Radisson SAS Alcron Hotel Prague

Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Prague Surcharge Horror

I'll start by saying that I had to give myself several days to calm down before writing this. We stayed at the Radisson SAS Alcorn hotel in Prague and actually found everything to be accommodating. The staff was respectful and helpful and the rates were decent. However, there were three major flaws in the hotel, all having to do with surcharges and the points program:
    1. The hotel didn't count the points for our 6 nights because I had booked through a third-party site (Hotels.com)
    2. The hotel had canceled their "free upgrades upon availability" program for silver elite members
    3. The hotel charged $3 for each espresso and tea in the room without having a sign in plain sight that mentioned it.

And the worst of all, I decided to do laundry one day (2 bags, 11 items total) and when I went to check-out the next day, the laundry cost was $450 USD!!! That's for 2 loads of laundry. It's hard to believe that two loads of laundry costs that much, when in fact the washing machines probably don't even cost that much.

After several minutes discussing this ridiculous fee, the front desk was kind enough to bring the cost down to $400. Wow, what a deal!?

Final recommendation: stay here if you like what you see, but be very very careful not to use the services, amenities, restaurants, etc... in the hotel, as they will cost you. And it will sting.

Unique Quality: The Radisson SAS Alcron in Prague is located right in between the Mustek and Muzeum stop on the green line of the metro. Good location. Take the 119 bus from the airport to the metro station and then take the green line to either one of those locations (Muzeum is a little closer). Only two sets of stairs to tackle and the total cost for two people is about $10. Total time door-to-door, about an hour.

Directions: By the Muzeum

• Brilliant!

Stayed here for three nights in September 2009. Lovely big room and good-sized bathroom. Modern amenities, very comfortable beds and a great view overlooking the street. It was also immaculately clean.

The staff were very helpful and always attentive, and the breakfasts we had in the hotel were marvellous - very fresh food, and best of all great coffee which is always a plus! There is a large bar area off the attractive lobby which had prompt service and also a private room for internet use (you need to see reception first to obtain an access card). The concierge was genuinely friendly and helpful, too.

I would recommend this place for anyone who enjoys a bit of a splurge.

Unique Quality: Fantastic location; the hotel was practically in the heart of Wenceslas Square.

Directions: Steps from Wenceslas Square

• richyoon's Profile Photo

Great Hotel Location

Being my second trip to Prague, I knew exactly where I wanted to stay. The Radisson is conveniently located right off Wenceslas Square. Its a very nice property in close proximity to metros, trams, and short walking distance to Old Town. I was able to visit to Prague for just one night during my recent trip to Munich, and I knew that time and distance were going to be very important to me. Looking at the reviews/prices of the other hotels in the Wenceslas Square area, I thought the Radisson provided me the best place at the best price.

Radisson are not considered fancy hotels in the US, but I was impressed with the hotel. Its clearly a nice 4 star property (in the US), and the rooms were bright and clean. I could see how the property really caters to business travelers, and the price probably refects that.

Unique Quality: The location is great, and the hotel very modern. For what it delivers in comfort and cleanliness, it lacks character or history.

Directions: Located near the center of Wenceslas Square.

• jovik's Profile Photo

Exellent hotell

Excellent hotel in an excellent location. Just 2 minutes walk from Wenceslas Square and the main shopping street. Stayed here for 3 nights in July 2006. We went for a "Superior Room" which inlcuded amongst other things Buffet Breakfast and Broadband Internet.

• megolodon's Profile Photo

NEVER a 5 Star

We stayed here for a few nights and it was awful. We wanted a non smoking - which to be fair we got - but next door to a smoker - air con blew all the smells into our room.
    Next door had a party at 3.30am, hotel did nothing when we complained.
    Hotel staff were VERY unfriendly and unhelpful.
    Rooms were definately NOT 5 star.
    NOT impressed.
    We did send a letter of compaint and the manger really went above and beyond to appologise which made up for the whole experience a bit. He offered a return visit but even a free hotel stay would not make me go back.

Directions: Right down from an Irish bar. Very noisy if you get a room next to the main street.

