Stepnicna 9, Prague, Prague 8, Czech Republic
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Prague

The Municipal House is just by the Powder GateThe Municipal House is just by the Powder Gate

In the freezing cold waiting to check inIn the freezing cold waiting to check in

Kolbenova flea marketKolbenova flea market

Sculptural Groupings on Vyšehrad, Praha, 12/01Sculptural Groupings on Vyšehrad, Praha, 12/01

prague travelling book

by cosmos66

hi there,
I'll visiting prague by myself for 7 days by ourself, am looking for a good travelling book. Any suggestion are welcome!

by picek

Hi,
from here you can download In Your Pocket guide for Prague:

It's free, okay 'booklet'.
If you wish/need, there are more for other destinations on their IYP web site.

by cosmos66

I need a English guide book for Prague, I'm backpacking

by hope2010

I lived in Prague for 4 years. The places you'd absolutely have to visit are:
1. Old Town Square and its famous astronomical Clock Orloj (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Astronomical_Clock)
2.Prague Hradcany castle-the largest ancient castle in the world (570 m long, on average 128 m wide, area 7.28 hectares)-http://www.prague.cz/prague-castle.asp
Overall this website is very good and can be a decent guide for you while you're travelling: http://www.prague.cz/prague-sights.asp
While visiting a Hradcany Castle, you'd have to go to Golden Lane. The street got its name from the story of alchemists living in the street during the reign of Rudolf II who tried to make not only the philosopher stone or the elixir of youth, but also to transform metals into gold. The houses are so small that they fit more to dwarfs than to people.
3. Charles Bridge.
Good source of information about Prague is here: http://www.prague-guide.co.uk/categories/attractionswhat-to-see.html
If you will have time to visit some places around Prague, than go to Karlstejn castle. http://www.hradkarlstejn.cz/home1/
Also city Kutna Hora is very unique-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kutn%A1_Hora

by obaachan

I like Rick Steves' "Prague and Check Republic". His guiding is simple but comprehensive and with a little humor. It helped me a lot when I visited there.

Travel Tips for Prague

Walking Tours

by Nazreal

I would definitely spend some time on a walking tour if you're a spare morning of afternoon going. the tour guide I went with was friendly, talkative, gave you enough time to take photos and knew so much history but didnt make it boring; I feel a lot more clued in about Prague and the area we went to. I went to Prague in February when it was -22*c and I would definitely go there at that time again- the fog and mist made the amber street light glow, effusing such a romantic soft pink in the air- I will never forget wondering around Old Town and Charles bridge at night with no crowds, getting happily lost down cobbled streets and stumbling across the cutest cafes!

Afternoons in the parc

by vanessadb

My stay in Prague was during the summer. We had classes most of the days, but when we had the day or part of it off, we would head to the Kampa parc. We spent many relaxing afternoons there and met a lot of the friends we made this way, as many of the locals and expats tend to do this on sunny afternoons. Playing games, hanging out, writing and reading, or just talking the afternoon away....

Postcards

by bugalugs

I suppose you could call sending postcards a custom. We went into the main Post Office to get our stamps and to post some of the cards which I had written.
The main post office is open daily 02.00-24.00
Its was a bit confusing as to which window you required. There is a ticket machine which tells you the numbers of the counter which deals with certain items. I couldnt find one that said stamps, so took a ticket for something else, waited in line and when it was our turn was told it was the wrong one, they then told us which counter we needed and we queued again. Fortunately it was very quiet when we were in.
International postcards were 9kc.
There are also telephones here and you can buy phone cards.
However I sent cards to 16 vt friends and not one single person has yet received one!!!! I find this rather strange!
The main Post Office is a lovely building on Jindnsska which is off Wenceslas Square on the left hand side if you are looking up towards the National Museum.

Great place to watch "the" game

by barbipez

there are quite a few places to see the "big" game - Caffrey's, Legends, JJ Murphys are just a few that I really like.
Legends has a ton of screens with multiple games going on. in old town / ungelt
caffrey's will normally have just one game on, and gets filled fast. in old town.
JJ's is smaller, but great. normally one game on at a time.
all have great food. a little more on the pricey side - touristy prices, but still good. gear - an empty stomach for beer and food!

Villa Amerika

by german_eagle

This beautiful Villa near the metro stop I. P. Pavlova is a museum for the famous Czech composer Antonin Dvorak. You can see some original furniture, scripts and instruments. Quite interesting if you are a fan of classical music.

Opening hours 10 am - 5 pm
Entrance fee was 50 CZK if I recall correctly.

Comments