Moevenpick Hotel Prague

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo

Moevenpick Hotel, Prag, CZ

Hotel is located on the 5th Circle of Prague, some far from the City Center, but just 15 mins reachable by taxi ... And in case u r short on ur budget, tram and metro stations r just minutes away ...

Highrised building, also another wing on the hill for executive rooms, which u can reach w the cable car of the Hotel ... I did stay in several floors of the hotel on different times of the years, all rooms good designed and comfy, clean and tidy, good Housekeeping ...

Kindda much circulation all the times day and night at the Lobby for check in and check outs, as well the Hotel deals w a large amount of tourist groups from all parts of Europe, and even from other continents, Hotel entrance all the times busy w Travel Agency busses .... So, dont expect something quite as in the breakfast times and as waiting for elevators ...

Staff is nice, helpful for daily city tour organisations, restaurant booking in old city etc ...

Good and quality service in all terms, very recommendable Hotel ...

Directions: On the 5th Circle of Prague.

• rooms at the top

there are two hotels - and I really mean that - downstairs is standard 4* stuff for large groups. It has the bar , main restaurant, gym etc. Upstairs (reached by a little cable car) is another story. Mostly used by business travellers it has great views over the hillside (where Mozarts house is) and is right by the tennis courts. its also not as busy at mealtimes.

I think that broadband is available (at a cost) in all rooms at the top (whereas only a few rooms have it inthe main building).

Unique Quality: cable car
    great ice cream

Directions: by Andel shopping centre and close to the andel bus statioin. Its not the greatest of areas but very up and coming and the shopping centre is good, there are lots of restauratns around and its just a short tram ride (or metro) from the centre.

• gcs75's Profile Photo

Mövenpick Hotel - Not without my company's rate

Mövenpick Hotel is a nice, clean and comfortable place for accomodation, but this the least one can expect for this price. I would not consider it without getting my company's discount.

More about Moevenpick Hotel Prague

Czech Republic has many of...

by prazacek

Czech Republic has many of world-class hotels (Hotel Hilton, Hotel Movenpick, Hotel Prague, Hotel Corinthia Towers - all in Prague; Hotel Thermal and Grandhotel Pupp in Carlsbad - on the picture) so you can live in very luxury conditions, but you can also live in all sorts of hotels, hostels and motels from 4 stars to 1 star. These lodges are placed all around the Czech Republic so for better information just visit local INFO spot.
Prices are moving from thousands of Crowns (luxury hotels) to hunderts of Crowns (motels).

Taxis in Prague

by Toptouristpete

We took 19 taxis in 5 days. The taxis will rip you off if you use a meter. Instead always agree a price instead before you start. Dont use a taxi from the Movenpick Hotel. the charge from the Hotel to the old town was 400 but if you hailed a taxi on the street the same trip would cost you 150. We adopted 2 taxi drivers who took our party to the races, to the old town, to the airport. Most of the taxis drivers were okay, the taxis were older vehicles in the main.

Not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member Jethro

The Movenpick was the second hotel in Prague that we stayed in during our vacation in May 2005. We had a superior room in the main building. The hotel was clean and quiet, but the room was very plain and basic. The decor is old and outdated. There were some stains on the carpeting and on the bathroom counter. The towels were quite threadbare and the pillows were completely flat and worn out. A bottle of liquid soap was attached to the wall near the sink, and a bottle of body wash was attached in the shower (out of reach if you are taking a bath). These were the only toiletries provided in the room.

The breakfast was very nice and featured many selections each day. The location was not as good as I had hoped. The metro station is about a 5-7 minute walk as is the tram stop. This is not a big deal when the weather is nice, but it rained heavily one day which meant we got soaked.

A major problem with the hotel is the staff. I'm glad that we had many positive experiences in Prague and other parts of the Czech Republic so that the Movenpick staff did not manage to downgrade my impression. The desk staff was just plain rude. Any questions were met with a huff as if we were bothering them. Of all the employees only the breakfast servers were the slightest bit nice. Everyone else seemed to feel that we were not worth their time or energy.

If you can get a good price, then the Movenpick is a clean place with a nice breakfast and an okay location. Don't expect any type of service from the staff, and you'll be fine. I think there are much nicer hotels in Prague that are comparably priced.

Really enjoyed my stay...

by TripAdvisor Member candypirate

I went to Prague last year for Christmas, and was keen to NOT stay in Stag night end of town!! this hotel is a little out of town, but to be honest is only a 10 minute walk to Mala Strana, which is beautiful (i recommend the Olympia bar/restaurant...fab!).

the hotel was clean, the beds were always made freshly, the bath was a good size and the staff were... well, didnt really notice them!

the beds were a little uncomfortable, strange european thing where there are 2 beds pushed together? they also had high wooden sides so it was not great trying to hug my fella in our sleep!!

the tag broke off the mini bar, and the staff tried to charge us for a bottle of water and a bottle of oj, but we refused as had really not drunk anything!

apart from the breakfast which is great (apart from the thimble sized juice glasses), dont bother eating in the hotel.. you pay English prices for food and drink there, but a 2 minute walk towards the centre of prague will yeild fabulous foods and amazing beer at next to nothing prices! even christmas day, dinner in Movenpick would have cost about £40 each, but in Mala Strana we had half a roast duck with dumplings and sauerkraut, massive cheesecake and 5 beers each for less than £25 between us!

it is definately worth staying at this hotel, as it is clean, modern, not a long way out of town unless you are really lazy or have actual disability. you would pay more for a scummy hole in the centre of new town, and you would not have such a nice stay!!

