Zitna 8, Prague, 120 00, Czech Republic
Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Over rated hotel - do not stay here.

by TripAdvisor Member nytravel177

Avoid staying at this hotel if you can. The service, while extremely friendly, is inadequate. Upon arrival for my "honeymoon" at the long awaited freshly renovated hotel - our receptionist english was just okay. B/c I am a Starwood Preferred Guest we were upgraded to a duplex room. Upon being brought up by a lovely bus boy, we saw the previous guests room service dirty dishes outside the door. Upon entering the "non smoking" room it smelled of smoke and there were no windows (only sky lights). After asking to switch rooms, they said there were only interior facing rooms of a lower class at first and then finally they found a room. The rooms are dark b/c of the small windows and very little lighting options - this is the least of the problems however. Upon taking a shower the first night in the upstairs bathroom - I literally had to exit midshower, soaking wet, b/c the genius who designed this place put the shower under a slanted wall so I couldn't stand upright in the shower. Once entering the downstairs shower, I turned the knob which fell right off and nearly broke my toe!! I am not kidding you! So then finally after having a really hot shower, I go to drink the minibar and complimentary water and beverages and see that there is no bottle opener. I also find the previous guests coffee in the coffee machine. Try to call downstairs and of course the phone's not working!! I am serious. So finally my husband goes down on our honeymoon night and tells the reception the issue with the bathroom, bottle opener, phone etc. Upon washing his face and brushing his teeth he finds a rusty bobby pin in the washcloth. In the morning our television comes on at 8 am (**note we have a do not disturb sign on our door) beeping and asking us when we want a repair for the bathroom. Complete interuption of sleep. Upon finally exiting the hotel and having a day out in the lovely city (which is basically all tourists) we come back to find that the maid didn't remove dirty napkins from our night stands, or replace the water and the repair of the bathroom has left black dirt all over our bathtub. The hotel makes me feel like I am in the hotel version of the movie the money pit. Service with a smile will only get you so far when the service is completely inadequate. I am BEYOND disappointed with this Sheraton and will be writing a very well written letter detailing the above and more to Starwood members who are involved with this project with CC to the hotel manager once I get back to NY. Oh and to top, we received a letter today from the hotel manager saying the hot water will be brown tomorrow through friday. Seriously? could it get any worse?

Charming hotel in a beautiful city

by TripAdvisor Member isabella321

This Sheraton Hotel is one of the nicest that I have stayed in for a long long time (I am a SPG Platinum member). It has great equipment and an understated yet stylish outfitting. Its a 10min walk to the main square of the town so ensures you can enjoy rest while not exploring this beautiful Bohemian city. The staff are friendly and conceige knowledgeable about how best to enjoy the numerous sites. And of course there is the bed - as usual ensuring a wonderful rest (so much better than many 4-5 star hotel chains I have slept in). Good luck to the Prague team. Its a tough economy but with continued determination and focus you will win (even with 30+ 5-star hotels to chose from in Prague).

WOW - excellent service

by TripAdvisor Member kruster

I was only staying one night in Budapest to kick off a 20 day train trip around Europe. I hadn't finished all my planning yet so decided on a comfy hotel (brand) to see my first stop Prague but allow me to plan the rest of my travels as well.

Price +- 4600 CZK per night - you pay for comfort so I knew what I was getting with the Sheraton brand and its a brand new hotel. Breakfast wasn't included. I was offered the club lounge access for 40 Euro's which included breakfast, all day snacks and drinks and free internet access with printer or free wifi on my own laptop. I decided to take it seeing as I had a lot more to plan.

The staff are amazing! I haven't noted everyone's name (Radek / Emmanuel) but they were all smiling and always helpful with anything. I had a late check at 4pm (SPG Gold) and even after I checked out, when the staff knew I would be only getting my night train at 9pm I was told to make use of the club lounge as long as I needed!

The room was big with a massive shower and all toiletries. There was a room safe that was easy to operate. The bed was comfy and I slept without waking up.

A great stay and am looking forward to coming back one day.

