Restaurant & Design Hotel Noem Arch

Cimburkova 9, Kralovo Pole, Brno, 612 00, Czech Republic
Restaurant & Design Hotel Noem Arch
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Brno

Spalicek restaurant, Brno, Czech Republic.Spalicek restaurant, Brno, Czech Republic.

Fountain, Capuchin Church, Brno, Czech Republic.Fountain, Capuchin Church, Brno, Czech Republic.

Stara Radnice, Brno, Czech Republic.Stara Radnice, Brno, Czech Republic.

Freedom squareFreedom square

Vienna - Brno

by neleo

Hello,
Can you help me?
I need to get to Brno from Vienna Airport? How can I do it? Tains, buses? Where can I find schedules, prices? Do I need to book a ticket or I can buy it just before the departure?
Thanks in advance,
Julia.

Re: Vienna - Brno

by r13

Best choice is Student Agency bus. It goes directly from Airport to Brno three times each day. For info and contact go to www.studentagencybus.com. Look under Praha - Wien route. Price 16 EUR one way. Bus often can be sold out - buy the ticket earlier.

Other possibility would be train (S-bahn to the city + train) - you have to check Austrian railway web for the schedule and pricing. Very unlikely that it will be sold out - can buy the ticket at station.

Re: Vienna - Brno

by swetluska

Yes, the student agency yellow buses are the best.
The bus goes four times a day, at 08:05, 11:05, 18:05 and 20:30. You may be able to buy the tickets before the departure, but the line is quite popular so I would buy it in advance.

Travel Tips for Brno

The one real sight is the...

by richiecdisc

The one real sight is the Spilberk Castle but for my money, the real attraction is just wondering the streets and enjoying the local foods. I peered through the thick glass window into the brightly lit yet dingy looking eatery feeling a mixture of apprehension and envy. Though obviously not above my means and perhaps considered a low class establishment even by local standards, this place intrigued me like no other. It was a spartan affair with stand-up tables at which the predominately working class men stood and enjoyed a beer and simple meal. All the signs were in Czech and I was certain that no one would speak a word of English. If I were to enter, I would have to make do with pointing and paying, pretty much eating whatever looked good and was easy enough to get my hands on. It would undoubtedly be cheap but pride would not allow me to walk away without finishing my grub. It was a perfect opportunity as I was alone and could never ask a woman to enter such a place so I finally got up my courage and walked through the door. Immediately, I was surrounded by choices. On my left was a butcher’s counter with some of the fattiest cuts of meat I had ever seen and straight on was a deli counter with similarly fatty lunch meats and cheeses. You could obviously get things to go, but there were people buying portions they intended to eat there, with bread that was also available. This looked too confusing so I walked past the beer counter and over to the hot food. Not that this looked any easier but I had read that tripe soup was a particular specialty and they did have soup so I pointed at the gray one rather than the red and also at something that looked like a cross between lieberkase and mortadella. I grabbed some bread in case what I chose was too strong to stomach alone and made my way to get a beer and finally to take a spot at one of the long tables. The soup was oily and it seemed like there were some tripe-like morsels in there. It was tasty if not like anything I had ever had. The meat was good as well though again fat-laden. The beer was marvelous, a real find. Czech beers in general are great but this Starobrno was very special. A massive rocky white head rested buoyantly upon a delightfully deep golden brew that was merely a precursor to the exemplary interplay of hops and malt that is rarely found. It was just lip smacking good. I had forgotten all about not fitting in as I enjoyed everything so much and no one seemed to pay any attention to me anyway. Okay, I had overpaid at the food counter, it had been so inexpensive, and my bills were just too big for her to change, but as I ate, she came up and gave me the rest of my money. It was a far cry from Prague where I had to watch every coin to make sure I wasn’t being ripped off. I was happy to have found it but sad it was on my last day there. On my way out, I noticed it opened at 7:00 am and I knew my bus to Telc was not until 8:30 the next morning so I planned on a breakfast there on my way out of town. I left my backpack in the hotel and went there first thing, ordered the red soup this time and something that looked vaguely like haggis. Of course, I had to have one more of these amazing beers, no matter how early it was. It was okay; everyone else was having one too. I took my spot and really felt very much like a regular after only my second visit. It was haggis as far as I could tell and though a bit strong for this hour of the day, I ate every bit of it. I drained the beer too, it might be the last one I would ever have. I debated on whether to take a photo and jeopardize my newfound feeling of belonging, finally figuring that I would probably never be there again. On my way out the door, I snapped two and for just one instant, a few people looked at me as if I was crazy, but almost immediately went back to their beers. It was time to leave. They would be going to work soon and I had a bus to catch.

The catacombes of the capucines / Kapuzinergruft

by globetrott

The catacombes of the capucines are devided into several rooms of different sizes, and most of them are closed by a glass-wall or an iron-fence, so you may see everything without beeing able to touch anything or take a really close look.
Only the coffin of Freiherr von der Trenck is an exception.
ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo
Click on my picture and you may see a group of monks in their traditional costumes, and the 2nd from the right is even smiling a bit
:-)

Brno Zoo

by Jasen71

I didn't have enought time to go inside the zoo, which was founded in 1953 in it present located. The Zoo is part of the European Endangered Species Programme, and you can adopt an animal also! In the Brno zoological garden there are more than 500 animals belonging to over 132 species of amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals. Animals from all continents with the exception of Antarctica.
Located outside the city it a short tram ride on the number 1,3 & 11.

Valtice / Feldgrub - south of Brno / Brünn

by globetrott

Valtice castle is about 30 km south of Brno / Brünn.
The castle still needs a lot of restorations inside, but it has already a nice hotel in the left wing of the castle :
Hotel Hubertus

and inside the castle you may taste the local wines in a big wine-cellar or take a guided tour ( BUT photography is forbidden inside the castle !)
A visit to Valtice castle may easily be combined with Lednice-castle, situated in a distance of just about 7 km.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
You may click here in order to
see Valtice / Feldgrub on a map by
www.multimap.com
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Brno's Heart of Darkness

by LeeRobertAdams about Clubs & Bars

Presumably inspired by a travel agents of the same name it shares passage space with, or possibly by "Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls", Livingstones is dark, sweaty, boozy and occasionally riotous fun.

Provided you can hold your bottle to get past the villainous-looking bouncers, plenty of cheap drinks and cheap thrills are in store in the club's dark wooden, African-themed interior.

It can get packed to almost critical levels at times, and during it's worse moments, the jostling can teeter on the brink of a brawl. Otherwise, there's usually a good time to be had. Features include an upstairs seating area, a quieter side bar that never fails to remind me of the Overlook's ball room in "The Shining", and possibly Europe's only example of a carpeted dancefloor.

Overall, it embodies the kind of borderline dangerous, non-PC Eastern European naffness that has been virtually erased from discos & clubs in Prague. Crappalicious! The usual for Brno - whatever you grab off the floor first.

Comments