Penzion Restaurant Centrum

Penzion Restaurant Centrum
Booking.com Priceline.com

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Reasonably priced hotel near the Main Square

I debated if I wanted to stay in Ceske Budejovice or Cesky Krumlov, in the end I picked Ceske Budejovice because I thought it would be easier to drive and park at the hotel and it was closer to Prague where we were heading after we checked out. The only downside is that there are very limited restaurants in Ceske Budejovice but it was easy to park especially in the evenings.

Breakfast was included in our rate of 48E per night through www.booking.com, it was the same on their website if you booked directly and only 40E if you wanted to skip breakfast. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard with meat, cheese, cereal, sweet rools, juice, coofee, tea, hot dogs and hard boiled eggs.

I'm not sure what time reception closed but when we came back from dinner both nights, we had to use our key to get in the front door. It might not be a good option if you are arriving very late as you might have to call to get them to come back and let you in.

Unique Quality: Room-spacious, the double room had two twin beds pushed together that were soft but still comfortable, the pillows were a bit thin, I ended up folding mine in half to make it comfortable. There was a TV with cable, I don't recall seeing a room safe.

Bathroom-shower was fine with plenty of hot water but a couple of times the heat flucuated and sent out scalding water with no warning. Toiletries limited to bar soap and bath gel, towels were scratchy, no hair dryer.

Directions: We got lost even with the hotel's directions, just head for the Centrum, it's on a street right off the main square

Comments