Pachtuv Palace Hotel

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Pachtuv Palace Hotel

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member soloTrvl

Pachtuv Palace was one of the highlights of my recent European vacation. The staff was so warm and welcoming, and had been eager to assist me even before my arrival by sending helpful email directions. I was blown away by the large suite with its amazing views. One of my favorite parts of the goregeous room was the bathroom and most importantly the bathtub! After walking around Europe for several days the large tub (with bath salts provided) was calling my name! The concierge set up a reservation at an amazing restaurant for dinner and I felt spoiled the entire stay. The central location of Pachtuv Palace was also a plus. With all of the most amazing sights right outside my hotel I could have stayed for months! I will be returning to Pachtuv Palace again!

A Perfectly located gem

by TripAdvisor Member R1649

I read the review at Trip Advisor and decided to take a chance. Boy were we pleased. My wife and I had an enormous (750 square foot) suite overlooking the river and the castle. It was a first rate, elegant place to stay. I later stayed at the Four Seasons in Budapest (reputed to be one of the best hotels in Europe) and the Pachtuv Palace far exceeded it.
I plan to stay at other hotels in the same group.
If you go, ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor overlooking the river.

Enchanting visit

by TripAdvisor Member babette4

I have just returned from three nights in Prague, staying at the Pachtuv Palace with my niece and her mother. I chose the Pachtuv Palace having read the numerous complimentary reviews posted at Tripadvisor web site. The Hotel more than lived up to its recommendations--old world charm with great attention to detail. We shared a triple room, a one bedroom suite, with a wonderful four poster bed . Our suite was ground floor in the older part of the hotel.Original features were retained but enhanced by 21st century facilities. The kitchen area was modern with dishwasher, hob, microwave, toaster and fridge/minibar.Room service was discreet but prompt if needed. The staff were most polite and the reception staff could not have been more helpful.
Next door to the Hotel is a very good Italian restaurant where we ate on our first night. I should add here that there is a small mini market ,also close by, where one can purchase breakfast juice etc.
I had researched Prague before our trip and had accessed several restaurants on the Internet one of which we tried --Pod Kridlem,Narodni 10 where we sampled the Gustation menu. It was excellent . The restaurant is Art Nouveau. If I had a complaint it was that we were the only diners that Monday evening.This restaurant is a short walk from the hotel.
Our transfer from the airport to the hotel was by shuttle bus--very efficient and reasonable at 480 Czech kronu total. We took the hotel car--a Skoda for our return trip. Slightly more expensive at 650Czech Kronu but worth it.
Prague is a wonderfully atmospheric city and so compact. Walk if you can but pack comfortable shoes.
Pachtuv is ideally situated for sightseeing being within walking distance of all the historical sites but far from the "madding crowd" --a quiet haven to return to.
I hope to revisit Prague and will stay again in the Pachtuv Palace if available.
Enjoy your visit. M Bleakley Belfast Ireland

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member Vicnvid

What a gorgeous place!
The weekend in Prague was for my partners 40th birthday and therefore a very special place was needed.
I scoured all the review sites and narrowed my choice down to the Pachtuv Palace and one other.
I'm so glad I chose this one!!
The hotel is absolutely glorious!
The room was lovely, with a four poster bed and all the mod cons you'd expect. Although there was no air con and it was quite hot that weekend, there was a fan and this did the trick.
The bathroom was sumptuous and had a quality finish.
The room had the best view in Prague (the castle and Charles bridge and river), postcard perfect!
There really isn't anything I could fault with our stay.
All the staff were very friendly and polite and the service was excellent!
We had a meal included for our first night at the Bellvue across the road and this was fantastic too!
All in all I couldn't rate this hotel any more highly. It is easily the best hotel I've ever stayed at, I could rave about it all day!
If you want luxury with the most amazing location, this is the place for you.
If you wanted something even extra special, book one of the Exceptional Suites. Apparently these are something else!
Enjoy!!

Fantastic hotel, but don't let them book you a taxi

by TripAdvisor Member thinkLondon

We have just returned from a four night stay at the Pachtuv Palace. We stayed in a Junior Suite Deluxe and really enjoyed our stay there. The room was very spacious and comfortable, and also felt cosy as we were in the roof, with the original 17th century beams. The central location of the hotel is excellent for sight-seeing and for going out in the evenings, and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

It is possible to take the bus and metro to the hotel from the airport, but we found pulling our suitcase from the nearest metro station along the cobbled streets difficult, and so asked the hotel to book us a taxi to the airport. Instead of ordering a local taxi, which we were advised would cost around 450 CZK for two people (11 GBP, 21 USD) to the airport, they arranged their own private car for which they tried to charge 950 CZK. So book your own taxi to the airport! Other than that, would highly recommend.

