Toldbodgade 24-28, Copenhagen, Zealand, DK 1253, Denmark

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

The Flagship of Copenhagen

Well this was a VT recommendation....thanks guys and gals. What more could you ask ....right on the harbour....everything close by (The Little Mermaid...Nyhavn)....an unusual building and decor.....and the hotel management is VERY environmently friendly. At breakfast which was a lavish spread I learnt that much of the food was organic as well. Perfect.

Oh wifi is free too......great

Our room was spacious ...beds comfortable and there is a bath!...Love the bath.

Many extras are available with just a phone call....iron and ironing board great when you have a formal wedding to attend.

Though there is AC in the building there is none in our room. There is a fan though and a heater for winter. You do need to be innovative with power points....one problem is our adaptors make it impossible to use a double socket

The hotel does cater for tour groups so reception can be busy at times.

Unique Quality: We were told the building (warehouse) dates back to 1787 and was for centuries the focal point of great events.....the Battle of Copenhagen for one (1801)

The huge exposed wooden beams (joists)are a magnificent feature, the wood originally coming from Poland ( the part that was formerly Pomerania)....absolutely stunning decor. There is a giant beam in our room....the most unusual feature I have ever seen.
    Other reviews have mentioned the beams I noticed.

I notice some reviews have classed the hotel as expensive ...our travel agent managed to get a 'good' price and in comparison with other hotels where we stay I was happy.

Prices change so much I think you are best to enquire at the time.

Directions: Right whwere the action is in the centre of town

• Beautiful and comfortable

I had an enjoyable visit to Copenhagen, partly because of this hotel. It is clean, comfortable and the service skills of the staff were very impressive. The hotel offer a variety of services which fit your style of travelling, which is why i have used the hotel numerous times in different situations. It's great for business travel when you have to stay for one or two nights, and fantastic if you want a romantic holiday for a weekend or longer. It's easiest to see what kind of services and experiences they offer on the website, as they do more than just rent rooms: http://www.admiral-hotel-copenhagen.com/

Also the website has some interesting facts about the history and surroundings of the hotel, which may interest you if you are going to see the city and like that kind of thing.

All in all a great experience, definately recommendable!

Unique Quality: Great location, beautiful surroundings, service-minded staff, clean rooms and comfortable in general.

• mariahc1's Profile Photo

The harbour at your feet!

We had read great reviews about this hotel and luckily we were not disappointed. It was even better. Even though it is not considered to be a luxury or an expensive hotel, I believe it was better than a lot of 5-star hotels we had stayed in . It was originally an 18th--century granary and, in general, it is very marine-like. There are models of ships inside and there is a lot of wood in decoration which makes it very cosy. There are two canons outside the hotel's entrance and the rooms remind you of warehouses but in a very modern way! It was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. However, it is very, very expensive. If you compare it with other 4-star hotels in Copenhagen, it might be about average. But if you compare prices with 4-star hotels abroad then it will seem a bit expensive. Breakfast was not included in the (already) overpriced total stay amount. So it cost us 135 DKK each for breakfast every day (it is about 18 euros each). Now you might ask why we had breakfast there in the first place and why we did not go out. Well the answer is that it was more expensive to eat out. I don't know if you've been to Copenhagen but it is a very pricey thing to eat out so we settled for the 18 euros each to have a decent breakfast, which was very rich by the way! Very delicious!

Unique Quality: The location is fantastic because it overlooks the Opera House and the Theatre. You can admire old ships and yachts from your window and watch the seagulls all day long. Morever, it is a 10-minute walk from The Little Mermaid (a lovely walk, really) and a 5-minute walk from Nyhavn. It is also very close to the metro station (Kongens Nytovr).

Directions: Opposite the Opera.

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

A place with character

I've stayed here 3 times so far (and I absolutely will like to stay again!), as it is located in front of my company's office in Copenhagen. So, they try to book us rooms there for our business meetings, and even used the hotel facilities for large meetings. I really like the place. Located in a warehouse building from 1787, right next to Nyhavn. The staff was always friendly and professional. It's a hotel that I would not hesitate to recommend both for couples, families and business people (great conference facilities).

