Jilska 7, Prague, Bohemia, 11000, Czech Republic

Travelocity Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 109% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Great location

This is a newish hotel located in the oldtown just a few minutes walk from the charles bridge,the bedrooms are very clean and comftable we had a large bathroom there is a small lounge area on each floor which is very nice,we had one of the best breakfasts in all my visits to prague lots of choice as well as hot food eggs bacon ect,but it is the frendley helpfull staff that help make this a real find,and so close to everything,no bar in the hotel but u dont need that as there is one just over the road.

Unique Quality: the old building,it was a convent,the breakfast,the staff.

Directions: 3 minute walk from the old town square

More about Savic Hotel

Savic Hotel is great

by TripAdvisor Member JohnAberdeen_UK

Stayed here 12-16 November 2007. I would concur with the other reviews that this hotel is excellent. The rooms are spacious with excellent bathrooms. The location is a brilliant location very central to the tourist areas but be aware that getting here from the subway/underground on foot may be an issue if you have large bags (don't forget the streets in this area are cobbled).

The breakfast is very good as are the staff all whom spoke English.

My only citicism is that there are only BBC news and CNN channels on the TV - no other english language channels. Also that there is no coffee/tea facilities in the room (which is odd as the hotel is otherwise the highest quality).

Be aware the hotel rooms have wooden floors and if you have a noisy guest above you...

A really good quality hotel this, if going back to Prague this would be my first choice for sure.

Amazing!!

by TripAdvisor Member Laurad

Just returned from Prague and still thinking about how wonderful Savic Hotel was. It was absolutely perfect!!! When we arrived, the lovely women at the front desk ordered us some Czech sparkling wine as she checked us in. Our room was beautiful -- could not have been better. It was so light and bright -- so wonderfully decorated. In fact, our friends could not get a room here, so they stayed at the 5 star Iron Gate around the corner and everything about Savic was far superior. We didn't want to leave. The location, quality and service can not be beat. We had a very early flight out. They arranged a 5am car, insisted on making us sandwiches for the road and brought us an espresso while we were waiting for the driver to the airport. WE LOVE THEM!!! Can't wait to go back.

Amazing Service, Perfect Location, Wonderful Room at the Savic

by TripAdvisor Member backbayboston

We had a wonderful stay at the Savic, for 3 nights, mid Sept 2007.

Location: Perfect. Very quick walk to the square, but around the bend enough so that it was quiet by the time we wanted to sleep.

Service: Superb. I broke the hair dryer (oops!) and they brought up a new one in 2 minutes flat. We got amazing recommendations on nightlife and tours. I cannot say enough good things about how pleasant and friendly they were. It makes such a difference.

Room: The bathroom was luxurious, all marble, with a great big bathtub and a huge showerhead. The flatscreen TV was a great touch (American shows on German MTV and CNN International came in English). Our large bed was 2 smaller ones pushed together, but that seemed to be the standard everywhere we stayed in Eastern Europe and wasn't the end of the world.

Food: The breakfast buffet was included in the room, and it was pretty standard. We didn't try dinner there.

Overall, 5 stars, totally loved it, would stay there again no question.

Excellent hotel in the center of Prague's old Town

by TripAdvisor Member bmoney

Savic is an excellent hotel on the edge of old town. It’s a small place that used to be part of the Church/monastery next door and they have done a superb job of restoring it. Each room is slightly different, some with partly restored renaissance paintings and murals right on the wall! Location-

From the main strain station (the main station is nasty, but not indicative of Prague. It didn't look particularly safe, either), we took the metro two stops. It was a short walk after that, but the cab ride is a bit expensive. We walked with luggage on wheels and made it. At first it looked a bit hidden, but once you find it, you realize everything in old town is down some narrow street.

We were greeted with a very nice "hello" from Katrine who told us at 10:45 am that our room was not ready, but we could leave our luggage with her until 2pm. We walked around old town and got caught up in the beautiful city. She recommended a few restaurants by the St Charles bridge that were excellent (we tried them later). It took us less than 5 minutes to walk from the hotel to the bridge through very safe and often crowded streets.

When we got back around 6 or 7 that night, we checked in and began to walk toward the elevator. I had mentioned on Booking.com that we were on our anniversary and that we wanted a King bed. I asked-"were we able to get a king bed?" She said, "It's a surprise."