Quick a good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member gogocat

stayed at movenpick and andel's during my stay in Prague. If I am going back again, I will definitely choose Movenpick to ANDELS since the room is bigger and we were upgraded to the executive wing with more space than the Andel's. The breakfast is also better than Andel's though both were not good compare to the other 4 stars hotel in Asia. One drawback for Movenpick is that it is a bit far away from the Andel Metro station.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jurnee

I loved the hotel and just wish it were closer to town. We were in a large room on the 7th floor and visited the fancy executive section in the back with the great view over the city. The room was modern, clean and had a balcony. The breakfast buffet was the best on our 2 week tour of Europe and we had a dinner buffet there as well which was very good. I don’t know the cost as it was included in our tour price. It’s one block from the Metro and a really big shopping mall. Right around the corner is Bertramka - where Mozart spent time and it’s well worth a visit.

Was worried about the beds after a review but ours were perfectly comfortable.

by TripAdvisor Member tagger

I have just come back from a Czech republic holiday with one day in Prague. We were based in the Movenpick for a full 6 nights so that some of the 50 in our group could just spend all or some of their time in Prague. We chose the Movenpick as they had plenty of single rooms and got a great price of £165 for 5 nights bed and breakfast (£90 single supplement).I had read that the breakfast was good and we were not dissappointed. The 'original' muesli that one of my members could not believe finding, also had sausages and bacon, fruit, breads cold buffet, just about everything.The Movenpick Giardino restauant was exeptionally good : 4 courses with drinks for two choosing the best on the menue £62. These direction from another person were excellent: To reach the tram/metro is easy, turning right out of hotel down the ramp through the coach park. On reaching main road turn right and pass the Ibis Hotel on the left and then arriving at a shopping complex fronted by Carrefors. The tram stop is outside this compex and the no.9 takes you to the centre of Wenceslas Square.Total time from leaving hotel 15 minutes. Just behind Carrefors is the novy shimov shopping centre. One member spent a whole day in here, two hats M&S bargains and jewelery that she had seen elswhere for a lot more were in her shopping bags. The top floor food court serves all sorts: a cheap one course meal for 4 with drinks was £12. Hotel taxis were more expensive than some but a lot less that some rip off taxis. Generally.. honest taxis about 169czk, hotel taxis about 200czk and they offered to come back for you..a great help for many. Rip off taxis 550czk. we had the help of a tourist development worker and visited the Venkov Region and Tabor, about 50miles south of Prague about 1hour and 20 minutes drive. We were the first group of foreign tourists to visit the area, and were given a very special and warm welcome. The mayor of Chotoviny presented us with the Key to the region at Chotoviny Castle where a champagne reception and lunch were enjoyed by all. Undoubtedly the stars of the welcome committee were the children, some as young as five years of age who played recorders, and gave a selection of songs and music to the visitors. The museum in Tabor holds a copy of a huge monument that honours their Blind General Jan Zizka. The original statue stands on top of a hill in Prague, it has Zizka sitting on the largest horse statue in the world. It measures 9 metres tall. Tábor was founded as a fortress town in 15th century by radical followers of religious reformer Jan Hus. Another highlight was the private Piano recital in Mlada Vozice, by the 15 year old pianist Karel Vrtiska (Charles Bratishca) who won second place, in his age group, in the International Piano Competition 2005 and was cast as the young Mozart in the recent BBC production of Mozart's life. Other visits included an entertaining Medieval combat display and fire fight, a Blacksmiths workshop and museum, a tour of hisorical undergound passages hewn out of rock by hand, a wonderful fun filled afternoon with a cycling club who are looking for help with there holiday to Scotland, a brewery visit, a primary school where crafts excel, an unforgettable evening mixing and dancing with villagers, local officials, crafts people, musicians entertainers and tourist students, and a tour of the beautiful city of Prague. We went expecting nothing and found a heartwarming welcome none of us shall ever forget.

Cab fare/Movenpick Hotel

by oskardude

We will be arriving in Prague by train on 17 March, and need to go to the Movenpick hotel in Prague 5. Can anyone tell me what a reasonable cab fare would be for that distance, and any tips on getting a fair deal from a driver? Also, I'd be interested if you know anything about that hotel, positive or negative. Thanks in advance!

by ceswho

Try not to take a taxi, usually they are very expensive. But if you have to, make sure you make a deal before take their service. Also if you arrive by train station, take the subway, it is cheaper. You can look up where MOvenpick Hotel is and read the subway map. See my Prague page. Hope this will help. Happy travels! Ces

by oskardude

Thanks for the advice. I was hoping to find out what would be a reasonable amount to pay for that distance, so that I can do the negotiation in advance, as we will probably have to take a cab. Any ideas? Thanks!

RE: RE: Cab fare/Movenpick Hotel

by ceswho

Sorry, can't help you with that. I did not even attempt to take a cab while I was there.

by Toptouristpete

Hi I am staying at this hotel after you on 31st March

People the world over always say that taxi prices are high. I use at least 40 taxis a year. Try public transport and get pick pocketed or mugged much better to use a respectable taxi company. After a long flight the last thing I want to do is standup with my luggage on a bus or tram. There are dozens of companies who all have web sites with their prices on. here are two examples.

So book in advance and you will know what you will be paying. Cheers Peter

Comments