Hybernska 42, Praha 1, Prague, Bohemia, 11000, Czech Republic

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 41% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Shari22's Profile Photo

Good hotel for the price

The desk staff were very friendly upon arrival. We got in early so our room wasn't ready yet but they held our luggage and suggested a walk to town for some coffee and sightseeing before the hectic tourist crowds arrive. We took their advice and were very happy we did. Our room was clean and perfect for our needs. They offered free internet in the main lobby which was useful. The hotel on one of the major avenues and about a 10 minute walk to the city center, which we didn't find as inconvenient as we thought it would be. Overall, we were pleased with our stay here.

• Very Handy

This was a very pleasant hotel.

I stayed a couple of years ago, it is not right in the centre but is only a short walk in, with pubs en route.

Bar is nice but wasnt 24hr when i was there

Room spacious and clean

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

~ Luxrious & Spacious Rooms ~

This was a fantastic hotel in an excellent location close to the Old Town of Prague. It was also close to the Metro station for easy access to and from the airport.
    The rooms are very spacious with a living area and seats for you to relax with a drink and watch tv at night. Bathroom was very large with a separate bath and jacuzzi and a shower.

The service was great at the hotel too, staff were welcomming and friendly and were never pushy for tips like some places ive been to. The hotel was really easy to find when we got off the metro. A map is always handy.

Breakfast time was very varied with lots of choice, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, freshly squeezed juice. Cooked breakfast, toast, cereals, you name it. The hotel had something to suit all tastes. The hotel bar was very cheap too. Beer only costing 50 CZK for a bottle which filled a pint glass.

Unique Quality: The best thing about the hotel was the rooms, we had a suite and a nice large double bed with a sofa and two chairs in the room with a small table. The room had a large mirror which was great when you were getting ready to go out for the evening to look at your clothes. There were lovely silk curtains in the room which looked smart and luxrious.

I really liked the bathroom too, a nice big bath with jacuzzi option on it too...very relaxing after a long day walking around Prague. Large mirror all around the room and bathroom. I also liked the fact that the hotel provided your room with a free safe to use too.

The only thing id say that lets the hotel down is the view from the rooms. With it being on the outskirts of the town, there is just a view of the busy roads. Other than that i would still recommend this hotel to anyone looking for luxury accommodation in an excellent location. It is within 5 minutes walk from the main town of Prague.

• Excellent value for money!

Extremely satisfied with the facilities! Recently refurbished, excellent and spacious rooms, very convenient location.

Buffet breakfast is more than satisfactory, although it is served in a windowless and relatively small area.

The hotel is located near the centre, but the street leading to it can be a bit dark and looks a bit scary at night.

• doogienj's Profile Photo

Good value

I picked this hotel based on the location, and for a reasonable price. I booked it through Hotels.com and for a rate of $97 per night.

The location is very good. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the Old Town Square. A few minutes shorter to the closest subway stations.

There are not that many large hotel chains in Prague. You have the Hilton, and Marriott, but neither is located smack downtown. Only the Four Seasons really is. There are a lot of small hotels in the city center.

The room itself was very nice, no luxury, but just what you needed. The bathroom was nice and large, with a big tub.

Unique Quality: Frequent flyer miles with a ton of partners. Minibar, which is not that common these days.

Directions: Walking distance to Old Town Square and Na Prikope shopping street.

More about Tulip Inn Prague Terminus

Very Nice Hotel - Tulip Inn Prague Terminus

by TripAdvisor Member loobyloo79

My boyfriend and I stayed here from the 6th - 9th November 2005. We found it to be a great hotel, the staff were friendly, although we did walk past the entrance on arrival (it's not obvious!!!!) There are quite a few steps to the reception so probably not suitable for people with mobility problems.
Our room(610)was cosy, not huge, but big enough for us (and a king size bed) and was very clean and tidy. We were on the 7th floor and so had velux windows but they let in loads of light. The bathroom was great, and spotless, clean towels everyday.
Breakfast is served in a basement room, but it is not dark and there is plenty of food, with once again helpful staff. There was hot and cold breakfasts available. The lobby bar was nice, not too expensive and the barman spoke good English.
The hotel seemed to have a good mix of nationalities staying there.
We felt that the hotel was just the right distance from town, we walked to Old Town Square in about 15 minutes (and I am not a fast walker). The area around the hotel was a bit more, well, not run down, just not touristy I guess, but we felt safe and not out of place.
All in all a great hotel, probably not the place to stay if you want to spend lots of time in your hotel, and want a hotel with lots of extras, but a brilliant and comfortable base to explore from.
We booked our room through hotelsczech.com and got a rate of £45 per night inc. breakfast and taxes. The hotel said they would match this rate as well.
We caught the Cedaz minibus from the airport to the centre and walked the 5 mins to the hotel and did the reverse coming back, it was very easy.
One other thing, we ate at different places and would have to recommend Ebel Coffee Shops, Red Hot and Blues and especially 'Rustica', the Italian around the corner from the hotel - it was fantastic and cheap.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, we would stay there again.

