits, and cereals). While nothing special, the choices were well-prepared, and none of my family had any problems finding selections we enjoyed. One note - my daughters ordered hot chocolate, and it was beautifully presented in glass goblets with whip cream. The girls loved that particular touch.

The concierge was helpful in organizing tours. One of the tour companies pick-up stop was less than a 2 minute walk up the street from the hotel, which was very convenient if you did not organize with a company that had hotel pick-up services. Also, I had ordered ballet tickets in advance of my stay, and the concierge had them on hand when I approached the desk regarding tours. I did not even have to ask for the tickets. They also arranged for car service to the National Theatre for the ballet, and had a Marriott car waiting for us when we came out of the theatre - very convenient and reasonably priced. We were able to charge this service to our room, along with a car back to the airport.

The hotel location was excellent. 5 minute walk to the old town (3 minutes past the tour group pick-up stop). A number of tours end in the old town, and you must make your way back to your hotel from there. Therefore, the Marriott's location is even more convenient if you are one who likes to tour versus doing it on your own.

Prague city center is so small, however, that you do not need to take a lot of tours. We walked from the Marriott all over the old town, and to the Charles Bridge. However, with the kids, tours were much more convenient for us, and a blend of self-tours and guided tours struck the right balance.

In sum, if you are looking for a hotel ripe with Czech charm, this is not the hotel for you. However, if you are looking for modern comfort, then consider the Marriott. While not opulent or luxurious, it has more than enough amenities to allow you to relax at the end of a day of sightseeing. I am a picky traveller, and I would stay here again.

Nice sta and good location

by TripAdvisor Member imwmn913

We stayed at the Prague Marriott November 5-11, 2005.
Looking at hotel on outside it is not impressive, however, once you enter the lobby that impression easily goes away. We were using Marriott Reward points for our stay and probably because of my husbands' elite status we were upgraded to a junior suite (separate living area, bedroom, 1 1/2 baths.)
Obviously, this was an added plus to our stay! We found that the location was very convenient to Old Town (just a 5 minute walk from the Powder Gate leading to Old Town). The front desk staff, concierge, food service staff - all were very polite and helpful with sightseeing suggestions. Since we had access to the Club level lounge we were very pleased to find it open on the weekends (so unlike those here in the US). The rooms - both private and public were very clean and maintained. We did eat in the restaurant twice -lunch our first day of arrival and then dinner later on in the stay - the food was good, not outstanding, but good. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Prague Marriott

by pjnstuie

My husband has Marriott travel pts and we are planning a trip to Prague and Vienna----any feedback on the Marriot in both cities?

PJ

by leics

Lots of reviews here:

and here:

Haven't stayed in the Prague Marriott, but it's location is quite conveninent, although not as near to the Old Town as its website would have you believe. 'Steps' from the Old Town 'border', perhaps, but not from the Old town Square....it's still easy walking distance though, perhaps 10 minutes (depending on walking speed and road-crossing time). The hotel is near the Namesti Republicky Metro station and also near the main railway station (Hlavni Nadrazi).

by Manara

The Marriott in Vienna is very well situated. I did not stay in it, but I stayed at the Radisson which is next door.
It is on the Ring, the ring of avenues that encircle the old town. You have tram stops in the avenue almost in front of the hotel entrance. On one side of the hotel there is a street that goes directly to the Cathedral, it is jus a few minutes' walk, and there are also interesting sights and a couple of excellent restaurants on that same street.
Across the avenue there is a park where the monument to johann Strauss is situated.

by pjnstuie

Thanks--yes I agree the hotel's idea of "within walking distance" can really vary,but the location is favorable and we love to walk!

by leics

No problem with the Budapest hotel then....don't know the Vienna one. Enjoy! :-)

Comments