Rott Hotel

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotel Rott

Costs 49% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• ncfg's Profile Photo

Just in the heart of the Old Prague

I stayed at the Hotel Rott, a four star hotel located directly in the heart of old Prague, on the King's Way, "Male namesti" (Small Square) . My room was equipped with shower, WC, phone, SAT and PAY TV, Safe, PC/fax connection, Internet, hairdryer and minibar.
    The minibar prices were forbidden, so high!!!! So don’t use the minibar if you don’t want to have a big surprise in your bill. ;-)
    The staff were very helpful and they spook a very good English. The breakfast was very good too.

Unique Quality: Some of the distances to/from the hotel are:
    Old Town Square: 0.1 km
    Charles Bridge: 0.3 km
    Wenceslas Square: 0.4 km
    Main railway station: 1.2 km
    Prague Castle: 2.0 km
    Airport: 15.0 km

Directions: Going from the Airport to the Hotel Rott Praha :

Take bus number 119 to Station Dejviská, metro A which will take you to Staroměstská. Walk through Kaprová Street and take a left onto street U Radnice.

More about Rott Hotel

Average Hotel in a lovely location

by TripAdvisor Member clarenrob

We stayed at the Hotel Rott 19th-23rd March 2007. I booked direct with the hotel and saved alot of money. They didn't however tell us that the cafe and restaurant was under construction and that these services weren't available. The breakfast was served in the basement and wasn't that great. The location of the hotel was great! In walking distance to everywhere. In the 4 days we were there we only used the metro a couple of times. Don't bother with walking tours, its so easy to do yourselves and cheaper and you can stop and start when you like. The boat trip Prague Venice was great. 290ck per person and lasts an hour. I would definately go back a third time and I would go back to the Hotel Rott if there was a cafe/restaurant so that we could have a drink in the evening and stay close to home. The cafe outside the clock in the old town is nice and cosy, but they charge £3 for a cuppa and £3 for a beer, then add 15% service charge!! What a con. We found Jo's Bar to be the best for food and drinks which is over Charles Bridge and straight up the road on the left. Its lovely! Hope that has helped. Any questions please email me.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member laura&mark

I had been to Prague before but my boyfriend hadn't. So I wanted a hotel that was located close to Old Town Square and was a traditional building. I got what I wanted with Hotel Rott.

Our room was perfect for a three night stay. The bathroom was missing a bath BUT the size of the shower cubicle made up for that.

The location of the hotel provides easy access to many of the sights.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Breakfast could not be faulted, there was a large amount of choice ranging from cooked breakfast to fresh fruit.

If I do go back to Prague in the future I will book Hotel Rott again.

good hotel but beware of tram inspectors

by TripAdvisor Member Wivenny

We stayed recently at the Hotel Rott. Excellent hotel. Great position. excellent breakfast and lovely rooms and good value. Beware when using public transport as we were were charged a fine of £12 each for not validating our tram tickets at the ticket machine on the tram and were put off the tram by two unpleasant men . We think this was partly a scam as another two men were having an argument about a seat and we were so busy watching this we forgot about our validating our tickets! No pleading helped about being tourists so beware! Walking tour and boat trip were very good as was a restaurant called Kogo. Make sure you use official taxis from the airport as you can pay too much. Use Cedez taxis. Enjoy your trip.

best location, pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member knitt

We were looking for a hotel in the centre and we managed. This hotel has absolutely one of the best location-directly in the centre of Prague..
We were fascinated with historical building, beautiful furnished rooms with view of the Old Town Square. We have to mention pleasant and friendly staff who were also very helpful. We were surprised how excellent breakfast is served there.
Hotel Rott met our requirements. We would recommend.
Thomas