What a nightmare.

by TripAdvisor Member M108

We were going to Prague for our 20th anniversary and took great pains to find the right hotel. At the last minute we switched to the Sheraton because some friends decided to come at the last minute and they couldn't make reservations elsewhere.
What a nightmare.
We took great pains with Sheraton reservations - let them know about our anniversary, confirmed that we wanted a Junior Suite (as we wanted a separate sitting room), exchanged emails with hotel's reservation staff, received picture of the room, confirmed everything.
Got there, and were shown a completely different room with no sitting area that looked out over the kitchen's vents and with air/heat that was not working (for $7,250 CZ per night!).
Immediately went back to check-in and let them know that this was not a Junior Suite, not what we confirmed. Never seen such intractable staff - they maintained it was a suite. I had to show them the picture and point out that we had no sitting room, no sofa, etc. After a lengthly discussion they finally agreed they made a mistake. Why it took ten minutes for them to admit it I will never know.
So we had to stay in the dank room for a night since there were no suites. We moved the next day. Service through the 5 nights was totally inconsistent. We got coffee for the room's coffee maker one day, but not the next. Milk one day, not the next. Qtips one day not the next. When I asked for qtips to be replaced we received 2 dozen bottles of shampoo. None of the room's phones worked.
At the end of the trip we asked if we would not be getting some kind of credit for the first night - why would we pay for a suite when we didn't have one. Once again, management was intractable (I think lacked Western sensibility regarding hotel management), and we were told we had to pay the same price.
We asked to speak to the manager, got the Assistant Manager, and invested about 15 mins of our time having a really pleasant conversation about how, regardless of the bill, if Sheraton wanted to attract Western/Starwoods cliental then the hotel needed to improve its service. Until they get it together I would stay somewhere else for sure - and this coming from a rock-solid Starwoods Preferred Guest.

Fantastic - best birthday ever.

by TripAdvisor Member happytraveller0609

My friend and I have just returned from Prague having stayed at the Sheraton, Charles Square for 4 nights. From the moment we arrived the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My case had been delayed in Amsterdam and nothing was too much trouble. The porter kept an eye out for my case which was being deliverd by taxi later that evening and the moment it arrived came to find me to let me know, check that it was mine and immediately took it to our room.
Axel and Abdo in the bar were fantastic offering to get me things in case my things didn't arrive that evening.
We couldn't fault a single thing! The room was very spacious and the beds are so comfortable - heaven.
Directions and recommendations from Filipe were excellent.
Thank you to everyone who made my birthday a memory that I will never forget.
Vivienne Martindale and Kate Reeves.

Needs Serious Work

by TripAdvisor Member genomesolutions

This is a new hotel and needs serious work if it aims to become a business or a world class hotel. The staff is very inexperienced. I am a gold member and upon checking in the upgrade offered was the "SPG Floor"! That is NOT an upgrade. I called back and asked for a paid upgrade and the agent may have checked, realized their error and eventually offered an upgraded room (still no lounge access). The bell staff was obliging but took him 10 mins to find my room as he said “he was new” so we were on a grand tour of the hotel till he found my room. OK next, I don’t know how people are raving about their concierge Phillip, but I think he is perhaps the most inexperienced concierge I have dealt with. The first night he recommended a restaurant that was full of American tourists (probably from the Sheraton!). The food was awful (NOTHING Czech about it) and the waiter demanded a 20% tip as he said that was normal in the US!! The next night he suggested a restaurant and upon reaching there I found out that it had CLOSED down! Not for the night but permanently! And this was at 10:30 in the night. NOT an effective concierge. I told him about both these experiences and got a shrug. Even in Paris, the service is more efficient. And don’t even bother asking him about bar etc suggestions as he is neither keen or knowledgeable about it (and to think this is Prague!!).

The housekeeping did not make up my room until 4PM each day and I had to call 2-3 times to get it cleaned. This is entirely too ineffective for business travelers. The internet was perpetually down and for 3 days they could not figure out how to open my phone line for local calls – had to use SKYPE!!

