Hotel Anna

Vladislavova 372, Kutna Hora, 28401, Czech Republic

More about Kutna Hora

Notice the statue up there, 3,5m tall.Notice the statue up there, 3,5m tall.

St Barbora Cathedral and the Jesuit College.St Barbora Cathedral and the Jesuit College.

Double flying buttressesDouble flying buttresses

Miner (and leather apron)Miner (and leather apron)

Looking for photos of the 'bone church'

Hi,

I'm currently researching a travel-related book, and am interested in seeking photos of the 'bone church' in Kutna Hora, the Czech Republic (you'll know what it is if you've been there!). If you believe you may be able to help, please get in touch.

Thanks!

by ghosthunter

Saw that on a TV show a few weeks back Bruce . Looks spooky but fun. Anyway take a look at : http://www.pragueholiday.cz/kutna-hora.php . There is a few pics on there,
Darren.

by geoffbellman

Bruce,

Sorry, I can't help with the bone church, BUT I thought you might be able to direct a couple of hikers to great places in the Czech Republic. We'll be there in late Sept and early Oct.

Not camping or backpacking; just hike all day and stay in a hotel or B&B or ??? at night.

Thanks,

Geoff

by pedroswift

Tried a Search of VT Travel Guides? type in destination and "GO"! de p

by swetluska

http://www.kostnice.cz/ :)

Hi Geoff,

Hope the hiking goes well. Unfortunately, both my trips to the Czech Republic have centred around Prague, and I've not been to other parts of the country, except of course, for the day trip to Kutna Hora. So I can't really offer suggestions re accommodation.

If you were looking at staying in Prague, I'd highly recommend a self-catering apartment. They're not much more than a hostel room (especially when there's a group of people), but you get the extra security and privacy. I can provide further details if interested...

Cheers,

Hi all,

Thanks for your photo suggestions. I'm only a beginner to this website, so I wasn't aware that there was a photo archive as well.

I'll also check out the other links provided ... hopefully permission can be obtained to use these photos (one of the reasons I prefer to go with 'amateur' photographers - much easier to sort this out).

Cheers,

by Ericasmurf99

Geez I know I am two years late to this post, but I have some great photos of the bone church on my page...since it was 2 years ago though, you've probably aready made it there and back!

Travel Tips for Kutna Hora

Silver and special churches

by Raimix

Kutna Hora probably wouldn't be so important and such a popular tourist spot without silver. It made city one of the richest in Bohemian region and some amazing sights emerged here, such as what I call it special churches. One is the Cathedral of St. Barbara, in Czech Gothic style, quadratic form, different from German ones. Another special church is Bone church with unique decorations of human bones inside it.

Silver Mining & Minting Town

by JetlagCity

Silver is what put this sleepy little town on the medieval map. In the 1300 and 1400's it was quite a different place - a thriving and growing mining community, rivalling even Prague in importance. They minted the silver into coins for the entire Kingdom of Bohemia here. You'll see references to miners all around town. There's a tour you can take down into an old mine shaft, too.

Finally, Kutna Hora

by richiecdisc

The best time to be in Kutna Hora is when all the daytrippers go home. You can enjoy the beautiful city pretty much to yourself then. I loved it most at night but it was also quite nice at sunset, always a great time for photos. The best places always seem to be where you least expect them. Take Kutna Hora for example. My recent excursion around various parts of Bohemia brought me to many off the beaten path small cities in my quest for the perfect pint, many of which were lauded in beer guides as good hunting grounds. Kutna Hora was a place that had intrigued me since my virgin trip to the Czech Republic but I had never made the day trip there from Prague on my many returns. It just so happened that the medieval city was nearly right on my path through all these beery locations so it was high time for a stopover. Besides, I was traveling with my girlfriend and though she enjoys beer, it is not her idea of fun to drive me around an entire country merely to find some. So, we arrived in the early evening after a morning walk around in Nachod, up on the Polish border, and a beautiful drive through a series of Bohemian hamlets with stops in Hradec Kralove and Pardubice. The previous day had provided not only some surprisingly enchanting cities but also two genuine Czech experiences in the genre of beer consumption. Though the drive to Kutna Hora provided a lot of the former, it was disappointing with regard to the latter. I was well nigh thirsty for a beer by the time I got there but with the sun going down, there were a few things to take care of before quenching my thirst. The cathedral loomed in the distance with its three French Gothic spires. It is Kutna Hora’s main attraction and the reason so many tourists make their way here from Prague. With the sun setting, it was imperative to find a room for the night quickly if we wanted to get some good photos of it. (Continued below in FONDEST MEMORY)

A Couple Got Married !...

by coceng

This was taken inside The Italian Court, where there was a wedding on that day.
On the photo, we can see the bridegroom's one leg was tied to a chainball. There was also this saddle-thing where normally it's put around the horse's neck, this time put around the guys' neck instead !
This is the old custom wedding, maybe still being practised now as we could see from this couple; as Milan was explaining to me.
Scroll below to know about the story...

Places nearby K.H.: Hradec Kralove

by globetrott

Hradec Kralove is the Czech name for "Königgrätz" , where 1866 the Habsburg-family lost the so called "Battle of Königgrätz".
The battlefield may be visited outside the town - but the town also looks great inside,
with a lovely main square and several big churches .
Hradec Kralove has about 100000 inhabitants and is situated about 60 Km north/east of Kutna Hora !

Comments