Pension Miltom

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Ceske Budejovice

Budeweiser Budvar BeerBudeweiser Budvar Beer

Komercni banka palaceKomercni banka palace

Main SquareMain Square

námĕstí Přemysla Otakara II (Otakara II námĕstí Přemysla Otakara II (Otakara II

Travel Tips for Ceske Budejovice

Unlike me, who went to Ceske...

by Luis_Alberto

Unlike me, who went to Ceske Budejovice for a short day trip from Prague. I highly recommend, to stay longer around this city, perhaps two or three days will be ideal, to visit all of the major sites, not only in Ceske Budejovice, but also to be able to go to Ceske Krumlov, both of these cities are not far from one another. I met some friendly students on my way to this town on the train, they were just great, and accompanied me to some of the sites, and we even had lunch together. In this picture you see, the two students, that I have met on the train. They are on the middle of the Quadratic Square. (sorry about the crane in the background!)

The Renaissance-castle of Kratochvile

The Renaissance-castle of Kratochvile
is about 1 Km west of the village Netolice, and is easily to be found, as it is directely
on the main road.
There is a big parking for your car and a man collecting a fee of 24 Kronen ( less than 1 $ )

a great painted door

a great painted door
will take you into one of the rooms with a lovely oven, made completely of tiles, and with another great ceiling.
The building's outside fassade is under restauration at the moment, and at many places you may see also great frescos on the fassade.

Daytrip to Hluboka Nad Vltavou

by Dabs

We finished up in Cesky Krumlov earlier than I expected so we asked what was nearby that we could see and they suggested the Hluboka Chateau just a few miles north of Ceske Budejovice. This was my favorite of the four castles/chateau that we visited, the sumptuously decorated interior, almost all done in wood, blew the interiors of the other three in Cesky Krumlov, Konopiste and Prague away. Make sure you go on a tour, even if it is only in Czech, they did have English text.

We drove there and had a little difficulty figuring out where to park, we ended up parking by the visitors center and walking up the hill, only people with permits can park closer than that. If you are relying on public transport, there is a bus from Ceske Budejovice.

great arcades for easy shopping

by globetrott

On all the square you may find only houses with arcades for easy and dry shopping, even when it is raining.
And of course, many of the restaurants and cafes also have a part of their guest-gardens inside these arcades.

Comments