When we got to our room, it was a HUGE suite with elaborate murals on the walls and ceilings. Some were unfinished. Later, we asked about them and we were told they were originals from the 1500s. The room had a sitting area with a closet and mini bar and the bedroom had a poster bed. The bathroom was huge, with a shower and full bath. All marble. There was even a TV in the bathroom, built into the wall.

In the morning, we had breakfast. It included eggs and the usual European fare of breads, croissants and meats. It also had some cereal. The restaurant was very charming, with stone arches surrounded by glass walls and doors. I will say that it wasn't cheap. About 250 a night. The bill was as promised (no surprise upgrade for the price) and we were even able to leave our luggage for there after we checked out, until our train left at 8pm. They had a tax waiting to take us.

The trip and the stay were worth it. I would highly recommend the Savic on all counts.

Super Savic!

by TripAdvisor Member tripsterMilwaukee

Stayed at the Savic last week of October. Greeted with excellent and consistent service. Least expensive room was 5 star! Location is convenient to sights and easy to negotiate to subway. I have stayed at hotels across U.S. and Europe and the Savic was a great find! Consider using the hotel's car hire for airport transfers; well worth the $450 (czk).

Great stay at the Savic

by TripAdvisor Member Londonboy2007

We stayed at the Savic between 8 and 11 November 2007. It was a great stay; Prague is a lovely city (though cold this time of year) and the Savic is an awesome hotel:
-large and very comfortable room
-v comfortable bed
-helpful and pleasant staff
-great breakfast, lots of choice (didn't try other meals)

I would definitely recommend the Savic to others and would stay there again should I return to Prague.

Oasis of luxury in Prague

by TripAdvisor Member happytravellertogo

What an excellent hotel, just back from staying in the Savic for three days to celebrate my birthday, what a find. Room 306 was beautifully presented and had view over the small square. All of the staff very knowledgeable and friendly and could not do enough for you. I must admit the free glass of wine on arrival helped at bit. We ate in the restaurant twice during our stay and the food was very good, I could not fault it. Buffet breakfast would have something for everybody and included in price. I am going back to Prague at the end of May and have rebooked this beautiful hotel again

Great hotel with the best location

by TripAdvisor Member blahSpain

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and found it a pleasure. The double bedroom was large and spacious a great four-poster bed. The staff were extremely friendly with excellent english.
The location was spot on, 2 minutes from the clock and about 4 from Charles bridge. I would definatley recommend this hotel and would stay there on my next trip to Prague.

What an amazing hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member ABeirne

We stayed in the Savic for 2 nights this November. Prague is an amazing city anyway, it's just gorgeous. But staying at the Savic made the whole weekend spectacular. From the incredibly helpful and friendly receptionist who greeted us, to the glass of cold Czech beer we received on the house, to the top class accomodation - the Savic is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms are like no other hotel room - not a cliche in site. Beautiful chandeliers and dark wooden floors compliment the very modern and crisp interior. And then there's the beds - I'd go back just to sleep there!! It's all just fabulous and the best part is the cost - €99 a night, what a bargain and this includes the great breakfast you receive each morning. All in all a great hotel - I've recommended it to everyone since we got home and I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else for our next trip to Prague!

Nice accommodation in Decmeber 2007

by MichelleandJames

Hi,

we are planning a weekend break in Prague in December to visit the Christmas Markets.

They seem to be in Wenceslas Square and Old Town Square from what we can work out, so we were thinking of a hotel very near to one of these. Can anyone suggest which one may be best to stay near and also recommend a hotel? We dont want to pay over £100 a night. We were looking at Savic Hotel but cant find any reviews on here, any info on this hotel would be geat

Thanks in advance

Michelle and James

by packtarl

Don't worry about getting a hotel near Wenceslas Square/Old Town Square. The transport system in Prague makes the whole city easily accessible and you will find comparable hotels much sheaper out of the centre.

by leics

Agree entirely. The transport system is cheap and excellent, and central Prague is very walkable anyway. Try looking in the Nove Mesto area if you want a choice between walking in and using tram/metro. I found my hotel (tip on my Prague page) on www.venere.com, so it's worth investigating what's available on there.

by trevak

Hi, I am Prague local and my clients from US have stayed in the Savic hotel. They were very happy. The location can't be better. One minute walk to the Old Town Square. I have seen some of the interiors and they are lovely. Eva

by Mikebb

Hi We stayed 7 nights at Hotel St John (Hotel St Jana), very nice rooms, very high ceilings etc, tram outside will get you to the Old Town in approx 5 minutes, train station 300 metres away. Photos and web page link on my Prague page.

Good Luck,