An elegant hidden gem!

by TripAdvisor Member FezoRN

My husband and I, along with our 2 sons ages 15 & 25 spent 10 nights last month at the Pachtuv Palace while my husband attended an astronomical conference. Since our family was going to be in Prague for an extended period of time I wanted to be sure our hotel was centrally located, large enough for our family to spread out in and not trip over each other and comfortable. I hit the jackpot with this beautiful historical hotel that is tended to by a professional, attentive, smiling staff, especially Hannah and Jirina, and warm enthusiastic
newly-appointed general manager, Mr. Guido Friedl. The concierge staff were tremendously helpful in suggesting places to eat not found in Fodor's, arranging opera tickets and helping organize a trip to Terezin. Our 2 suites overlooked the river Vltava with distant views of Charles Bridge and castle/cathedral complex that were especially captivating after dark. Postcards of that view could be found at every tourist kiosk; we were lucky to have that view nightly! Our massive livingroom gave us the room we needed to spread out and the dining area/kitchenette provided us with a refridgerator for drinks and snacks for our sons as well as a coffee/tea setup, stovetop and microwave. Our bathrooms were 21st century modern, spacious, impeccably clean with robes and slippers to boot. What a godsend...washers and driers are provided on each floor, including soap, free for the asking! Every evening a bottle of water appeared at each bedside table along with a personally addressed card announcing the next day's weather report. The staff even knew which side of the bed I slept on! Such details can be noted everywhere at the Pachtuv Palace. If you don't believe me, next time you're there, check out the sand in the ashtrays or the dirt in the inner courtyards. Breakfast was varied, fresh, and beautifully presented on a large round tiered table in a room off reception with additional seating outside under umbrellas in an inner courtyard of manicured lawn, colorful flowers and lifesize cow, decorated with famous sights of Prague, similar to ones seen in Chicago or New York. The freshness of the eggs along with the presentation made me hesitant to order anything else. After just a few days of being at the hotel the sweetest of dining staff, Irena, brought me coffee daily without asking, another example of details making the difference! Having breakfast service until 11.30am meant our sons didn't have to rise at the crack of dawn to eat but could sleep in. During our stay Mr. Friedl occasionally joined us for morning coffee or drinks later in the day. His concern for the well-being of his residents is obvious. His loftly future plans for the hotel were exciting to hear about! I would recommend the Pachtuv to anyone visiting Prague. Aside from the location, being steps away from Charles Bridge and easy walk to the astronomical clock and old town square but not within noise distance of the tourists, the hotel itself is a peaceful haven to retreat to after a full day of sightseeing and exploring. Come find out for yourself...you won't be disappointed! Portland, Maine USA

Charming old world grandure

by TripAdvisor Member wolfium-x

I stayed at the Pachtuv Palace for several weeks while working in Prague and so this is probably the most in-depth review you'll find on the place.

The hotel cannot be faulted for its location, its just 2 minutes walk from Charles Bridge, and just far enough away from the madding crowds to be quite*. There a lots of great restaurants nearby, and my large room was nicely furnished in a style that was in fitting with the buildings architecture; pretty, old style Prague. The bed in my room was comfortable, and the bathroom had both a bath and separate shower cubical. Another plus was that my room had free broadband Internet access. The staff are also helpful and polite.

The hotel did score some minus points though, one of which was a very bad. My biggest complaint was the heating, it wasn't even warm enough enough to keep tree hugging anti global warming greenie happy. It was too cold, and for the first week of my stay it wasn't even switched on! Also, there was no air con, which could be an issue in the summer. On two days of my stay the hot water was lukewarm (though it was fine for all of the other days ).

*Whilst generally quite, the hotel does adjoin a theatre, and there was some leakage of sound from its PA system between 8 and 11 pm, also on Saturday nights there was a boom-boom-boom coming from some nearby night club, but this did stop at about 12:30 - I'm too old to disco!

The room didn't any facilities for pressing clothes, and there was no electric kettle - instead there was a rather bizarre kitchenette in a wardrobe that had a kettle that could be boiled on a hot plate. With all the excellent, and cheap restaurants nearby, I really couldn't understand why the room had the kitchenette, especially as it didn't even have a work surface, and so was, in any case completely useless. My final complaint was that there was no desk - which was odd given the internet access point that the room had.

Would I stay there again, definitely, but I'll be taking some thermals.

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member susa

We stayed in the hotel for 4 nights prior and after our wedding. We had huge room with the balcony facing the Prague Castle and the river. Very comfortable bed, enormously spacious living room. Very good breakfast. We were originaly booked to Four Seasons, but after being recommended this hotel and seeing the rooms in FS, I'm more then happy that we have changed from a big chain to this small luxury. The front desk people were very friendly and accomodative. I would love to stay there again.

Exactly what I hoped for!

by TripAdvisor Member ryanrxb

Everything that I hoped this hotel would be it was. Enjoyed a lovely stay in Prague during a very warm three days in september. The room is one of the best I have stayed in anywhere. Very clean, so much space and excellent facilites, the front desk even have a DVD collection if you fancy an early night in. Staff were friendly and very helpful. I couldn't rate this any less than excellent.

Romantic and excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ronjj

We arrive at 10am and our room was ready. The reception clerck was very helfull. We have been upgraded to a Junior suite. We quickly understood why. The room was under the roof with two small windows but was large, confortable and romantic with a kitchen corner and we have decided not to complain about it.
There are rooms with a fantastic view on the river and the Charles bridge.
We have made all our booking for spectacles through the front office staff that was nice and professionnal.
Restaurants recommended were good.
I would recommend to book the taxis through the reception since the taxi drivers in town are real thieves.

hotels questions

by nicolaitan

With the help of the Internet we have narrowed our hotel choices for September to the following - sorry, can't make paragraphs - Hotel Josef, Hotel Ventana, Iron Gate, and Pachtuv Palace. Decided not to spring for the Four Seasons - just too much money. Of the four, the Pachtuv Palace seems the most appealing but we would really appreciate help from our friends on VT for this one. Thanks.

RE: hotels questions

by stevehallam

my good friends have just stayed at the hotel Josef and would highly recommend it!

RE: hotels questions

by Mikebb

hi, We stayed at the Hotel St John, very nice and well located. See my Prague Page for photos and other details on this accommodation
good luck, Mikebb