Hotel Zeus

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Cesky Krumlov

Go trou the gate to the restaurantGo trou the gate to the restaurant

Looking over the rooftopsLooking over the rooftops

bear moatbear moat

The Cascade FountainThe Cascade Fountain

Cesky Kru,ov to Pasau

by franmcwilliams

We will be traveling from Cesky Krumlov to Passua in May. Can anyone tell us the bstway to do this?

by bekerovka

Hy,
The best way would be by car,via Kaplice and Freistadt, but I think you have not it. Other solutions are

1)a mix train-bus via Kaplice-Summerau-Linz. http://jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/

2) shuttle Cesky Krumlov- Linz, fare 450 CZK (17€)http://www.pensionlobo.cz/shuttle/?artid=4&lang=en&mode=normal
then train Linz- Passau direct http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp
Hope this helps
Ciao, Marco

by franmcwilliams

Thanks. Someone told me about taking the train from cesky krumlov to cerny kris & on to Nove Udoli. You walk across the border to Muhldorfer, Haidmuhle and then take a bus to Passau. It takes about 4-5 hrs. to do the whole trip, I think. I am concerned about how often the bus runs to Passau. Do you know the bus schedule between those 2 towns? I have tried to check the bus schedule, but there is no English version that I can find. I don't want stranded there. I have a car to pick up in Passau. Help???

Travel Tips for Cesky Krumlov

Evidence of the Flood

by JetlagCity

As you may recall from the international news stories, in August of 2002 the Vltava River overflowed its banks, causing the worst flood in Bohemia in about 500 years. Most of the press focused on Prague, but many smaller towns were devastated, too. Cesky Krumlov, which is built right up to the edge of the river, was about half under water. When we were there you could see evidence of this by the flood lines on buildings like this one. The entire ground floor was under water.

Telc...

by coceng

Here's another photo taken in Telc. The bus that I took was also full of school kids for their summer trip maybe. It was lovely because it made me remember the days when my school would organize such trips ! Those days...
The different thing is my school would hire our own bus but these Czech kids (with their teachers) took the local public tranport !
During the stop in Telc, the school kids were noisily talking this & that & I just smiled to them all. They all looked at me as if they wanted to ask questions but nothing muttered in their mouth...It was so lovely !
Maybe they were guessing where I came from ?
Then the teacher asked them not to become so noisy because I would take a photo of them !
That's what I did...& they all just loved it !

Take the bus from Prague to Cesky Krumlov

by Xdrive

As you may be advised by other member in this web site. Bus is the easiler and better method from Prague to Cesky Krumlov. I agree to it. One of the good thing is you can enjoy 3-4 hour beauiful country side during the bus time.

Water, boats, rapids and a laugh!

by Roeffie

Vltava or Moldau

This river floats all around the town. You'll pass it coming from Parking Lot 1 to the town and again on the other side of the town.

Directly in the town are two rapids, where people cross with their Canoo and often fall into the water.

A great thing to watch all the people struggling with the rapids. I could sit and watch for hours, only time fails to do so!

The Vltava is the longest Czech river. Its main stream called Èerný potok has its source at the southeast slope of the Èerná mountain, 1 172 m above sea level. The section beginning at Kvilda is called Teplá Vltava (Warm Vltava), which has its confluence with the Studená Vltava near the village Chlum. The Studená Vltava (Cold Vltava) has its source in Austria, and enters our Republic near the Nové Údolí. The area of the river's basin is 121 km2, and its length is 440,2 km.

Old world Bohemia in Cesky Krumlov.

by hundwalder

The core city of Cesky Krumlov is old world southern Bohemia at its relatively unspoiled best. Shown in the photo is a winding cobblestoned street that is very typical of the central part of old town Cesky Krumlov. Shown in the background is the majestic and dominating cerkev svaty Vita ( church of St. Vitus ), which was built starting about 700 years ago.

Cesky Krumlov has many small family run shops staffed by friendly and helpful clerks. Although they sell many engraved souveniers, they are great places to buy Bohemian crystal, lace, and other handcrafted items of the region. There is a good selection of restaurants, coffee shops, and pubs. The Roma ( gypsy ) establishments in my opinion have the most inviting atmosphere, and are the most memorable. Live gypsy music and dancing greatly enhance the experience. However, the thick smoke in these establishments discourages many visitors.

The buildings of old town have retained much of their medieval and Renaissance appearance, and many of the elements are original instead of recreations. The inside decor is very pleasing traditional Bohemian. Enjoy the experience.

Most tourists day trip in from Prague, but those that don't spend the night are missing out on much of what this ancient city has to offer.

Comments