Caroline Merkel B&B

Good For No Data

More about Copenhagen

Prices as off Aug 2010Prices as off Aug 2010

FælledparkenFælledparken

VT-friends celebrating a Brøndby victory, he heVT-friends celebrating a Brøndby victory, he he

View from the waterView from the water

Hiring a taxi or driver for longer trip

by pmclaugh

Is it possible to hire a taxi or driver to take me from Copenhagen to Aalborg? How can I find out the price for this and find a reputable company? Thanks!

by HansDK

Any special reason you want to hire a taxi? It's going to be expensive - about DKK 13/km plus ferry or bridge toll.

Norwegian (http://www.norwegian.com) have flights from DKK 149.

by pmclaugh

Is it about 400 km from Denmark to Aalborg? I realize there are faster, less expensive ways to travel but my time is limited and I really wanted to see some of the countryside and go through towns, etc. so next time I can rent a car to drive myself. Any suggestions on where I could find a reputable company? Thanks!

by IndianPacific

Well, any taxi company in Copenhagen would take you there.

by HansDK

City centre to city centre via Great Belt bridge is 413 km, via Odden-Ebeltoft ferry 322 km. The toll fee for the bridge is DKK 220 each way. Ferry is about same, but can't check as their website is down at the moment.

All taxis in Denmark are reputable. For long distance trips you may be able to negotiate a price and not using the metre.

Hiring a taxi or driver for longer trip

by pmclaugh

Thank you for your helpful information. I am a Canadian woman and will be travelling alone to meet up with friends in Denmark - can you recommend a couple of taxi cab company names that I could contact (established and professional companies) in advance to ask about prices, etc. ?

I don't want to trouble my friends with coming to pick me up in Copenhagen and it would give me a little time 'on my own' to enjoy the drive through Denmark.

I appreciate your help!

by HansDK

The largest taxi company in Copenhagen is Taxa 4x35 - http://www.4x35.dk/ (in Danish only) - email: TeamLeder@Taxa4x35.dk

You could also try: http://www.cphlimo.com/

by pmclaugh

Thank you so much HansDK - you have been very helpful! By the way, I noticed that you have the same birthday as me - July 8th - so happy belated birthday!
Hope you are having a great summer. The weather in Canada has been hot and sunny - quite amazing! Thanks again.

Travel Tips for Copenhagen

No Internet Access? Try Sidewalk Express.

by johngayton

This, as a general tip, is just something that I found quite useful on my last trip to Copenhagen, where it transpired that my hotel's advertised internet access turned out to be ONE COMPUTER IN THE LOBBY!!!

At Central Station there is an automated "internet cafe", with no staff, just an easy to use bunch of machines. You pay at a central machine( one of the red ones) and receive a log-in code and password and then you can use any of the the machines, anywhere that you come across one, for up to 3 days, depending on the amount of time you purchase.

So if you are only here for a few days, just need to check, and perhaps reply, an odd email or two, then this system is as good as any - at the time of writing it costs 29 DKK for about 90 minutes, and the thing to remember is that those 90 minutes are total time over the 3 days. Yep, well useful.

I do believe there are several sites around Scandanavia and it certainly works out cheaper than most of the roaming WiFi options such as T-Mobile if you only need short daily "fixes" ;) HeHe depends on how much of an addict you really are!!!

Sightseeing bus

by travelife

Don't have to think what others say about how long it may take to see Copenhagen properly. All you end up with your time and research. If both are scarce you should go for sightseeing tour. Travel at your own pace.

Beautiful girl at sea, the...

by l_joo

Beautiful girl at sea, the name is Den Lille Havfrue statueOne thing very funny was, local people in Copenhagen never understand what you talking about when metioning Little Mermaid statue, that's why I need 2 hours to get there.

The Old Stock Exchange

by Mariajoy

Built between 1619 and 1640, for King Christian IV, the former Stock Exchange on Slotsholmen, with its green copper roof and ornate spire with 4 dragon's tails is unfortunately not open to the general public.

Danish People

by Marpessa

I have found the people of Copenhagen to be very friendly. Especially on my first night in the city, when I arrived late and got myself completely lost. I took a bus from the airport into the city, but missed my stop as I couldn't read the stop signs in the dark. I ended up going way past my destination and waited until I came to a stop in a well lit area before I got off the bus.

There was a petrol station across the road, so I went in and the girl there helped me to call a taxi and gave the driver instructions to where I wanted to go (I had gone way past where I was supposed to be). The girl was very friendly and went out of her way to help me get to my accommodation.

Other Danes that I met on my trip, like some at my hostel, I found to be helpful and friendly as well, especially in giving me tips on what to see in this beautiful city.

Comments