Unique Quality: The rooms are very comfortable and the large wood beams give them a lot of character. From the ones at the harbour side you can enjoy the view of the boats and the new Opera building; it's really beautiful at night.

The buffet breakfast was always good, I've not tried the restaurant but I heard is quite good too.

• iaint's Profile Photo

Loved it...

Super hotel. Converted warehouse. I had the Oslo ferry parked outside my bedroom. Good location too.

Some rooms have pillars in middle. Can be tricky if you get up in night to go to toilet, and forget...

Unique Quality: Obstacles in rooms!

Directions: Close to Nyhavn & Amelieborg

• Live2Go's Profile Photo

Delightful in Nyhavn

I've stayed here a couple of times and I really enjoy the location right next to the sea, Nyhavn and all the shopping. The hotel is lovely decorated in a marine style and the people here are very friendly and professional. The restaurant and the seaside cafe (summer) is very good as well. It's a hotel that I definetely would recommend both for couples, families and groups (great conference fac. as well) and where I absolutely will stay again. The buffet breakfast is good, but in high season it can be a bit busy.

Unique Quality: Ask for an harbour view and enjoy the view of the boats and the new Opera building and soon to come the new Skuespilderhuset (Actor's House).

Close to the Royal Castle Amalienborg, the pittoresque Nyhavn and all kinds of shopping.

Parking outside hotel.

• deptlads's Profile Photo

Admiral Hotel - Worth It!

We'd been itching to stay at this hotel for quite a few years, and we finally got a good deal with Expedia in March 2005.

Our standard double room was really nicely done out, with a bath, seating area, and a small balcony. Just what we were hoping for.

As you can see from the pictures, the wood beams are quite intrusive, but that is part of the charm of the place, of course. We were really happy with our room.

The hotel is quite large, with some long corridors due to the nature of the building, but the character compensates for the slightly impersonal feel you tend to get in this size of hotel.

And the hotel restaurant - Salt - is excellent!

Unique Quality: Harbourside location.
    Interesting conversion.
    Excellent restaurant.

Directions: On the dockside, just north of Nyhavn.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Classy yet relaxed harbour hotel

As we had a child free week, we took them up on their summer deals - the things you do for VT ;-) As they knew why we booked, we were upgraded to a sea view room. There were of course other children in the breakfast buffet the next morning as we weren't the only ones to suddenly afford this stylish accommodation :-)

I can recommend anyone to stay here as the beds are comfy, staff friendly and the whole hotel is housed in a former storage building in the harbour, complete with romantic wooden beams, yet very modern once you are in the corridors with their ice machines etc. Great combination of old and new and a good location.

Directions: Just around the corner from Nyhavn, along the seaside walk to Amalienborg Castle.

• Naryan-Mar's Profile Photo

Comfortable place

I was lucky to stay in Admiral Hotel (4 *) which is very good one. During my stay it was a big medical conference in the town so all hotels were completely filled with doctors from different countries. So if you’d better to worry about your stay in advance otherwise you won’t be able to find the room. So Admiral is very stylish Hotel. The building was raised some centuries ago and originally was a storehouse in the sea port of Copenhagen. But today everything inside is of very good quality. In my room (two floors) I had 2 TV-set, mini-bar, bathroom, internet connection (to be paid) and everything necessary. The breakfast was included.

More about Admiral Hotel

an average hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sak01

OK......here is the real scoop.....The hotel is in a good location...less than 5 minute walk to Nyhaven..the place to stroll and eat. The lobby is nice and front desk people friendly. There is no air conditioning..so if it is hot, look out!! The rooms are a bit small, but ok. However, in our room there was a large beam right near the bed(I hope you don;t sleepwalk!!). The king bed was two twins put together, but not a real problem. The bathroom is average...we did not get new towels our 2nd day!!
Don't expect a luxury hotel, but overall a decent place to stay!

Comments