Travellers Hostel

Dlouha 33, Prague 1, Prague, Bohemia, 110 00, Czech Republic

Satisfaction Average

• Be careful

Not recommended, because of safety problems. Probably some persons of staff are corrupted and work with stealer, providing info from video cameras if guest leave a room (e.g. just to visit facilities on the floor).

• joeyleecy's Profile Photo

Travellers Hostel

I booked the hostel online from this website: http://www.prague-hostels.cz/ and the response was fast.

Unique Quality: Generally the bedroom and the washroom are clean. Some of the staff at the reception are friendly but some are not.

Directions: About 10 - 15 mins walk from old town square.

• mbsimjam's Profile Photo

Great Locations

I have never stayed there, as I lived there, but friends did, and they enjoyed it thoroughly. They have a location on Kampa Island, near Old Town Sq, and one at Ujezd, which is at the foot of Petrin Park. They are clean and economical, and fun places to be.

Directions: At Kampa, Ujezd or near Staromestske Namesti

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Yeah, it's all true....

Ok, so IMO to be able to give a review on a hostel you have to explain a bit on what you consider to be your comfort level. I prefer non-party hostels that have comfortable beds and clean washrooms. There. Now, the review...

Travellers Hostel is located next to a big club. Hint #1 that people stay here to party. The lobby looks like a high school locker room. The price of a room is dirt cheap. This attracts a lot of younger people, to which this hostel most definitely caters to.

The rooms are decent sized and offer a basic bed. That's it. My room had a bed, one lamp, and one small table. Bathroom and showers are in a seperate room down the hallway and are generally clean. The morning breakfast is bread, yogurt and salami (just fine IMO).

Walls are paper thin and the people around you generally make a lot of noise into the night. While I was there some room had a party that started at 4am and went into the morning...

This is a party hostel. Those who like a party and to sociallize you've found your hostel.
    For those who like a quiet and relaxed place, my suggestion is to look elsewhere.

Unique Quality: There are two areas of rooms. The primary one is attached to the lobby. The second set of rooms is in the back and is accessed throught a dark corridor and old lift. Oh my, what things we do to save a few bucks ;)

• Lisbon-Valente's Profile Photo

EXCELLENT FOR BACKPACKERS

Great Hostel. Really good location, Staff cool, The rooms really clean, and the breakfast its enough :)

So i really recomend this hostel to anyone that could go to Praha city.

• My favourite hostel anywhere...

This was easily the most social and most fun hostel I've ever been to; I met some great people there and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were generally clean and the lockers were safe.

Overall, a very very good hostel!

• angelarm's Profile Photo

Party Central

I ran into some "old friends" at the Traveller's Hostel on Dlouha Street. A group of Aussies and Kiwis from the Stray Tour company whom I met at Treehouse in Grunau, Austria popped up in the bar there. Be aware that this is a heavily trafficked hostel with a dance club attached, so there will be noise late into the night!

Unique Quality: There's an in-house bar, a good place to just hang out and play board games. Here's a shot of a mean game of scrabble played by Paolo, me, and Ivana. There's a nightclub either attached or next door. At the end of a long day of sighteeing, I like a quiet bed. So for me, this might not have been the best choice. But it's in a central location and convenient to downtown and the historic sites.
    FYI-there is no curfew, there's 24 hour service, lockers for rent, internet access, and a front office with informational brochures and maps of the city.

Directions: Old Town, less than a kilometer from the town square and less than two kilometers from the Charles Bridge

• Stupid_Panda's Profile Photo

Awesome Place to Stay

Just got back from Prague and this hostel is great. it is about 4 or 5 euros per night, (280CZK) centrally located near tourist attraction like Charles Bridge, Nightclub next door, bar upstairs, laundry service, internet, and one of the better breakfasts included that I have ever had!
    I would definatly stay here again for sure, the staff is helpful and they even call a taxi to take you to the airport, for about 10 euros! In my time I have stayed at many places, and this by far was the most enjoyable hostel. ( the key to enjoyable hostel stay, is to ALWAYS remember that you ARE staying in a hostel, but that is the point)

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

Travellers Hostel-Prague

Well, again I stayed in this nice hostel, cheap, somehow clean and with very friendly staff as always Czech people can be of course. You pay room and key deposit that will be given to you after you leave if you dont loose it.

you have various types of rooms. from big dorm room with 12 people if im not wrong to one single room. I stayed on a triple room which was only occupied by one person... who had really bad dreams and screamed during the night, said bad words and got up the bed and went out side sleeping and was curiously saying 1000 words in one minute... while sleeping... *** that was scary hehehe