Excellent hotel in the centre of Prague

by TripAdvisor Member janesNottingham

We have just returned from a very enjoyable three night stay at the Hotel Rott in Prague. This four star hotel is situated one minute from Old Town Square and about five minutes from Charles Bridge. Our room was not that spacious (it is a very old, traditional building) but was very nicely furnished and decorated and had the luxury of underfloor heating in the large shower room. The hotel has recently been refurbished to a very high standard and was extremely clean and fresh. The buffet breakfast served both hot and cold food with plenty of choice. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, particularly the receptionists who all spoke very good English and were well informed. As we were quite late in booking our hotel, we were offered a considerably reduced rate.
I would recommend going on one of the organised walking tours from Old Town Square, which the hotel booked for us. The guide took us to the most important landmarks and told us a great deal about the history of Prague and its people.
If you want to take some good photographs, make sure you go up to the top of the Town Hall in Old Town Square (by stairs or lift). If you don't have the energy to walk up the hill to the Castle, you can take a tram (number 22 or 23) which is from the Square on the far side of Charles Bridge and walk back down.
There are plenty of restaurants, bars and jazz clubs to choose from in Prague. Food is both traditional Czech and international.
I am sure you will have a wonderful stay in this beautiful city.

Good value and a perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member grantr

Stayed at the Rott after a recommendation from my parents. I would classify it as a good 3* hotel. The room we had was very clean, nicely appointed and had a view of the square outside. For the money I was very impressed. We paid 90 euro per night for 3 nights inc breakfast.

Buffet Breakfast itself was plentiful if sometimes a little chaotic as they struggled to keep all the food stocked up during the peak periods. I suggest getting to breakfast before the 9.00 rush. The food itself was very good. (The hotel itself should put another member of staff on at this time.......maybe they were short staffed -I don' t know.)

The big plus about the Rott is that it is in the most superb location about 2 minutes walk from the town square. If you are planning on seeing Prague and spending only minimal time in the hotel then you cannot go wrong.

We had to leave early on our last day and we let the staff know well before departure and they did us a breakfast box which was excellent.

In terms of value for money and location I think you will be hard pushed to find better.

Good Hotel, Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member Sarah52

We stayed in this hotel for Christmas. The hotel is nice enough and the underfloor heating in the bathroom is a God send in winter.

The location is the hotel's biggest selling point. It's spot on for site seeing in Prague. We walked everywhere without having to use the trams once.

The rooms are pleasant enough if a little small. We had breakfast included, however on the two mornings we went down for breakfast there was always a shortage of something...plates, glasses, bread rolls.. However once you did get what you required it was good enough.

The hotel was clean, although the chambermaid who cleaned our room was a bit hit and miss.

When we go back to Prague, we would probably use this hotel again so long as the price was right.

Atmospheric Xmas

by TripAdvisor Member keh123

Been to Prague before and stayed on the famous Wenceslas Square which was in a great location.Having said that it did not compare to the lovely Hotel Rott.It was just a hop skip and a jump from the old town square and clock.The hotel itself was suprisingly comfortable,lovely and warm,ideal at Xmas!!As with other hotels,this is not your usual eastern block basicly furnished hotel.The rooms were well appointed,lovely bathrooms etc Very good value for money,would highly recommend.

hotels and acommodation

by zmvc

Hi
I am having problems finding an hotel.
Whenever I try to book, the places reply saying they are full! How can that be possible since we are in low season?
Does anyone give me a good advice about a nice and not expensive place?
Thanks

by rosamundi

I have been in Prague this year .Hotel ROTT was fantastic , the best situation ,in the center and not very expensive. Nice. I send you the web direcction of the hotel. www.guideprague.com/rott/index.php
I wish this is a help for you

by nhcram

We stayed in a lovely flat that was very cheap and is in a very good positionn.
The web site is w.w.w.ds-bohemia.cz. I have placed a ytip on my Prague page so you can see it there.

Re: Re: hotels and acommodation

by Ondrej

Hi,
contact two very good hostels directly in the centre of Prague"

1) Hostel JUNIORHOTEL, Senovazne nam. 21, Prague 1

Best regards,
Ondrej

by candy1

HI,

Try hotelconnect.co.uk The site is simple, very informative and great rates. We have booked for Christmas with no problems at all.

Have a wonderful holiday.

by hundwalder

Check my Prague page for Hotel Cernosice recommendation if you dont mind a short cheap train ride to get to your hotel. They will surely have a vacancy. Spend the money you will save on something fun.

enjoy !