Hotel Gemo

GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Very nice hotel near Main Square

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 26, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Gemo for two nights in September 2011. I chose a double room and specifically asked for a room away from the street. Reservation was done without problem through their website and confirmation was almost immediate. When I arrived everything was just as I had asked.

The easiest way to find this hotel is go to the main square, it is at the end of a street leading to the main square. The maps make it look farther away, but it is quite well located. I would suggest that you email the hotel and ask them for directions from the train station, which would have been quite helpful when i arrived. Though the hotel is located on the corner or a large avenue, you hear very little car noise.

The hotel is a 4 star rated. It is clean and well lit. Location is good, though on weekends some of the nearby clubs can be a bit loud if the windows are open.

The room itself was spacious and comfortable. There was a safe in the room, a nicely supplied desk. The room was nicely laid, there was no cramped feeling at all. WIFI worked flawlessly during my stay, signal strength was strong and there were no problems at all. The bed was nice and comfortable and I slept well here. Bathrooms were nice and clean (a bit simple).

At the time of my visit the rooms were somewhat plain in terms of decor, perhaps more noticeable due to the high ceilings. From the photos I've seen this has improved.

Staff was very nice and responded quickly to any requests. High level of customer service and attention.

The breakfast room was in the restaurant, Breakfast was generous, had sufficient variety and supply of food for all guests. No waiting. I didn't try the restaurant during my stay, but i did see the menu and it looked pretty good.

This hotel is a clean, comfortable, good value in Olomouc. Everything worked well,everything was clean, the staff was friendly and welcoming and seemed happy to help in any way they could. I would stay here again and can easily recommend this hotel.

UPDATE October 2012- the Hotel has changed its name. Looking at their website most everything seems about the same as when i visited last year. I did notice that rooms now include flat panel television, nicer wallpaper and generally cleaned up look. It was definitely nice when i was there, from the photos and reviews it is at least a bit better.

** photos from their website**

Unique Quality: The hotel is well located around the corner from the Main Square in Olomouc. Theatres, concerts, evening entertainment, restaurants are all walking distance from the hotel.

Gili_S's Profile Photo

Hotel GEMO

by written on August 23, 2009

This hotel GEMO opened in the post communist time and located just by the edge of the old town. Not that I needed to use any hotel while I was here, but if I had to, maybe that would be the one.

Gemo Hotel

by written on August 26, 2002

I spent 4 nights at the GEMO and the total was 11,840.00 crowns, which at the time was about $400. The currency exchange was 30 crowns/dollar.

Unique Quality: This hotel is very modern with some rooms having air conditioning. There is a resturant in the hotel. The rooms are roomy with television, a small stocked refrigerator, a safe, and a bathroom. It is called a '4-Star Hotel' and I agree.

Nearby Hotel Gemo

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Olomouc Travel Forum

Need advice about Olomouc, Czech Republic? Visit the Travel Forum for Olomouc and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Olomouc hotel reviews