Hotel Santander

Pisarecka 6, Brno, Moravia, 603 00, Czech Republic
Hotel Santander
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Brno

Spalicek restaurant, Brno, Czech Republic.Spalicek restaurant, Brno, Czech Republic.

Capuchin Church, Brno, Czech Republic.Capuchin Church, Brno, Czech Republic.

Ethnographic Museum, Brno, Czech Republic.Ethnographic Museum, Brno, Czech Republic.

Freedom squareFreedom square

Luggage at Brno Train Station

by grandtour

Does anyone know if there are left-luggage lockers at Brno train station? I will be stopping off for a couple of hours (to visit the Janacek museum) on the way from Vienna to Prague, and I don't want to have to drag my heavy bag through the streets.

Many thanks.

by r13

There are lockers, but since I did not use them (and was in that station just a couple of times) I cant give more details on that.

by grandtour

Thanks Rolandas. If the lockers are there I guess they'll work OK. I hope they're big enough for my case.

by swetluska

Hi there!

I checked the webpage of the main station and it is said that there are the lockers, but there is no left-luggage office as such.
So it may depends on the size of your stuff then :-)

by grandtour

Ah, thanks. I hadn't been able to find a webpage for the station (at least, not one I could understand :-) ). The case is too big/heavy, as they always are, but I'll have to assume that if they bother to build the lockers, they're not just for laptop bags!

Travel Tips for Brno

Komenskeho namesti - Komensky Square

by Astralka

A very nice historical building of the Faculty of Medicine (Masaryk University) is on this square opposite the Faculty of Music.
You cant see the nice part of the building because I took the photo from the side to force you to come with your own camera. There is the statue of the Thomas Garyk Masaryk, which I think is too small compared to the huge building, but ask the designer why. This little square is a good place to sit down for a while and have a rest, or pick up a bench across the road near the fountain.

I hope that you will be lucky and did not come when the gypsy children swim there. Sometimes a policeman casts them away, but they keep coming :) What I like about Brno (and hate about Prague), is that in Brno the streets are not crowded and everything is much cheaper!

Each year at the end of August...

by eledhwen

Each year at the end of August or at the beginning of September there is an special event called When Swedes tried to conquer Brno. It is a great historical performance, with a simulation of the battle and many
demonstrations of historical fencing.

Rajec castle - 25km north of Brno / Brünn

by globetrott

Rajec castle is about 25 km north of Brno / Brünn.
Rajec castle is quite a large building with the big castle in the middle and wide buildings on each side around a great park in the centre.

You have to park your car outside and it takes a few minutes untill you get to the castle.
The opening times of the castle are as follows :

April, September and October :
09.00a.m.-12.00 and 01.00-04.00p.m.
May till August . open 1 hour more till 05.00p.m.

Closed every Monday !!

last guided tour is 1 hour before closing time.

On saturdays in the morning, there will be no tours in case that a wedding takes place there.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
You may click here in order to
see a map of Rajec by
www.multimap.com

And here you may get to my Rajec-page !
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lysice - a great castle north of Brno / Brünn

by globetrott

Lysice is in a distance of about 25 km north of Brno / Brünn, and it is one of the best castles I have seen in Bohemia, and hard to find in any guidebook...

Lysice castle once belonged to Erwin Dubsky, an early globetrotter of the 19th century and a big part of the furniture and decorations in the castle still remind of his time as an admiral and world-traveller.
My favorite was the japanese saloon !

The library of Marie von Ebner Eschenbach is certainly one of the highlights of the tour though the castle.
Ebner-Eschenbach was born as countess Maria Dubska, niece of Edwin Dubsky .

Photography is allowed INside the castle, against a small extra-fee
You will find plenty of infos and pics on my Lysice-page !
Just click on the link below !

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
You may click here in order to
see Lysice on a map of
www.multimap.com
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Brno Tip

by pollon

unfortunately I was in a flat minority when I tried to convince my fellow workers to go round the town both in the day light than by night... and I feel a little bit ashamed to say that when we went out after dinner, we ended in the same disco or at the 13th floor of our hotel, not signed in the elevetor but existing with its striptease show...

Comments