Tuchlovice Hotel

Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Prague

Babies clambering over the Zizkov TV towerBabies clambering over the Zizkov TV tower

HradcanyHradcany

Coloured/decorated housesColoured/decorated houses

Municpal houseMunicpal house

taking pictures

by doubledachsie

Hello!
I've heard that taking pictures of a lot of buildings in Prague is forbidden. Does someone here knows more about this? Are there certain rules?

Thanks in advance!

Monique.

by Lunaina

I took pictures of all the buildings, didn't notice that it is not allowed... cannot believe that either,

by leics

I didn't encounter any problems on either of my two visits. I think what you have heard may be incorrect.

There may well be restrictions on taking photographs inside certain buildings e.g. the parts of the castle or museums (or you may have to pay for a permit), and tripods are often not allowed in such places.

But for exterior shots (and those inside e.g. churches) I did not encounter any restrictions at all.

by LoriPori

I agree with Leics. We went to Prague and took lots of pictures of the wonderful buildings. We did however have to get a photo permit to take pictures inside certain buildings though. So about being forbidden, I really don't think so.

by Gili_S

Maybe those were the old rules of ČSSR times. Today's you will see millions hanging around the taking photos of just about everything. However, if it is police or military building, I avoid taking photos no matter where I am.

by GrumpyDiver

Again, I agree with the others, I don't think there was any building that prohibited taking pictures on the inside. The only place that I saw a no photography sign was at the old Jewish cemetary.

by muratkorman

Just returned from Prague and we took hundreds of pictures from many buildings. No such rules exist anymore I guess.

by fossettes

For some wonderful photos in Prague, get up early and head to the Charles Bridge before the vendors set up. I arrived at about 7 am, there was a lovely fog and only a few pedestrians on the bridge. They are by far my best pictures in Prague!

by doubledachsie

Thanks very much for your answers! Now I know I can safely take my camera with me ;).

Monique.

by nicolaitan

we took innumerable pictures in the jewish cemetery and jewish district with no interference or question whatever.

by Michalnov

It is a complete bullsh... . Sorry for using rude word but, believe me, you can take a picture of anything, of the presidential escort if you meet them...

by nicolaitan

thanks for creating a new membership to offer your expertise to us.

Travel Tips for Prague

Attractions,sites and museums closes around 16.00

by tan1415

This is really important information. Somehow it slipped pass me and the consequences were quite significant.
Take this closing time into account when planning your day.

To maximise your days in Prague. Catch an early start.9/10 am start is good enough.You will have 5/6 hours to see the sights. (Taking into account 1 hour for lunchbreaks and rests).Depending on your endurance this could be alot or too little time. Just take this into account.

After 16.00 the day of course has not ended..but than this is a good time to really wander and explore the city or catch a good rest with a power nap. After 1800 you can go out and see some shows, do some shopping(Most closest at 2000 or even 2200) and of course get some dinner.

Wierd!!!!!

by bugalugs

If you wander into the Lucerna Pasaz shopping mall you will see this statue of a dead horse hanging upside down, its tongue hanging on, and sitting astride it is supposed to be St Wenceslas. This statue was done by a David Cerny, who apparently has done other strange statues.
Not my idea of art by any means.
The mall has restaurants, bars, cafes, shops and a cinema and is located at 31 Stepanska

Stroke the dog and make a wish!

by Pete_Barnett

When passing over Charles Bridge, it is a local custom to stop at the statue of St. John Nepomuk and make a wish. There are two brass panels beneath the statue, one of which shows a mother and child protected by a soldier (with someone being thrown off the bridge) and the other depicts soldier and his dog. It is custom to make a wish whilst touching the panel for your wish to come true. I will let you know in due course if it works!

Ice Hockey tickets in Prague

by Eugenetheduck

Tickets for home games of HC SLAVIA PRAHA ice hockey team in SAZKA ARENA can be ordered via internet but must be paid for the next day at a Sazka POS in CZ - these are everywhere in Prague, look for a SAZKA sign at tabaks, newsagents, corner stores. Fast food is available inside Sazka..and beer of course.

Remember Jan Palach ....

by Ben-UK

In Wenceslas Square, you will find the small memorial for Jan Palach, who burned himself to death in January, 1969 in protest against the Soviet occupation of Czechoslovakia. The memorial is in the ground near the end of a flower bed, approximately 100 metres from the statue of King Wenceslas.

Comments