Tulip Inn Prague Terminus a very good (and pleasant) value for the money

by TripAdvisor Member horse2hound4

My son and I stayed at the Tulip Inn over the Thanksgiving holiday week (while visiting a daughter who is living and working in Prague). I had booked the hotel via Expedia. We were very pleased with our stay (in fact, for the money, I'd place this between above average and excellent). It is true that the hotel is on a busy street, but with a street-side fourth floor room, we heard little more than the occasional siren or honking horn (which would be expected in any city setting). The staff was very helpful -- I had previously sent e-mails regarding choice of beds / need for taxi to and from the hotel. Email responses were prompt, friendly, and helpful. We reserved a taxi to and from the hotel -- at 680 crowns, it wasn't a bargain price (approximately $28 -- also not terrible) -- but we were met at the airport, and delivered to the door (much appreciated at night on little sleep :)). On the return, the driver arrived promptly at 6:00am as requested.

Our hotel room was large based on my previous experience with European hotels. The hotel was older, but clearly freshly refurbished, with a nice combination of 12-foot ceilings, large windows, and a very new (and large and comfortable) bathroom. The tub/shower was both functional and comfortable (the tub had the perfect slant for those of us who like to read books in the tub!). There was plenty of counter space. Maid service was efficient and competent. The hotel provided an in-room safe that was easily programmable. There was a computer with free Internet access in a pleasant room off the lobby.

Breakfast was in a basement room -- but it was well lit, with vaulted ceilings, and the effect was cozy, not subterranean. Breakfast was more than ample -- eggs, bacon, ham, sweet breads and breads for toasting; six kinds of muesli/cereal with bowls of hazelnuts and walnuts for adding to the cereal; yogurts, milk, juice/coffee/tea, and platters of cheeses and meats. Food was re-filled very promptly -- even when dining towards the end of the breakfast period (with a 15-year old along, we hedged toward the later, rather than the earlier :)). I really enjoy the fact that European hotels use ceramic dishes, rather than the styrofoam stuff found in the States.

The hotel is not directly in Stare Mesto -- but it was no more than a 5-8 minute walk to either Stare Mesto or Nove Mesto -- frankly, very convenient. The Namesti Republicki metro stop was just down the street, around the corner (along with a number of tram stops). The Metro is easy to negotiate, even without any knowledge of Czech.

I would happily stay here again (and happily visit Prague as well!). BTW, we ate inexpensively, but well -- some favorite stops -- Albio (up-scale vegetarian), Pizzeria Grosseto (despite the name, good Italian of all sorts -- very nice atmosphere, beer, wine), Green Tomato (also Italian), a nice Mexican restaurant in Male Strana, whose name escapes me (around the corner from a second good Mexican restaurant, La Cantina) -- also in Male Strana, try the Hanging Coffee (despite the name, full food service). If you are a coffee drinker, definitely try Kava Kava Kava in Nove Mesto -- good coffee (and Internet access) -- Ebel Cafe was a pleasant stop in Stare Mesto (though perhaps better coffee at Kava Kava Kava).

Great rooms, great price

by TripAdvisor Member Oslo2

I came to Tulip Inn Prague Terminus with no great expectations and left wandering how on earth this hotel ended up with only three stars. OK, the location is not perfect. It is situated close to a rather busy big road. However, I got an enormous room facing the big road and was not the least bit bothered by the trafic. The bathroom was also nice, newly decorated and very spacious. The staff was friendly, the breakfast buffet had everything you need and a bit more. I was there at a seminar and the meeting rooms were also well over average.

The hotel was clean and nicely decorated and only a few minutes walk from the old center of town.

I would recommend anyone going to Prague to consider this hotel.

Beautiful friendly hotel for folks on a slight budget!

by TripAdvisor Member lkturtle

For our "under $100/night for 2" budget the Golden Tulip Prague Terminus was beautiful and comfortable with excellent service. We had a "king" sized bed which was actually 2 twins pushed next to each other. They were a tad soft but our relatively young backs didn't mind. The room was large, very clean and very nicely furnished. The bathroom was also very clean and HUGE with a (wimpy) hair-dryer.

