Yasmin Hotel

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Yasmin Hotel

Hotel Yasmin

by TripAdvisor Member mets1986

I enjoyed my five nights here in July. I thought the hotel was , sleek and trendy.
The service was very good.
My only complaint is that there was not a business center with internet access. I was shocked by this for such a modern hotel. However there was an internet cafe about 75 meters away that was open til 11pm with very cheap rates. The hotel would have probably charged 5 times as much.

Also the front desk had no clue as to what the best restauants are. They reccomended some dingy place that I got lost looking for. When I arrived I immediately walked out.

I found one of the best on my own and mentioned it to the concierge He said " Well they only do fish" . He was wrong. But they do specialize in Fish.
I think he was on the take.... Oh well.... That's part of the business.
I stayed for about 145.00 usd/ night. You cant beat the price.

hug in a mug!

by TripAdvisor Member davilex

stayed 4 nights from 10th july got extremley quiet room whiich was squeaky clean, bathroom was spotless every day no view but i didnt go to prague to stare out of the window!
staff were helpful and with very few exeptions spoke good english (good job!)
breakfast was varied with continental and english options, buffet style with lots of fruit
the noodles restaurant was good in the evening although i only used it once because it has a lot of competition in prague.
very modern place, extremley clean quiet , yet seconds away from wencelous square.
watch out for the red things in the dining area, they add colour which reflects in the mirrors and lights ,very novel and i dont think they bite!
i would definatley recommend hotel yasmin for a stay in prague.
ps. do not confuse this hotel with yasmin hotel

was pleased with everything

by TripAdvisor Member screeenname!

The only thing I could complain about was the size of the room (small, especially for three adults), lack of counter space and lack of drawers to unpack into. Hate living out of a suitcase!

That being said, I can tell you that the Hotel Yasmin was quite delightful! The staff was always curteous and helpful, an excellent representation of customer service. The delicious green-apples at the counter were a nice bonus. I found the lobby/restaurant decor to be a bit bizarre... almost "Seussical" (see pictures), but just because it's not my taste... who cares!

The room was comfortable and VERY quiet, even though it faced the street. The location is ideal, Wenceslas Square is a two minute walk through a corridor at the back of the hotel. Plenty of places to shop and eat, as well as a metro stop within walking distance.

The room was kept impecably by the maid-service (certainly not by us tenants). I really appreciated the great water pressure in the shower, atypical for most hotels. The bed covers were especially comfortable. The easy-to-use safe came in handy.

Definitely take advantage of the hotel breakfast, which can be enjoyed in the outdoor courtyard. There is a great variety and it is replenished throughout the breakfast hours. Kudos on the croissants!

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member maviscat

We stayed in the Yasmin for two nights in July 06. Prague was amazing right from the beginning. When you exit the airport turn right, there are several white minibuses. These are much cheaper than a taxi. We got in a yellow taxi right outside the hotel, we were charged 750ck and later found out this was expensive, but you live and learn!!

The hotel check in was very quick and the staff really friendly and helpful. During check-in we stood in the lobby, taking in the hotel (open mouthed - its fab)

There was only one lift working whilst we were there so sometimes there was a little wait. The lifts need your key card to work so it was really secure.

We loved the room - spacious, spotless and funky. The LCD TV had a personalised welcome message which was a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable and we were so greatful for the aircon during the hot weather. Sometimes when you look at hotel website, the rooms look great. But when you arrive you wonder if its the same hotel!! These rooms are spot on!

The Yasmin hotel bar was cheap, much cheaper than some bars on the square. We didn't eat at noodles restaurant but the breakfast was excellent. Lots of choice - from chocolate cake to hotdogs and chips! Breakfast does close at 10:30am but I think this is pleanty of time! I dont know why some people feel this is too early - you dont go to a fantastic city to have a lie in!!

All in all a great hotel , perfect location , nice staff and excellent value. I'd love to go again!

A surrealistic hotel

My housband and I, just came back from the world cup in Germany, and since we've heard so much about Prague, we decided to visit the city. Our stay at the Yazmin was one of the best ever! It is a very modern, surreal and brand new hotel, located about three blocks from a main street, so you're close but not too close. It is in a very quiet street and near of some restaurants and bars that are mostly visited by locals, with good food and reasonable prices. The breakfast buffet in the hotel is great and service is too. The rooms are impecable, very spacious, well furnished and the bathroom is big! You have to be there to see the decoration of the hotel, so modern and sleek. We absolutly would like to come back some day.

Perfectly located

by TripAdvisor Member GiancarloRoma

Staying: 29 june - 2 july (3 nigths);
Price: € 330 (breakfast icluded, bookings);
Room nr.: 524 (court view).

Nice new hotel perfectly located just behind the St.Venceslao Square (a 10 minutes walk from the Old City Square).

Very confortable room, clean and of the rigth size (vv important, all the pictures you can watch from the hotel's web are totally true!!!).

Cozy lobby and breakfast area (with a 70's science fiction style).

Nice staff.

PS: taxi ... it's an oddly thing!!!!

Giancarlo

Very nice and trendy hotel located downtown Prague. Be aware of the services

by TripAdvisor Member Alvarorrr

Very nice and trendy hotel downtown. Rooms are nice and spacious. The only thing you need to be aware is that every time you order a cab, the hotel will charge you an extra which is our can to the airport was nearly 50%.

Reception stuff was helpful but when we wanted to book a restaurant that was not "on their list" they insisted heavily on choosing one of their restaurants. We are not aware whether this was just in our best interest or whether they were taking more out of it.