Unique Quality: You have breakfast included on the price. buffet type of breakfast. during the evenings you can go upstairs to the bar and chat with some backpackers also and have good time. upstairs on the bar you have insert coins type of internet access. you also have interent access on the entrance.
    the price is 400Ck (about 13 euros) plus 100Ck for the key deposit.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Traveller's Hostel Dhloua

People seem to love this place. I stayed there because it was my last night and my hostel didn't have rom for me, thus making me have to move. It's an odd place with a great location-literally steps from Old Town and the metro stop. But after staying in a room for two it was odd switching to a room for 28. People were coming and going at 3 in the morning, the place was as dark as a dungeon, and they must have a problem with thefts because there were signs all over the place telling us not to leave our items unattended. I didn't need to use the kitchen since I only stayed one night, but it didn't look like much. It was very tiny. I was able to rent an alarm clock and a towel, however, which came in handy. And if I was the partying type there was a hopping club called the Roxy next door that seemed to stay open all night. It wasn't a terrible experience, but it wasn't the best ever. The prices were good and the location good, but that was about it. I probably wouldn't stay there again.

Unique Quality: Prices start at 9 euros a night for the 28 person dorm room. The 7th night is free.

Directions: From the Main Train Station -take a tram no. 5 direction center for 3 stops, get off at Dlouha Trida stop, and across the street to the left, you will be on Dlouha street and our hostel is after 150 m on the right hand side, next to the Roxy club.

• You can find a better one

Our room is in the 5th floor of back building. From the reception, you must go through a dark and smelly yard, it's more like a garbage room. Then take the only-2-people old suspect elevator. The first floor is a Chinese restaruant, so the greasy smell is full of elevator waiting area and inside elevator.
    The worst things were No Hot Water in male bathroom, No light and blocked drain in female bathroom. The next morning, we saw someone was repairing the light. But we decided to give up three-day deposit and leave. Thank God! We only paid one-night cost.

The bed and room was clean. The buffet breakfast was good. But I am pretty sure you can find a better hostel in Prague, like Apple hostel (The gate and elevator looks good, but no more room for us) or Hostel Ritchie's
    (this was where we stayed for last three days)

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo

Cheap and Central

The Dlouha Traveller's Hostel is a really good option if you don't want to spend much money, but still stay right in the city center. It's a huge place in an old residential house, a 5min walk from the Old Town square. A bed is cheap, 8€ incl. breakfast, the rooms are basic, but clean, and so are the shared bathrooms. There are lockers and a bar. The friendly staff speaks English and German.

Directions: Old Town

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo

Not the best hostel Ive stayed in!

When we arrived it was late and all I wanted was to head to bed! First of all the guy working in reception couldnt find our reservation, although I had called a few hours previous to advise them that we would be late! Eventually he gave up, crossed someone elses name out, said they wont arrive now and sent us off with the key!
    I asked where breakfast was held and he said I dont know, ask your fellow roommates!*

Unique Quality: The part of the hostel which we stayed in was not in the main hostel building....I wish it was because that looked really nice and clean and tidy, the bathrooms over there were good too!

No we were put into another building about 100 metres up the road, we had trouble finding it at first, when we did we had to walk through a p***y smelling courtyard which was completley unlit and up 4 flights of stairs to reach our room.
    If I was travelling alone, I would not have stayed here under any circumstances!

It was clean though, the bathrooms were very basic, but the beds were cosy.

Breakfast was brilliant, cold meats, bread,jam and coffee served in the kitchen.

There is a bar here and internet access which is chargeable.*

• Eszter's Profile Photo

300 meters from Old Town Square

Pension Dlouha (newly opened in 1997) is ideally located in the center of the Old Town of Prague, only 300 meters from the Old Town Square.
    There are two-, three-, and four-bedded rooms and dormitories.
    Pension services: breakfast included, kitchen, laundry, luggage room, meeting room with bar, TV, internet access and email service.

Directions: street Dlouha starts at Old Town Square (Starormestske namesti), the Travellers Hostel is at the corner of Dlouha and Rybna.

• tzuki's Profile Photo

In the very centre of Prague!

Sharing room with another 12 people, was really nice and funny!
    Also the Travellers Hostel in Prague is sited in the centre and it is very close to pubs and bars, so great fun at night!

The staff working at the hostel was very kind and helpful and also they advice us to go to Cesky Krumlov as a place to visit at South of Czech Republic.

Unique Quality: Hot showers and mix toilets.
    Good breakfast in the morning INCLUDED.
    Big rooms and confortable.

Comments