Alexandra Hotel

Hotel Alexandra
Expedia.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Alexandra Hotel

Pleasant Hotel but check the roooms

by TripAdvisor Member pculbert

Quite a nice hotel in the centre of Copenhagen, 5 mins from Tivoli. But on a busy road and if you have the window open you'll hear traffic noise until the early hours. On arrival, we were given a standard room which was depressingly small, and when I queried this with reception as we had booked a 'classic design' room (ie bigger and better), we were told that those rooms were only doubles, not twins which we had booked. We were given the option of a refund of £20 per night, or a classic design room with a double bed. We took the latter as the 'double' bed turned out to be two single beds pushed together! I found it a little strange that the hotel had this view of double beds given that in most European countries a double does indeed consist of 2 single beds. However we were very happy with the bigger room which was very pleasant. So I would recommend you book a classic design room (£80/night) and not a standard room if staying here.

Good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member V57

The rooms are small and a bit noisy if you are on a road side, but it is clean, and loved the "environmentally friendly" way! The breakfast was amasing, the location perfect, and the staff very helpful. recommend it. Very good value for money.

Nothing to write home about

by TripAdvisor Member Redskins70

The hotel is in a good location. Walking distance to Stogert and several restaurants, grocery stores, etc. The rooms are tiny. I don't know where they took those pictures that are featured on the hotel website, but those scenes were nowhere to be found. Cleaning is not up to standard. I was there for three nights and my face towel was not replaced even once. I could also tell that the bath tub had not been cleaned. Seriously, for $200/night they could at least change the face towels! I'm not sure what the big deal about their breakfast buffet is either. I mean, it was fine, but nothing special or extraordinary. Pretty typical hotel buffet breakfast. The front desk is ok, can be little odd. Like the time I asked whether wireless internet was available in the Lobby area, and the guy said "I'm not sure." ??? Only three TV channels in English, two are BBC and one is Eurosport.

Very nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member horvathj

I have found the ideal Hotel: in the city of Copenhagen, everything within 15 minutes walk, very nice room, very good breakfast, and nice personal.
Unfortunately I had only a short week-end, I shall have to return.

Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member MelbITraveller

We stayed in the hotel during the Jazz Festival. It was centrally located, and easy to walk to all the major tourist attractions. We even had a jazz band playing in the afternoon near the hotel. Despite the festive nature of the city at the time, it was still relatively quiet in the hotel.

The only downside was that the hotel didn't have air-conditioning in the rooms, and it was a bit of a trade off between leaving the windows open for fresh air, and keeping the windows closed at night to reduce noise.

The hotel also had an excellent breakfast each morning, and the wide range of design furniture added interest to the hotel.

Alexandra the Great

by TripAdvisor Member Kope76

Wonderful, boutique small hotel that is well-placed in the center of many Copenhagen must-see places. No air conditioning but tolerable in late July, as the night chills off fast. Very helpful and friendly staff; attached lounge is an oasis from sight-seeing. Nicely done, wonderfully old world yet up to date with Internet access. A good stop!

Single Rooms Poor

by TripAdvisor Member RichardXLondon

A nice hotel overall, perhaps, but I'd booked a single room which turned out to be tiny with a loud ceiling fan in the bathroom that would not go off, and some other problems -- the room had not been properly prepared. I asked reception to sort the problem out and they said they didn not have anyone who could, or another room for me, so for the £112 I paid (through travelsupermarket through ASDA) I had a very poor, noisy hotel experience.

Not to be recommended, I'm afraid.

Richard, London

Great Place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member VikIndia

I have just returned from a long weekend at Hotel Alexandra. The hotel is magnificent and have experienced a small hotel with such a class. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel. Stayed at one of the design rooms. Breakfast is a lovely continental spread with cheeses fruit pastries etc and with fantastic freshly home baked bread. Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holiday and I am extremely fussy! Perhaps the most convinient place if you plan to visit Copenhagen by foot. The best value for money ever spent.

Cosy design hotel at top location in Copenhagen

by TripAdvisor Member 360degreetraveller

From the outside it looks like any other hotel, but when you walk through the entrance the picture changes. Hotel Alexandra is not an ordinary hotel! I would say, that this hotel adds an extra dimension to your vacation or business trip, because of its unique collection of design items created by Danish architects in the 1950ties, 60ties and 70ties. In the lobby, in the restaurant and in most of the rooms you will find architectural masterpieces of furniture and lamps. If you find a strange looking piece of furniture in your room, do ask a member of the extremely kind, friendly and experienced staff, and they will tell you the particular history of the specific object. I gave my self the privilege to an upgrade to one of the large architect rooms - and indeed the 35 Euros extra was well invested. The location must be amongst the top 5 in the city. Right in the heart of down town Copenahgen. Try this hotel next time or se more details on [-].

Just one night

by TripAdvisor Member iwawi

I was a bit scared of those two stars Alexandra has, but once I checked in, everything was above two stars. Extremely nice staff, nice room (small but cozy), flat tv, modern bathroom...you name it. Even the breakfast was worth extra stars with artistic serving and coffee in the table.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to business travelers and for those who need a good location with lower price.

Det Biovidenskabelige Fakultets HaveDet Biovidenskabelige Fakultets Have

The Elephant TowerThe Elephant Tower

Boat tour CopenhagenBoat tour Copenhagen

ZooZoo

Prepaid sim card

by sunshineonjesse

1. Is there a prepaid sim card that I can buy which can be used through out Europe?

2. I Have Blackberry, does pre pay service include BB function such as internet / BB chat

Re: Prepaid sim card

by Razmataac

You should be able to get a pre-paid account several places. Like 7-ll or supermaket chains like Føtex. It would work internationally but at a very hig cost as you would have to pay double roaming.

I imagine you could use it on the internet but at several dollars a minute.

Comments