Roman Pesta, Uvoz 8/168, Prague, 118 00, Czech Republic
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

More about Prague

Anyone for tennis?Anyone for tennis?

Prague CastlePrague Castle

Wenceslas SquareWenceslas Square

Naprstek museumNaprstek museum

Travel by Bus from Prague to Vienna

by janetchan81

Hi,

My sister and I are planning a trip to Prague & Vienna in May. We intend to spend 3days in Prague and travel the night bus (Student agency) to Vienna and spend another 3 days in Vienna before flying back to UK.

Can I check with you is the scenary beautiful when travelling by bus from Prague to Vienna? We feel that night bus might be alittle tiring. Hence, we are considering taking the day bus if the scenary along the way is beautiful.

Secondly, what is the temperature like in Prague and Vienna in Mid May?

Thirdly, if we take the night bus. We might have to wait at Florenc bus station from 10pm to 12midnight. Is Florenc bus station a safe waiting place? As one of us is pregnant, we need to be more careful regarding safety issue.

Thanks in advance for replies :)

Chan

by leics

I can't speak for the scenery, but travelling somwehere new is always fascinating. I'd take the daytime bus every time for that reason.

Overnight bus travel is exhausting anyway, and is really not a good idea if you are pregnant (if it can be avoided). Bus and railway stations everywhere are not particularly pleasant places late at night.

will give you an idea of May weather in Prague and

for Vienna. Weather is not predictable, of course, so it is best to check nearer your travel date on, for example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/54 for Vienna

and http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/55 for Prague.

by Dabs

I agree with the previous poster, most bus stations are pretty seedy at night, if you are a couple of women, you may encounter problems late at night. How long is the overnight bus journey? I've only done that once (London to Paris) and it was one of the most uncomfortable night of my life. I didn't get a wink of sleep and the guy in front of me reclined so far back that he was in my lap. Add to that in your case that your sister is pregnant and I think it makes for a very unpleasant journey. If the bus is your only option, I'd probably go for the day bus.

Have you looked into the train? It would be a more comfortable option and I suspect quite a bit quicker although likely more expensive. Our train was 4 1/2 hours, last summer it was 40E including seat reservation. You can check train schedules here:

by r13

Hi,

Scenery on the route is not really exciting. There are some nice parts, but basically it is just highway trough the fields.

Florenc terminal is really run down (undergoing complete reconstruction right now). I don't think you rally risk to be attacked/harmed but surroundings are quite depressing and facilities not really adequate.

Be aware that you have to change bus in Brno - buses are scheduled to have interval 15 minutes, station is very small so the distance between the buses is just few steps.

Travel Tips for Prague

Everywhere is a place of a...

by efip

Everywhere is a place of a living fairytale so really just stroll around the old town mainly and grasp the moment!When visiting Prague you must spent a night to see DON GIOVANNI;S opera with puppets!!!! Walking along the Karolos bridge either late at night or early in the morning!

Here you are atop ancient...

by Jillworld

Here you are atop ancient Charles Bridge. I have heard it called an 'open-air gallery' as it is lined with many sculptures of saints. This bridge crosses the Vltava and connects the Old Town with the Lesser Town. You will find many great photos for sale in Prague, especially along this bridge. Many of the photos feature Charles bridge, looking mystical and isolated, swirling with fog etc. etc. I suggest you purchase one (I did!), as there were so many tourists at this site (even in low season) it was very difficult to get a clear shot of anything.

Taking picture of the picture taker

by dinhyen

As I packed up and was about to move on, large-format guy showed up with his view camera and carbon-fiber Gitzo tripod. I felt pretty good because a pro was shooting from the same spot I just shot from a little earlier. Then I felt bad because I realized he'd be making a lot of money and I wouldn't :(

Unbelievable

by shivan

This is unbelievable.

I show it as well because I want you to ask how an architect could ever think to build such a monster in a town like Prague and how a major could ever allow him to do such a sacrilege.

Yours is the response, I don't have it

Maltese Square

by sandysmith

Just behind Na Kampe is the quiet odd shaped Maltese Square -with its embassy of course. There are some nice restaurants and pubs here as well as the grand buildings and fountain in the centre. Just nearby is the Church of our Lady beneath the Chain. This is the oldest church in the Little Quarter - being founded in the 12th century. Churches sem to have such odd names here but this one reflects that there was a chain in the Middle Ages to close off the monastery gatehouse. The church was presented to the Knights of St John (the Maltese Order). This is reflected in the lovely portal and gate of the chuch - please enlarge pic to see the detail of the knights on the grille work and the maltese cross above the door.

Comments