THe bar is really nice although it closes too early on the weekends. It was particularly anoying to see the waiters having a cocktail while claiming that the bar was close for customers.

SIMPLE and SLEEK

by TripAdvisor Member markethill

Stayed hr 4 3 nights from 24 -27 Jul. Wot a fab hotel! Everything is squeaky clean and very clinical. Staff @ reception are nice. Found waiters ok just like the normal waiters anywhere in Prague a little glum!

Hotel does have own website which I searched for before departure it is hotel-yasmin.cz .

From airport take 119 bus. Out of airport dep cross zebra crossing and on right bus stop 119. (20 kc for ticket about 50p). At devajik take line A metro to Museum. At musem take Wilsonova exit u r on Wenscles Sq. Go down right hand side (look for C& A and debenhams) and find hotel Elysee beside bookstore. Go up entry to hotel Elysee and up a flight of steps and u have arrived at hotel Jasmin.

Tried both Green Tomato and Karvana recommened on hr. Both gr8 food staff unpleasant as are most of people in Prague.

Hotel had all facilites. Could not complain shower gel, shampoo, slippers bathrobes, minibar with room for yr own drinks. flat tv and the most important in hot July air con. Wow all the hotel is aircon. Must cost a packet!! Breakfast is very good. Usual selection with loads of fresh fruit. Tea is widely available from herbals to earl grey. Safe in room and sewing, shoe polshing and nail file as well. Hairdryer in bathroom.

Need card to operate lift on way up but not on way down. Thot this was very safe. Ths hotel is much nicer than those on the sq. It is literally on Wen Sq. but quieter.

Enjoyed prague. Loads to see. Architecture is fab. Found food and drinks cheap all else more exp than in uk.Bring sensible footwear you will do lots of walking!!!

Metro/tram bus ticket per day anywhere is about 80kc. If in the first 2 zones 14kc for 60 min ticket. Must enter ticket into yellow box or you could incur a fine.

Book this hotel now. We used Priceline but found their booking system strange. We thot we had paid in uk but hotel told us we had to pay them directly which means it depends on the exchange rate on the day of departure. Also booked summer special an additional 5Euros got a drink and a fab icream sundae for 2. Back home would have cost about £5 each! Not sure if i would book with priceline again.

Anyway this hotel is fab . Book it quick!!

Not child friendly

by TripAdvisor Member Polipoli

We stayed in the Yasmin in May and were very disappointed. We needed hot water for a baby's bottle and were told the kitchen was closed! As room service was available 24 hours, there had to be hot water available. The restaurant staff were unfriendly to the point of rudeness particularly at breakfast. Anyone who delayed beyond the breakfast deadline was glared at, sometimes by several members of staff. We had one evening meal in the restaurant and found the service so poor that despite having a small child, we went out for meals for the remainder of our stay. The rooms were very clean and comfortable but had no tea/coffee making facilities; when I enquired about getting this facility, I was told I could have room service 24 hours a day. All staff apart from those in the restaurant were very pleasant. We would not stay there again even though the location is excellent.

Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member Clabs

We stayed at the Yasmin for a couple of nights this weekend just gone. The hotel is set in a quiet street just off the the upper end of Wenceslas Square. There is a gateway at the back of the hotel that you can use as a short cut through to the square.

The hotel is very new and very modern inside. There are funky mirrors and lights all over the place. Some of the furniture is funky to the point of not actually being very comfortable (the swivelly chairs towards the rear of the reception area). Check in at reception was efficient and a friendly concierge took our cases and showed us to our room.

We booked a "Superior Room" which is actually their cheapest style of room. I have to say that it was everything I had hoped for. Whilst not the biggest hotel room I have stayed in, it certainly wasn't cramped. The fixtures and furnishings were all to a very high standard. The bed was large and comfortable and there was a nice sized LCD TV on the wall. This had about 4 or 5 English speaking channels. There was a reasonable sized wardrobe in the corner that housed a mini safe. I always seem to chuck a few hangers into my suitcase if I have room and I am glad I did this time as there were only enough hangers in the wardrobe for one person.

The bathroom was to a very high standard too - very nicely finished off and very clean. We had a bath with shower attachment and also a glass shower screen at the side of the bath.

Our room was to the rear of the hotel, looking out over a little courtyard. Even with the window open, it was so quiet it was hard to believe that we were less that 2 minutes walk from bustling Wenceslas Square.

The bar and restaurant area towards the rear of the hotel is the same trendy black and white and stainless steel. This area leads out to the same little courtyard our room overlooked. Here there were some tables and chairs - half of these covered by four large umbrellas.

The restaurant is called "Noodles" and they cook up a plethora of noodle dishes from around the world. We did not eat in the hotel because we found the noodles noodles noodles thing a little uninspiring. We also never made it down to breakfast in time for the 10:30am finish. If it had been a 10:30 am sit down time, we probably would have.

The drinks in the bar were incredibly cheap for a hotel and they offered a reasonable range of cocktails. It is a shame, but the bar closed at around 10pm.

All in all, pretty much perfect. A top quality hotel, in a quiet but very convenient location. Only 2 minutes from Wenceslas Square. 10 minute walk and you are in the beautiful Old Town Square - another 5 or so and you are down on the river on Charles Bridge.

One final tip is that we booked our airport transfer online beforehand. We used [-------------] . We paid about £30 round trip. The driver was waiting for us at the airport and arrived at the hotel to pick us up again at the agreed time. The driver was cheerful and courteous and a careful driver!

Comments