Penzion Centrum

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Kutna Hora

Kutna Hora main station, in Sedlec.Kutna Hora main station, in Sedlec.

St James Church seen from St Barbora Cathedral.St James Church seen from St Barbora Cathedral.

St Barbara's dominates the Kutna Hora skylineSt Barbara's dominates the Kutna Hora skyline

Medieval wall-paintingMedieval wall-painting

Transport in Kutna Hora itself

Hi,
Thanks to the great info i got here I understand how to take the train from Prague to Kutna Hora and back.

I was thinking when in Kutna Hora itself..what's teh best way to travel for train Station of Sedlec to Kuta Hora town center?
Are there taxis?
Can you take a bus?
Or is it best to walk back to train station and take the train to Kutna Hora station itself?

Thanks,

RE: Transport in Kutna Hora itself

by globetrott

walking is really boring and takes about 30 minutes .
there is a bus as well, dont remember the number, BUT "KOSTNICE" is the name ofthe bone-church at the local sign-posts.
I did not see any taxis there
Some trains also stop at the station "Kutna Hora Sedlec" it is not far from the bone-church

by tan1415

Is there a bus on sunday?

by globetrott

I can't say, BUT why not ?
This is the day with the most tourists maybe, AND there are plenty of people living there as well...

by Maurizioago

Don't go to Kutna Hora on sundays! There aren't many buses running thaose days.

Ciao!

by tan1415

Thats logical...it's teh case with most places of the world I guess that chooses sunday as the restday.

To bad the attractions at Kutna Hora are all closed on Monday.

Travel Tips for Kutna Hora

Day trip

by mirchica

If you're on a day trip from Prague and you don't go with an organized trip, my advice is to plan at least 4 hours there. Cause the train station in far from the city. Yes you can catch a bus but the Ossuary,that should be definitely seen is on the middle of that way. So you'll spend much time in walking.It would be pleasent,but it takes time.
I could recommend if you have enough time to visit Kutna hora to be for a whole day. I liked it a lot but unfortunately I couldn't have much time to see more of it...and it was raining

Arrival

by littlesam1

We arrived at Kutna Hora by train from Prague. The ride is short and inexpensive. Once you arrive bus #1 will pick you up and drive you to the city of Kutna Hora. The very first bus stop before arriving at the city is in Sedlec, the home of the bone church. You can depart the bus here, visit the church and then walk down to Kutna Hora. Or you can do as we did. We took the bus to the last stop which leaves you with a brief walk to the centrum of Kutna Hora.

Not Too Cheery...

by coceng

Here's a photo of myself taken by Milan, my Czech friend; at Ossuary of Sedlec.
Notice that I was not smiling at all !
Well, I just didn't feel good standing or rather posed myself infront of those human bones behind me !
I probably felt that there would be some bones reaching out to me from my back !
What a scary thought !
Thinking about it now makes me smile from ear to ear...Ha ! Ha ! Ha !
Anyway, just don't pay any attention to me on the photo but look at all those human bones, especially the Coat of Arm, displayed behind me, so big !

Places nearby Kutna Hora : Chrudim

by globetrott

Chrudim is the birthplace of Josef Ressel ( 1793-1857) - the inventor of the ship-screw.
You may see his statue in front of the local museum.
I mainly enjoyed the great town-square with the baroque town hall.
One day I will have a seperate page about Chrudim, situated about 40 Km west of Kutna Hora !

A local's gesture....

by richiecdisc

We settled on a funky little beer hall just on the edge of town with simple wooden tables and obviously in need of a paint job even in the dreary fluorescent lighting. The service was quick especially by Czech standards and we soon found two foaming mugs of beer places in front of us. I'm not sure if the beer was as good as it tasted at that precise moment but it sure went down quickly and we enjoyed it as anyone does when gratification is put off longer than expected. Before we were even finished the last gulp, another two were brought out and we figured we better get some food in us before the beer took its toll! Though the place was full of older Czech men furiously smoking cigarettes as well are partaking in their local brewery's product, our waiter was a young guy with spiked artificially bright red-colored hair. He luckily spoke a little English and helped us out with the strictly Czech menu. Soon we had two hot plates of typical bar fare to fortify us against the barrage of beers that were to come. Some thirteen mugs later I asked for our bill. It was ridiculously cheap, even by Czech standards and since he had been so helpful and efficient in his service, I gave him an unusually large tip. Though it was little more than a dollar, he seemed genuinely touched with the gesture and thanked us heartily as we took our leave. Once outside, I took a moment to jot down the address and name of the tattered affair for future reference. Just as we made our way through the entrance gate, he rushed out with a freshly cleaned mug emblazoned with the Kutna Hora brewery's logo on it, and excitedly handed it to me. He said to take it back to America as a reminder of our night in their pub, with a beaming smile. Though a bit choked up by his warm send off, I managed to thank him as I shook his hand and bid him a final farewell.

Comments