Residence Vysta

Residence Vysta
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Prague

The cemeteryThe cemetery

City view from the hillsCity view from the hills

Mala StranaMala Strana

Prague TramPrague Tram

day or night train prague to krakow

by janiebird

Everyone on this sight asks about the overnight train to krakow. Is the day train a scenic ride or a bore? I usually like to see the scenery on a train ride, but overnight seems to be the popular choice. Anyone have an opinion between night and day trains on this trip?

Also, I need to get from Krakow back to Munich. Should I take the train back to Prague and go south or is there a different route to take ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Re: day or night train prague to krakow

by Laura_Mexico

See this link to an earlier discussion on this topic:

I personally didn't find the day ride too tiring, too boring or too long.... it was just ok for me. Maybe the night ride is more popular because you save 1 night of accomodation and you then have the entire day to do your sightseeing. It was my first option but I then changed my mind because of my friend's recommendation to do the day trip instead (safer). But I guess I would have liked to have those extra 5 hrs to explore Prague.... up to you, I guess it's just a personal choice and you also depend on availability because the night trains usually fill up fast. Good luck.

Re: day or night train prague to krakow

by janiebird

Thank you for your response. It helps to know the difference between the trains. Now I just have to make a decision !!

Travel Tips for Prague

Districts of Prague

by sandysmith

The historical core of the city straddles both banks of the River Vltava and has 6 main areas:

Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Josefov (preserved part of former Jewish Town - today part of the Old Town)
Nove Mesto (New Town)
Mala Strana (Lesser Town),
Hradcany (Castle)
Vysehrad.

Photography - Not allowed a Sham

by XKuger

I noticed that some of the churches had a "No Photography" sign posted... however I found that none of the tourists cared. At first I was a little cautious and did not shoot any pictures, after that I noticed that that I was the only fool obeying the rules.

I just let loose and shot all the pictures that I wanted and no one really cared to stop me. However I was a responsible tourist and did not use the flash that would have a negative effect on old paintings etc.

Come prepared!

by M0B1US

Me? I prefer my backpack, plus a day bag as well... Prague has continental weather which means very cold in the Winter and very hot in the Summer, so remember to dress accordingly with warm weather gear in the winter: the usual hats, gloves, coats, fleeces etc. All commonsense stuff really. At least in a relatively inexpensive country like the Czech Republic, buying extra clothes isn't so tough on the wallet - especially if you're looking for that Russian style furry hat! ;-) Remember it's a former Eastern-Bloc country, so some things are still hard to come by. If in doubt bring your own stuff. Spare batteries!

Experience the daily routine

by Applelyn

I thought getting to know how locals live is another way of experiencing a country. I took a tram to Petriny, a small new town in Praha. Many locals were either rushing to the city or to this town for work. The things there are slightly cheaper and the restaurants served many authentic local cuisine, not as commercialised. It also protrayed the "new" way of life. I cant really remember the restaurant that I ate in but they served smoked beef with potato bread/dumpling and cabbage as sides. Really typical "local".

Real Czech Life in the suburbs!!!

by Bigs

Check out the suburbs for the real Czech life! We once lived next to this 'nice' church in Vrsovice for example! And guess what? I found it in an architectural guide later! hahaha!!! I also found the name of our host in that guide, it seems that he was a successful architect in his younger days! Funny! You will also find some good and cheap restaurants here!

Comments