Value Score Average Value
Good For Families
Very nice place for the rest!
It wasn't my first time in Prague, so i had a chanse to compare hotels of Prague between each others. I would say the Royal Court is the best of them!
- Modern iside
- Oldfashionated outside
- Comfortable room, veri soft colours
- big LCD screen + DVD
- Good service
+ very good breakfasts
++ metro is near, not far from center, very good prise (about 35 eur)
Royal Court Hotel
Royal Court rates itself as a four star. So what do they claim their hotel has, and what is the reality?
"Royal Court Boutique Hotel and Spa is a first-class brand new hotel" - true. WThey were still painting and getting the elevator working. In fact the staircase was blocked off with a chain because they were still painting one of the floors - that became a bit of an issue when the lift stopped working!
"offering an unforgettable experience" - oh yeah, it was unforgettable alright. Its been 2 months and its all still very clear.
"...an intimate, friendly, home-away-from-home atmosphere" - more like a hospital, the entrance to the hotel is the first shock. Stark white painted walls contrast with the textured steel covering the stairs - seriously like a hospital - check out the photos! The corners of the walls also have steel strips on them just to add to the cold atmosphere.
"Nestled in a quiet side street" - this gives the mental image of a sweet hotel in a quiet area. The reality is that it is on a short street connecting two of the busiest 3 lane roads in Prague.
"only a few steps away from the word-famous Wenceslas Square " - if you are a giant perhaps. A 15 minute walk to the nearest tram or underground stop, and then a few stops to Wenceslas square.
Breakfast was held in the antiseptic dining room in the basement, we felt like characters out of "One flew over the cuckoos nest" gazing up at the barred windows above.
The room was absolutely tiny - I think it would have to be one of the smallest hotel rooms I have ever seen. You cannot actually walk around the bed to get to the wardrobe because the chair is in the way.
So what was good? I can usually think of something positive to say about the hotels I stay in. Not much really... I had to calm my partner down to stop him demanding our money back. Ummm... the bed was new and the room was clean. The bathroom was ok, but the hot water didn't work on one day, and the water pressure made the "spa" shower pretty much redundant
Would I go back? NEVER. Would I recommend it to a friend? NEVER.
Unique Quality: * Spa treatments - nope. The spa area hadn't been finished at all. We had booked this particular hotel because we thought we would be able to indulge and have a nice massage, but that was yet another source of disappointment.
* Elevator/Lift - true. It did work, 50% of the time.
* Wellness area - unfinished
* Laundry - unfinished
* Car rental desk - non existent
* 24 hour concierge - true
* Internet access - wifi I assume... I didn't have a computer to try it.
* Free newspaper - no sign of it
* Tour desk - non existent (maybe it is the 24 concierge)
* Air Conditioning - nope. We had to open the windows to get some fresh air
* Wireless internet - listed twice?
* Limousine Service - This was a total disaster. My partner booked the car to pick him up from the hotel, at the rather expensive sum of 25 euros (1 way). The driver failed to turn up, and after a series of expensive international mobile calls tracked him down had a second client in the car, going to a different hotel My partner arrived absolutely fuming, and the management made no apology of any sort for the stuffups.
* City tours - somewhere with the hidden tour desk?
* Parking garage - maybe it exists
Popular Hotels in Prague
Trziste 9, Prague
Bartolomejska 9, StarÃ© Mesto, Prague
Hostivitova 3, Prague
U Slate Studne 166/4, Praha 1-Mala Stana, 118 00 Czech Republic
Explore the World
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Riverside Kuching
- Motel 168 (Shanghai Pudong Airport)
- Sheraton Ferncroft Resort
- The Zuri Varca, Goa White Sands Resort & Casino
- Hospitality Inn
- SUPER 8 MOTEL - SALMON
- Le Meridien President Dakar
- Tempo Miami, A RockResort
- Grand Sierra Lodge Mammoth Resort
- Homewood Suites Jacksonville-Baymeadows
- Lake Powell Motel
- Michelangelo Hotel
- Claymore Hotel