• pincer's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel

The highlight of our stay here was eating in the La Rotonde Restaurant and Gourmet Alcron Restaurant. Both restaurants are very highly rated in CZ and its not difficult to see why. Food and service was the best we have experienced. Be warned you certainly pay for the quality, but was still worth the money spent. First class. Finish the night off with a drink in the bar listening to live Jazz.

All the staff went out of their way to make you feel special. Would definatley stop here again.

Directions: Surrounded by historic buildings, shops and restaurants, the hotel is only a ten-minute walk to the historic Old Town Square, one of the major focal points of the city, and only a few minutes more to the well-known landmark, Charles Bridge.

• Lochlann's Profile Photo

Well situated

We went with a city break discount : 3 nights for the price of 2. We read some reviews saying it was worth every penny. Actually, it is good but very functionnal and the atmosphere is quite business like. the breakfast, buffet or in the room, provides enough quality food to keep you walking all day long and skipping lunch.
    The room was a standard chain hotel style, better than Novotel but missing character. And the windows opened on an inside courtyard... and opposite windows.
    The service was obviously perfect, and the minibar not too expensive.

see my tips on the restaurants

Directions: 200m from Vaclavske namesti, we were by the river or in the old town in 10 min.

• pittstar's Profile Photo

Convenient, beautiful, classy, worth it!

I've stayed here two years in a row for 4-5 nights at the peak of summer, early Sept. The beds are comfortable--ask for a pillow top to be added by emailing them once you make the reservation, the bathrooms are gorgeous, they've got high-speed internet, and the room service coffee is fast and yummy. It's safe and near everything. I like the 5th floor in the back as it's quiet and not smoky.

• boliston's Profile Photo

Attention to detail

I booked this hotel via Expedia for my 40th Birthday trip to Prague.

It cost me about £90 per night, and when we arrived we were given the option of upgrading to a "club royal" room for "40 Euros per night" which seemed odd as the bill was in crowns!

This was billed as 1240 crowns per night which is about £30 at current rates which meant I got a superb 6th floor room with balcony for £120 including "a la carte" breakfast in the "Alcron" restaurant. Club Royal also gives perks like separate checkout, turn down service, free pay tv, and a free welcome drink - I chose an 18 yr Mcallam Malt which would have cost a lot!

Directions: Just of Wenceslas Square

• chrishc's Profile Photo

Great Restaurant

Thehotel also has a very highly rted restaurant which we did not visit although the menus looked superb.

But if breakfast is anything to go by diners must surely have been in for a treat. For breakfast everything was there.

Unique Quality: Great food

• chrishc's Profile Photo

The best hotel in town?

Just a superb hotel with champagne fo breakfast. Silvio Berlusconi stayed here.

Bar is expensive though.

Directions: Just off Wenceslas Square

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Art Deco Delight.

Lucky enough to get a bargain last December! This stunning hotel has it all! Breakfast which includes a large organic range of produce is served in the lovely light and very art deco restaurant. Champagne flows freely if you wish. The rooms were of a high standard and the bathrooms were light and clean. The hotel is ideally situated for the Old Town and Wenceslas Square is only a few yards away. I never ate in the Alcron restaurant but I have it on good authority that it is excellent.

Directions: Just off Wenceslas Square.

• excellent hotel

First class hotel in the centre of Prague. Hotel staff were very helpful and spoke good english. The rooms were large and well equipped eg: tea/coffee ,machines, fridge ,minibar. the bathroom was large and modern. All in all a very good hotel within easy walking distance to main attractions. PS If you are going to go to Prague consider going in the winter. You can get good deals on accommodation and it is less busy than summer but remember it is VERY COLD so wrap up . Hope you have as good a time as we did..

Unique Quality: Two award winning resturants, Gym, Sauna

Directions: Just of the main Square

• LondonChris's Profile Photo

Best Value

Good value if you can get the weekend saver rate! Fill up for the day at the buffet breakfast, and head of out to town.
    Located just on the edge of the old town.
    www.radisson.com

Directions: Prague 1

• ratherton's Profile Photo

SAS Radisson Alcron

This is an excellent hotel just off Wenceslas Square. It's definitely better than some of the Radisson hotels I have stayed in. Rooms were a good size with comfortable beds. The location is excellent. If I was looking for a hotel in this price range in Prague, I wouldn't stay anywhere else

Directions: Just off Wenceslas Square