The Castle Steps

Nerudova 7, Prague, 118 00, Czech Republic

Otel.com

• mdarcan's Profile Photo

Could be a better stay...

I would like to write my likes and dislikes about The Castle Steps Hotel...

Likes:
    - Staff was very informative before the stay. They replied mails very fast.
    - The location of the hotel is perfect for a tourist. Just a few minutes of walk to Prague Castle, Charles Bridge and Clock Tower.

Dislikes:
    - There was no shampoo in the bathroom. And surprise, there was no shampoo in the market across the street. Which tourist carries his/her own shampoo on vacation?
    - There was something wrong with the heater. I couldn't figure out what makes the heater start and stop. I set the heat level, turn it on and the heater starts or stops whenever it wants to. During the night it was freezing for couple hours and boling for couple hours. It was really annoying.
    - The bed was noisy and uncomfortable.
    - There was wifi without an internet connection. You can hook up to wifi but internet was not accessable.

These are my likes and dislikes so far as i remember from the hotel.

• jburks1's Profile Photo

Castle Steps Apartments

On Nerudova Street, near the Prague Castle you'll find the Castle Steps Apartments. We found the accomodations on the internet and were totally pleased with the apartment and the location. Nerudova is a busy street many visitors travel as they walk to the Prague Castle. It's a popular area with lots of restaurants that serve pretty good food. We had two rooms, a kitchenette with refrigerator, and a loft for the kids to use at night.

Unique Quality: Outside entrance that requires a key or you can use the Intercom, all of which make the apt. quite safe. At their main office on the same street, they have three computers for guests to use during the day.

Directions: Nerudova Street near Saint Nicholas Church

• Best value in Prague

I saw this place on the Travel Channel and am amazed that so many guide books have missed it. This is why it is such good value.

We stayed in a suite with a gorgeous view over the park. We were just next to the castle and only a few minutes' away from Charles Bridge. The people were friendly and helpful (which is rare in Prague) and they went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

Unique Quality: One of the best views in the whole of Prague
    Painted wooden ceiling
    Very pleasant staff

Directions: In the centre of Mala Strana, the historical part of Prague.

• Best value in Prague

Unique Quality: One of the best views in the whole of Prague
    Painted wooden ceiling
    Very pleasant staff

Directions: In the centre of Mala Strana, the historical part of Prague.

More about The Castle Steps

Castle steps stay Sept 2007

by TripAdvisor Member TravellerfromCowtown

stayed there for 3 days in Sept 2007

pros
very central, clean, huge room, good breakfast, washer and dryer facility, staff looked after all of our needs quickly

cons
noisy, shared bathroom (therefore wait times can be a problem), breakfast was not located on premisis and was a short walk away, shared fridge

Up and down the steps!

by TripAdvisor Member madkathy

My husband and I stayed at The Castle Steps in Aug 07. We were met at the airport and transferred to our property by taxi and met by Castle Steps staff. We had booked Willow appartment a two roomed appartment in a building a short way from the main offices.
I must say it looked better on the website than in real life. The appartment was very clean but the bathroom was miniscule, we were also on a very noisy busy road. During the second day extensive building work started which involved removing plaster from the outside walls JUST BELOW OUR WINDOW!!! The pneumatic drill was awful and dust was everywhere.
I was on the phone pronto and the next day we were moved to the main building down the street to a much nicer, bigger room with sitting out area. In praise of the staff they were very apologetic and quick to act however, they DID KNOW this work would start and did not think to tell us.
I would stay at castle steps again as it is very clean, has helpful staff and located centrally, however please make sure you are in the main building where the offices are as this is much nicer and rooms not facing the road are quiet.
Forget the breakfast unless you are vegan, cooked breakfasts can be bought all over very reasonably or buy nice bread etc from the mini mart near Charles bridge a few mins walk away.

Great find!

by TripAdvisor Member kaplotz

We spent three nights at the Castle Steps in Aug of 2007, and loved it. The location of the apartment we stayed in (Poplar) was very centrally located to everything in Prague, allowing us to walk all over this amazing city. The Poplar apartment is at the top of 67 steps, so be prepared to climb, but it's clean, quiet and perfect for a couple. The staff at The Castle Steps was incredibly helpful with everything, including suggestions on where to eat (you must check out the Cuban restaurant in town). The breakfast is simple, but just enough, and the ability to connect to the real world via the free internet is nice.
The only complaint my husband and I had was that there wasn't a radio or tv in the room. A radio would have been nice if you were just relaxing in the room for a bit.
I would stay here again and reccommed it to everyone I know!

Wonderful service!

by TripAdvisor Member jogher83055

Just returned from Praha and stayed in the Castle Steps for 8 nights.We found the accomodations delightful. We stayed in the Cedar Apts. and had a two bedroom with a bathroom. The location was centrally located on a quaint street. We enjoy walking so we did not mind the hilly terrain to breakfast. The staff went up and beyond to suit our needs in a timely fashion.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member 1uke

We stayed at the Castle Steps for 2 nights in Aug 07. We were located close to the castle and about a 5-6 min walk from where breakfast was served. We were in the The Rhododendron Suite

The rooms were massive and we shared a bath room with one other room. Everything was nice and clean.

They organised a taxi for us from the airport and met us at their office and then walked us to the room. All very straight forward.

Breakfast was simple but substantial.

I would stay here again if I went back to Prague.

Excellent B&B (Tulip Room)

by TripAdvisor Member culture-hip

This is my second time in Prague. The first time I visited, I attempted to make (last minute) reservations at Castle Step. No luck! This time, I planned the trip in advance, and had the pleasure to stay in Castle Steps' Tulip Room.

The room is small , I must say. However, it was the right size for my sister and I. Cozy, clean, and quiet. Shared bathroom & shower with another guest room. However, during our 3 night stay, only one morning we had to wait for the shower.

On our last night, we stayed in the Embassy Room. Huge room! However, the windows face the street, and noice can be a problem if you're a light-sleeper. Shared bathroom & shower (some renovations needed). However, the rates offset these 2 minor issues.

The location is perfect. Literally steps from the Castle. I also prefer this side of the city (Mala Strana) over the "newer" part across Charle's bridge. To me, it seems safer and quiet.

The breakfast was kosher and continental. Variety of breads, juices, teas, cereals, soy milk, coffee, jams, and fruit. The down point is that the breakfast hall is a good 6 min walk (uphill) from Castle Steps main office. However, only minutes from the Castle. So, if you're headed there first thing in the morning, it's convenient. On the other hand, you have internet access in the breakfast room. There's about 7 computers. So, usually there's none to little wait time. This is a plus for any traveler!

Management is hospitable and fluent in English. Hats off to Martina. She was exceptionally helpful and efficient. We had to extend our stay another night due to unexpected changes in travel plans. Martina was able to find lodging on a same-day notice. Overall, I could only say great things about the management team.

Highly recommend Castle Steps.

Prague Castle StepsPrague Castle Steps

Castle Steps Apartments

by jburks1

Anyone familiar with the Castle Steps Apartments in Prague? I'm looking into staying their in July '08. Johnny

Re: Castle Steps Apartments

by packtarl

Hi. These apartments are in several different buildings on the castle side of the river as the name implies. They are a "better class" of accomodation and this is reflected in the cost.Personally I prefer to stay on the other side of the river as almost everything else of interest except the castle is on that side including the bustling centre with all its shops/bars etc. That said, its not too long a walk across Charles Bridge or there is the metro or tram if they are nearby. Be aware that some very good hotel accomodation is available in Prague for much lower rates than the Castle Steps but if you want really upmarket accomodation then go ahead.

Comments