Namesti­ Republiky 33, Plzen, Bohemia, Czech Republic
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Plzen

Some of my friend in PlzenSome of my friend in Plzen

K RestaurantK Restaurant

Early 20th Century Bar InstructionEarly 20th Century Bar Instruction

Back above the undergroundBack above the underground

About Zimni Stadion and the 18th Marc

OK
I have been looking up the informations about a concert- Lord Of The Dance, that will take place in Zimni Stadion in Plzen! If you have any information about the tictkes. Where can i buy them an how much they cost...
Greetings from cloudy Slovenia

Re: About Zimni Stadion and the 18th Marc

by swetluska

well, this WAS on 18th but 2004 :-)

Thank you!
But that is so strange, i double checked it today- when I saw you replay.
And it says that they have a concert in Zimni Stadion on 18th of March 2005!!
I hope they didn't make a mistake...I guess I will just have to wait for more information!:))
Thank you again!

by swetluska

Well, I checked it also once more and this is what I have found out: 18.3.2004 they were in Plzen, but 18.3.2005 they will be in Dresden Kulturpalast...see

Teri

by ursa_slo

Well ok...on this side it is written that they have a concert -http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Balcony/3966/tourdates.html !!

by swetluska

Hm...thats strange :-)))) Anyway, in our agency that sells tickets theres nothing about it.....I really dont know.

Travel Tips for Plzen

Visit the Pilsner Urquell...

by richiecdisc

Visit the Pilsner Urquell Brewery and certainly sample their magnificent world class and original pilsner beer. Though only a day-trip, it had been a fun one. After managing to make it to the Pilsner Urquell Brewery in ample time for the brewery tour and even being able to stop in its pub for a beer prior. We wandered around the surprisingly picturesque town of Plzen, stopping for a great lunch with more of the local beer, and doing some touristy things. Eventually, we gave in to the fact that a pilgrimage to Plzen is really about one thing, drinking the local world classic beer. And that we did, but all good things have to come to an end so we wandered back to the train station to catch one back to Prague, where we were staying. Hanna wanted more beer so I grabbed a couple while she secured some munchies for the two-hour ride. There was just one problem. She wanted to sit in a smoking car and I had had enough cigarette-infused air for one day and flatly refused. She relented in a huff but once in the car, asked rather casually if I minded if she smoked in our car, which was plainly marked as non-smoking. I said, “of course not,” and thought very little of it, but this led to a huge argument about how the US is persecuting smokers and it would never be this way in Europe. My point was simple. It was a non-smoking car and it wasn’t fair to smoke in it even if we had it to ourselves. She stormed off to have a cigarette in the adjoining car and I went through the full gamut of feelings, ranging from rage, anger, boredom, loneliness, and just plan sadness. I lay down with my head facing away from the car and pretended to sleep, waiting for her to come back, and imagining a huge apology. It seemed like hours and envisioned her having a grand time, as I lie there bored. Finally she returned and I “woke up” from my mock sleep to find her standing there, motionless and silent. I stood up and we looked into each other’s eyes, knowing how foolish we had been. Without any words other than, “I’m sorry,” we were soon embracing, glad to be reunited. She wanted some gum and turned to get it from the small side pocket of her daypack. As she reached up, her lower back was bared and I put my hands gently around her waist. She turned her head and looked into my eyes as the passing lights from the tracks shown through the window, flickering furiously on the ceiling of our compartment.

Marionettes

by King_Golo

Spejbel and Hurvinek are an old man and his son made of wood. They are marionettes and quite famous in the Czech Republic. In Plzen, where their creator comes from, the two guys were given a little monument in 2003 - nothing too special, but if you know the figures you might want to see the monument.
However, my student Jitka told me an interesting story about the figures. Although Spejbel is the father of Hurvinek, he is "younger" than his son. This is due to the earlier creation of Hurvinek who was first an orphan and only later got a Daddy. Apparently, there are also a woman and her daughter (probably also older than her mother) who are in love with Spejbel respectively Hurvinek.

Confused? Well, me too. Guess I've gotta check the marionette play next time in Plzen!

another great fassade

by globetrott

There are so plenty of great fassades in Plzen, that I could have posted here, but I have chosen this pic, as it is rather unique in its style and kind of ornaments.
This building is on main square, just behind the small cafe that is the only building
directely INSIDE the square, opposite of the church.

Mestanska Beseda - not expensive at all

by globetrott

Normally you would expect a recently restored place like this to be extremely expensive... ...But it was excellent and NOT expensive at all ( and almost empty at 11.00 a.m. )
I had a large toast Hawaii, 2 espresso and a juice and finally payed less than 5 $

Guess ! Yepp, this is the...

by tabatha

Guess ! Yepp, this is the entry to the brewery. 'Pilsner Urquell'. There are guided tours in English and in German.
Think this was more a fun for Richie than for me, but at least you got a small beer for trying it.

Comments