Comfort Hotel Esplanaden

More about Comfort Hotel Esplanaden

LouisianaLouisiana

Danish Design CentreDanish Design Centre

Boat tour CopenhagenBoat tour Copenhagen

Walking on a nice dayWalking on a nice day

Where to stay

by ukboy

Hi

My girlfiriend and I will be visiting Copenhagen in a couple of weeks. I think we've left it a bit late for booking hotels, as many mentioned on this forum are already booked.

We'd like to be in a good central location, in a reasonable hotel (budget up to 1000DKK per night). Currently we're trying to choose between the Radisson Scandinavian or the Comfort Hotel Esplanaden. We'd like to know which of these is better located/nicest hotel.

Should we avoid either of them? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

by Sjalen

The Scandinavian is not as centrally located as its sister hotel the Royal. Still, not completely out of the way (walking distance to the City Hall) and a good view from the top floors I'd imagine.

The Esplanaden is in an area with not that much life (more offices and harbour traffic) but also within walking distance to the Nyhavn canal area and the rest of the city centre.

I can't say anything about their standards.

Here is a group of hotels which all have good locations. They sometimes have special offers if you click around on their page...

Re: Re: Where to stay

by Sjalen

Clicked too fast, here we go:

Where to stay

by ukboy

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are visting Copenhagen in a couple of weeks. I think we've left it a bit late for booking hotels, as many mentioned on this forum are already booked.

We'd like to be in a good central location, in a reasonable hotel (budget up to 1000DKK per night). Currently we're looking between the Radisson Scandinavian and the Comfort Hotel Esplanaden. We'd like to know which of these two is better located / better hotel?

Should we avoid either? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

by cachaseiro

radisson is the best of the 2 but comfort is better located in my opinion.
both hotels are fine though.

by AcornMan

I don't know anything about the two hotels you listed, but I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Opera. It's within easy walking distance of all the major sites in Copenhagen, including Nygavn and the Stroget. My favorite part was the outstanding breakfast included with the price of the room. Have a look at my travel tips for more information about it. Enjoy your trip!

Travel Tips for Copenhagen

Beer

by barryg23

Beer is popular in Denmark. Arriving in the airport, at about 10.30 am on a Saturday morning, one of the first sights we saw was a number of women relaxing enjoying their pints in the bar at the airport. And they weren't Brits on a hen night, these were definitely Danish women.

I really enjoyed sampling the various Danish beers during our trip. I had tasted Carlsberg before, of course, though just like having Guinness in Ireland, it did taste better in Copenhagen. There was also a dark version of Carlsberg, called special brew I think, which was delicious.

The other big brand is Tuborg which is almost as ubiquitous as Carlsberg. I found the taste similar enough to Carlsberg though there are a few different varieties which are well worth trying.

webpage tips from danes "about" Copenhagen

by L.K

A big help and good tips about Wonderful Copenhagen you will finde if you go to

www.aok.dk

you can turn the webpage into english and get all the best tips on almost everything

What happens in Copenhagen week by week - the best restaurants - hottest places to go - where to find a good coffebar - Sights and Activities -Hotels & Lodging - Arts & Entertainment - shopping

Do the brewery tour at Tuborg.

by richiecdisc

The ferry ride from Sweden to Copenhagen was a bit rough though not a particularly long trip. Once I had the ticket in my hand, my mind was racing. There it was in bold printing. Okay, it was in Swedish, so it wasn’t so easy to understand, but even with no linguistic capabilities, I could make out that we were headed for a place called Fra Tuborg Havn, and knowing that Tuborg was made in Copenhagen, I was sure that we were headed directly for the brewery. Everyone else thought me mad, but I just knew it had to be so. We joked how we might not see any of town now that we’d be caught up drinking right off the boat. Kristin and I had been visiting our Swedish friend, Patrick, in Falkenberg, a smallish southwestern coastal town, and it was he that suggested this day trip to Copenhagen. It was standard practice for the Swedes to do this trip merely to drink cheaply and do some shopping. This was ,of course, when the Swedish krone was stronger than the Danish one. This was no longer the case, and we’d be reminded of this constantly when out two friends met each other and we found out about the rivalry between the two countries. But as we neared land, it became apparent that we were indeed headed right for the brewery. Once ashore, I went directly for the office to see if tours were available and was told that one was going out immediately if we cared to join. Walking back to my cohorts with the biggest grin, they needed no words to know what our first call of business would be in the new country. The tour itself was standard fare, but it was a big and boisterous crowd as we came upon the tasting room at the tour’s end. Seated at tables seemingly covered in bottles of beer, it was explained that we could drink all we wanted but would only have about an hour to do so. Needless to say, it was a raucous swilling affair that had us drinking not only all the bottles on our table, but many from adjoining ones too! At the end, we were let out on the streets where we made from one pub to the next, bypassing lots of great squares in a parody of the old Monkees.

Mini Cards

by travelife

Like many other big cities in Europe, you can pick up mini-cards of different sites with basic information on what its all about. On one side there is a convenient simple map to show you how to get there. In copenhagen commune information centre at City Hall square, you also see mini-cards for sights in Malmø.

Kopenhagen port

by chancay

From the Copenhagen port you can go every day on almost cruiser like ships to other big harbour cities in Scandinavia as as well to Germany and Russia.

Distances in nautical miles from:
Oslo 272