The Iron Gate Hotel & Suites

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Blondiina's Profile Photo

Affordable luxury

Hotel Iron Gate is a 5 star hotel on a quiet location right in the middle of old town and has 43 apartments/suites around a small courtyard. The rooms are huge, just the lounge of our room was the size of a normal hotel room. Our room, a royal studio, had a beautiful centuries old painted ceiling, a kitchen with a fridge (which was also a surprisingly reasonably priced minibar), coffee maker and a microwave, two (!!!) big bathrooms and a lounge area. It was very clean and comfortable and there was even a separate climate control for kitchen and lounge/sleeping area. Due to the location of the hotel, the room was very quiet and it was hard to believe that you were in the middle of the town.

The hotel had a lovely cafe were breakfast was served. The breakfast spread was quite small, but very varied. You didn't actually miss anything, because you could also order for example bacon and eggs if the buffet wasn't quite enough. The cafe was also a nice place to have lunch or a snack with great salads, crepes and icecreams.

The hotel provides wireless internet connection in all its rooms and there is also a dvd-player in each rooms and the reception has a selection of movies to watch. They also have an internet room, which guests can enter with their key.

Service was polite and friendly for the most part and the porters especially were very chatty. Even when I booked our accommodation the service was quick and we also got the non-smoking room, which we requested.

Unique Quality: Our winter saver package was excellent value. We paid 630 EUR for 4 nights in a huge royal studio, received glasses of champagne to our room on arrival and the package also included nice airport transportation in a luxury Mercedes and a fantastic 3-course meal in the nearby restaurant U Modre Kachnicky.

All in all, I think Iron Gate is a great little hotel and I would stay there again without a doubt.

More about The Iron Gate Hotel & Suites

Great small hotel

We stayed at the Iron Gate Hotel for 4 nights during August. It was much more than we expected. The room on the second floor was big and confortable, the service was excellent, the stuff was polite and helpful and breakfast was great. The location of the hotel is the best in Prague - one minute walk from the town square- yet in a quit alley. Most recommended!!

Superb Location

The suites are very spacious and beautiful. Security was very good and the location cannot be any better. It's literally a few steps away from Stare Mesto and Wencelas Square.

I will certainly stay at the Iron Gate Hotel again.

excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cubist

We stayed at the Iron Gate for 5 nights in August and were very impressed. The location is ideal(1 1/2 minutes from the Old Town Square) and yet on a quiet side street.Virtually all the sights we wanted to see were within easy walking distance.We were upgraded to a wonderful 2 level suite with 2 bathrooms which was very much appreciated. We also found the staff to be very friendly and helpful The breakfast buffet was excellent .
I would strongly recommend the hotel

superb location

by TripAdvisor Member msrockhopper

This hotel may not live up to everyones expectation of a 5 star Hotel but for location and sheer charm you can,t go wrong. Literally on the doorstep is the old town square and wencelasas square only 2 minutes walk away. The inner courtyard is a real haven away from the crowded streets and at no time did anything seem too much trouble for any of the staff.Also of note to any Veggies is that Pragues main veggie restaurant and health food shop is opposite the Hotel! Pragues best italian restaurant 'KOGO' is only around the corner too....give this hotel a try!!!! ps our room was very secure and we never felt at risk at any time.

iron gate

by TripAdvisor Member frederika

every thing about this hotel was great....we changed from the four seasons because this was a more central location and felt more Czech. It is an old modernized Czech hotel, just off the famous square. We could see the rooftops of the city from our large bedrooms.....actually we had two different room types, our boys shared a twin room with iron beds, and ours was a suite with two floors a spiral staircase to the bedroom area. The bathrooms were wonderful, and had lots of lovely Bulgari product. The service was excellent, and the location was perfect,as most of the great restaurants and bars were within a five minute walk. we celebrated Xmas and New year 05 there with our three teenage children

Location and great rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Joey965

Stayed at the Iron Gate last month and loved it. The location is outstanding as it is in the center of Old Town. Our suite was huge, with a full kitchen and even 2 bathrooms, one of which had a whirlpool tub. It is an old, historic building that was completely remodeled a few years ago. Staff was great as they went out of their way to help us locate our lost luggage. We got a special where you bought 3 nights and got the fourth free. It also included daily breakfast, all taxes and transportation to and from the airport. Concierge was very helpful in setting up itineraries for our daily sightseeing adventuries. Will definitely stay here again.

Iron Gate is a winner

by TripAdvisor Member Harley226

I traveled here in October, 2005, with my wife, parents, and aunt and uncle. We were most happy with our choice.

The hotel has perfect location, impeccable and friendly service, large, beautiful, and comfortable rooms - I was most impressed by all aspects of the Iron Gate.

Everything is as described - the old building lovingly restored, the suites with original (restored) painted walls and ceilings, art nouveau and art deco furniture.

The hotel is one minute from Old Town Square on a mostly pedestrian street with some of the nicer shops in the touristy central area of Prague.

We were extremely happy with this choice.

Robbed as well!!!

by TripAdvisor Member breakers

I can't believe what I'm reading . I was just checking the reviews on this hotel and noticed other people had been robbed as well. I was missing several items in our room including a very expensive fur piece. The manager treated me as if I were the theif. I had told him the housekeeper had just left with a pile of sheets and my items must have been rapped up in the sheets. I had just been to the room before she left and right after. It could have only been her. More disturbing was the $2,900. overcharge for the room. I had paid at check-in and they said they never were paid. I was so lucky to have kept the reciept, which I had them mark on paid in cash with a signature. I'm so thankful I requested that and when I presented the reciept he wasn't to happy. I would never stay in this hotel again. We had a suite, one of the largest and they would not even replace the toilettries and the room was very dusty. I suppose the housekeepers are busy with more important prospects then cleaning!!!

Fantastic!

We stayed here for our honeymoon and it was fantastic from start to finish. The location is brilliant - although it's a bit hard to find if you don't already know Prague - so quiet and yet in the centre of the city. The room was amazing and massive! The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the breakfast, but this was still reasonable and everything else was so fantastic you couldn't really complain!

Comments