Slovenska 567/3, Karlovy Vary, Bohemia, 36001, Czech Republic

FigurinesFigurines

BecherovkaBecherovka

Sister cities of Karlovy VarySister cities of Karlovy Vary

Travel Tips for Karlovy Vary

The water gave me kidney stones later! Thank you!

by Yozhik

I think the drinking fountains should have a warning sign or some public notice of the potential for ill health effects that comes out of drinking the highly mineralized ground water pumped through the drinking fountains at Karloviy Vary. A few weeks after visiting there, I came back home and started to develop sharp pains in my abdomen and groin, which I initially though were a hernia. After visiting a doctor and undergoing X-Rays, I was diagnosed with a 1 inch size kidney stone, which I am 100% certain came from drinking the water and now require surgery to remove it. I highly advise people to NOT drink the water there if they have a family history of kidney stones or are prone to developing kidney stones. Next time, I'll stick to drinking filtered bottled water, like Matoni, but I will never again be taking a sip of that poison that comes out of the ground.

Krusovice

by lina112

On our way back to Prague from Karlovy Vary we stopped on Krusovice brewery factory to buy some beers. Unfortunatly we could not buy them becuase the shop was closed. The factory is situated about 30-40 km from Karlovy Vary. The Královský Pivovar Krušovice (the Royal Brewery of Krušovice) is one of the oldest breweries in the Czech Republic. The brewery was established in 1517 when the Svatováclavská Contract enabled the aristocracy to brew beer on their own farms.

Czechia's most beautiful cinema

by globetrott

Look at this great building - at other places in Europe the Opera or State-theatre looks that way, here in Karlovy Vary it is a simple Cinema.

And the building was restored recently and looks fantastic

Wish I'd spent more time there!

by goingplaces

Karlovy Vary is another one of those great cities I only saw for a short time. It was on one of my shopping excursions in Cheb, when we drove to Karlovy Vary first for lunch. The city itself is absolutely breathtaking, and I wish I'd gotten a chance to see more of it besides the local McDonald's. Check it out for yourself, and let me know how it is!

Comments