After speaking to the concierge Re all this in passing, the manager did call me and to make up for the troubles, offered access to the lounge at 7PM (it closes at 8PM)!! Are you kidding me? of course I declined and that was it!

The Location is OK, and they may have a chance at attracting business travelers if they get their act together. I will not be going back to this place again. It’s back to the Hilton.

Its all about the service!

by TripAdvisor Member austinUsa

We stayed at the Sheraton Charles Square for 4 wonderful nights. We knew the hotel was recently refurbished so our expectation weren't high, the perfect location was enough. We were however very wrong! our stay was marvelous! the hotel is superb, we were upgraded to a junior sweet which was wonderful.... along with a 42" TV. But the outstanding thing that made our trip memorable was the perfect and attentive service we received from everyone we came in contact with from the hotel: the receptionists, the concierge (who got us great tickets to the "Laterna Magica") the staff of the dining room..... truly exceptional. The food was great as well and factor in the great weather we had, we had a perfect and memorable vacation. We would recomend this hotel without blinking and are looking forward to returning soon!

Great bed, small rooms

by TripAdvisor Member fnct

This hotel is only a few months open. It is still working out issues related to room workings and hotel staff. For the most part the staff is helpful and attentive. The beds are fantastic. The rooms are very variable and our was fairly small. The rooms are clean and have all amenities. Good bathroom. The lobby is very simple. Free access to computers in the lobby. The location is about a 15 minute walk to old town. Also very convenient to the metro. Good breakfast including eggs made to order.

Needs Work

by TripAdvisor Member njtraveler156

An obviously new hotel that still smells like fresh paint. The lobby is very modern with free internet access.

The bar is modern but slow service

The breakfast area is good, but coffee refills are hard to come by and omlet service is spotty.

We had a room on the 8th floor with a full side of the room full of windows overlooking the courtyard. We came back to our room to find the ac was leaking in the entry way. They made us move to another room on the 5th floor that was much smaller with a single window overlooking an alley way. The bathroom was much smaller and the details in the room were not complete. The TV was poorly positioned in both rooms.

One of the days we came back to the room at 3:30 and the bed was still not made.

Our bags were supposed to be brought down to the lobby on departure. They took the bags from the room next door, but not our bags.

Overall, the hotel is in a great location, the hotel is modern, but the rooms were smaller than expected and the service was inconsistent.

The concierge was helpful during our stay.

Be wary of the park on the street below the hotel, it is known to have prostitute activity and other unsavory characters.

The bar next door is a waste of time.

Outstanding Service

by TripAdvisor Member ColeyCalifornia

This hotel is brand new-very modern and edgey. The rooms were spacious. The concierge, Flip, was the most helpful conciere we ever encountered.

Our room 101, view towards the doorOur room 101, view towards the door

ParksParks

Skoda 120 in the old streets of PragueSkoda 120 in the old streets of Prague

Kristen and LynnKristen and Lynn

Currency Conversion

by jburks1

I'm heading to Europe in a month and was curious about currency conversion. I've done it all, transfered through my bank, the ATM, and currnency converter locations in whatever town I was visiting. I've thought about changing money online, but was curious as to what many of you believe would be the best way to save conversion charges, etc. With the $ so low against the Euro, I need the best rate possible. Also, please know that I will be in the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Austria; three countries . . . three currencies. As much advice as possible would be most appreciated. Johnny

Re: Currency Conversion

by nicolaitan

There are only two banks in the US with completely fee-free debit cards, First Republic and Commerce bank. Saves 3 ormore percent on every transaction. We found ATM machines conveniently in airports ( four in the baggage claim in Prague ), train stations, and most everywhere else. And store owners are more than glad to direct you to the nearest machine most everywhere at least in Hungary and the Czech Republic where we visited.

Re: Currency Conversion

by Mikebb

Hi, I do not think there is any way to overcome currency exchange, its a cost of travel, I normally use ATM. If you want to reduce costs which will far outweight currency conversion costs you can save a bundle by eating at local restaurants a few streets back from the tourist precinct. I got nicely ripped off at a retaurant in the Old Town Square.

Good Luck,