There's no restaurant or room service, but a bar with sandwiches in the lobby and a GREAT extensive complimentary breakfast downstairs in the mornings. There is also free WIFI and a computer station in the cozy sitting room just off the main lobby.

The front desk staff helped me find a lost earring by repeatedly calling Housekeeping and even letting me back into the room we checked out of hours earlier in the day where the front desk worker actually FOUND my earring on the floor! We were able to safely check our luggage in for the day after checking out of the hotel (we left town later that night).

The hotel is a good 15 minute stroll to the Old Town Square but is a block from the main train station (Praha Hlavni Nadrazi) and 3 blocks from a metro station (Namesti Republiky) if you chose to metro around Prague as opposed to walk (most people walk). The distance from town seems long when you are walking, but half of it is VERY picturesque and enjoyable. I would stay here again.

Great hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member psigley

We spent three nights at the Tulip Inn Terminus in August 05, i chose this hotel after reading what other reviewers had said on this site. I had booked the trip as a suprise birthday present for my girlfriend so i was looking for a better than average hotel but on the other hand couldnt afford to spend the earth. In terms of this requirement this hotel more than did the job.

I was attracted by the claims that the hotel had been refurbished within the last 18 months and it has stood the test of time, our room was clean and tidy and well furnished and still looked new, the bathroom was beautiful and look as though it had been fitted a week ago not a year. The same standards are maintaind in the corridors reception and dining area.

Breakfast is served in an attractive room with plenty of room for all guests and is served for a good lenghty period around 6:30 to 10:30 as i remember, the food is a buffet and there is a good selection of continental breakfasts, cereals and even a hot selection. The food was not left to stand and more is brought out as required.

The hotel does not serve evening meals but this doesnt matter as Prague has a great many eateries to cater for all tastes and budgets. The hotel does have a bar which looked nice but we didnt use as we were out and about so much.

The location of the hotel is about 10 minutes walk to the old town and the astronomical clock, around 30 minutes from the Charles bridge and possibly and hour from the castle. These are leisurely walks with lots to see and places to stop on the way, the longest walk to the castle area you will not notice the time going by.

If walking isnt for you there is a tram stop less than 5 minutes from the hotel as is namesti republiky metro station, Prague has an excellent transport system and you can been almost anywhere in the city in a short amount of time. So all in all the location of this hotel is great for any traveller.

I feel i cannot write a reveiw without commenting on the road, firstly the street on which the hotel sits is not particularly dirty compared to any other city in europe which some reviewers complained about. Secondly is the flyover, i had concerns about this when i read other reveiws but decided to bite the bullet and suggest anyone else do the same, this is a busy road and and looks unsightly but we heard no noise and our room was facing it. Also Prague is full of beautiful buildings and sights, time spent looking out of you hotel window is wasted time so forget about the flyover issue.

The hotel staff are friendly, helpful and speak excellent english which is handy as i speak no Czech whatsoever. This can also come in usefule for my next tip, before you book deal with the hotel direct, ring the or email them and discuss your booking requirements. I found i got a better price than through several well known online booking agents.

I summary this is an excellent hotel with, great facilities, location and access to local services and is excellent value for money. We would definatly stay here again.

by Heavens-Mirror

Hi there
me and my boyfriend have just booked to stay at the Tulip Inn Prague Terminus. Can anyone tell me what the hotel is like and how close it is to the main attractions.
Also would like to know how much a taxi would be from Prague Airport to the hotel as we have no idea how far it is from the airport.

Thankyou in advance,
Stacey xx

RE: Tulip Inn Prague Terminus

by intertraveler

Hi the hotel Tulip Inn is in the Street Hybernska Prague1. This street leads to the Powder Tower and it is not far to walk into the centre of Prague and the old town square.This hotel gets some good reviews.
The Retaurant Hybernia (old Needle House) is also on the same street we had a very good meal here and there is a yard at the back were you can sit out and drink beer.
I think Ceedax pick up and drop of near the Powder Tower. We booked a taxi on the net before we went to Prague a bit expensive but worth it as it is about half hours drive from the airport.

Michael

RE: Tulip Inn Prague Terminus

by hundwalder

Take bus 119 from airport to Metro terminal, then take Metro to closest station. Buses and trolleys depart from Metro station. Faster than a speeding bullet.

Comments