Melounova 3, Prague, Bohemia, 12000, Czech Republic

See Amenities
GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Easy to recommend

by written on August 3, 2011

I stayed at Miss Sophie's for 4 nights in October 2010. Reservations were done through Expedia, where i got an outstanding rate since i was booking several months in advance. I would say that this is an excellent value for the money.

Getting there: good directions on the website. I arrived in Prague at the main train station. Hotel was one stop away on the metro (IP Pavlova). Down the street, around the corner and you're there, no problem to find.

Hotel staff was very nice. When i arrived my room was not yet ready, so i was asked to put my luggage in the lockers downstairs. Front desk staff spoke great english and were happy to help with any questions/concerns. Their recommendations for restaurants were all very good.

The room was lovely. Clean, uncluttered and modern. I stayed in a twin room the first night, which i found a bit cramped. The double room for the remainder of my stay was beautiful. It faced the street but there was no real noise that i noticed. The bed was nice and comfortable and i slept very well during my stay. Adequate supply of electrical inputs though a bit lacking in storage. I would have liked more of a closet.

I was a bit annoyed by the light sensor in the bathroom which didn't turn on or turned off at inopportune times. Bathroom was a bit modern, lots of warm water and the expensive showerhead. There was no little ledge to keep the water from getting all over the bathroom floor, but this was a design choice that in reality was not a problem at all.

During my stay breakfast was not included. The Mexican restaurant across the street serves a great breakfast at a reasonable price and there are plenty of places to eat within easy walking distance. My understanding is that since my stay the hotel now does serve breakfast.

Overall a very pleasant stay. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Unique Quality: This hotel markets itself as a boutique hostel. It may be considered a hostel, but It was really more of a hotel, people seemed to be older and kept more to themselves. During my stay there was almost no activity downstairs in the common room, for example.

The website shows you some very pretty pictures which are true to the real appearance. The design of Miss Sophies was well thought out and very appealing. Room furniture was a bit on the minimalist/modern side but very comfortable and clean/uncluttered.

The location is in a nice quiet neighborhood in the new town. It is probably about a 20 minute walk to the old town area. I did it a few times but used the Metro plenty. Still, there are plenty of places to eat at all budget levels nearby. There were laundry facilities (about 10 minutes walk away and small grocery stores nearby. Walking at night was no problem at all, I felt totally comfortable walking at any time of day or night.

Directions: walking distance from IP Pavlova Metro. One metro stop away from the train station.

Nice quiet neighborhood about 20 minute walk from old town, close to Wenceslas Square. Good supply of places to eat nearby, relatively small number of bars/discos etc.

travel_4_fun's Profile Photo

Definitely Highly Recommended

by written on May 23, 2009

We booked this place at the last minute based on Lonely Planet's recommendation. And we did not regret that decision! The place is in a central location - quite near to trams and places of interest. And our apartment is fabulous - great design, spacious and clean. The staff is very helpful and gave us a lot of recommendation. And on top of everything, there's free internet.

This is definitely highly recommended.

Unique Quality: There's a common area for visitors with kitchen. You can hang out here and listen to music, watch video or read.

Nice hostel

by written on February 27, 2008

I only stayed one night here and I can say I had a good experience. I shared room with 3 other people. Hostel is quiet and in relatively good location - not quite in center but still walking distance. My bed costed me CZK440.

Unique Quality: Rooms are clean and modern, staff is very friendly and helpful.

monkeytrousers's Profile Photo

by written on July 17, 2007

I spent my time in Prague at Miss Sophie's hostel. It was easily the most luxurius place I stayed during my time travelling and it was no more expensive than any other place.

The beds were incredibly comfy and there is a large lockable (you need to take a pad-lock) draw to put your belongings in. The bathrooms were the sort of quality and look you expect to find in an upper class hotel. There was also a small kitchen and lounge and free internet access. It was probably the most socialable hostel I stayed at.

The only real problems that I had with the place was that there were often ques for the shower in the morning and that the kitchen wasnt really big enough for that size hostel - only 2 hotplates.

giloc2006's Profile Photo

Nice Hostel not far from Prague

by written on October 23, 2006

Miss Sophie's:Nice hostel.cleaness ok.2 computer with free internet.5 people dormitory and 1 bathroom outside.16 euros per day.Sheets provided, no towels.5 minutes walking from Pavlova Stop Underground and 20 minutes walking from the Center(Museum).

iriedence's Profile Photo

Cleanest Budget Hotel Around

by written on January 11, 2006

Miss Sophies was a fantastic place to stay and I have only one complaint about the place. I wish it had a bar or some form of entertainment. It does have a nice lounge cellar that is beautiful with a nice kitchen, but it would be nice if it had a bar or music or some form of entertainment for when you are not going out to the city. Taking that into consideration everything else about the hostel was exceptional, from the showers to the rooms to the staff. Everyone was so nice and helpful and always had a smile on their face. The staff seems to composed of travellers who are working their way through different destinations, but also have locals. I would reccomend this place to anyone willing to sacrifice the luxuries of a nice hotel for some cheap accomodations that are not too far from the city center. It took us about 15 minutes to walk to Old Town Square and only about 7-10 minutes to get to Wensesclas Square. The walk is enjoyable as you get to see the sight versus driving by them.

Unique Quality: The staff are exceptional, the showers belong in a museum, and the rooms should be set as examples of how to be clean. There is a great place directly across from Miss Sophies that I reccomend highly. It is called Banditos, and it is a Mexican food joint, that is open early for breakfast, and late for drinks. The staff there is just as great and the drinks and food as well.

Directions: From I.P. Pavlova
Take the first left exit up the stairs...Go straight to the pedestrian crossing onto Katerinska st....You are walking by Novotel...Take the first right into the small Melounova Street and find them on your left

Stuffo's Profile Photo

Great little place!!!

by written on February 10, 2005

I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights in February, and I can not stop raving about it. They ave just opened it recently (in december 2004).

Unique Quality: It is very clean, modern and minimalistic. Geat decoration taste. Its and 10 minues walking distance from the centre . They have dorms and double rooms with en suite. Their showers are amazing!!!!

Nearby Miss Sophie's

• Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Prague Travel Forum

Need advice about Prague, Czech Republic? Visit the Travel Forum for Prague and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Prague hotel reviews

Taxi Drivers
National Theatre
The Old Town Square.
Favorites
A restaurant in the city center.
Restaurants
Just off the main tourist paths
Meander inside