First Hotel Vesterbro Copenhagen

Booking.com Expedia.com www.choice.no

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Tourist Hotel

At check in we were tired and grumpy and I thought I had checked into a one star flop house. But the next day I say the reason the carpets were frayed and paint spattered were because they are renovating the hotel. This is not a 4 star hotel but it is located a block from the train station and the staff could not have been nicer. Great morning breakfast but beware loads of tourists stay here in bus loads.

Unique Quality: Near Tivoli and the train station with a very friendly helpful staff

Directions: Train station and Tivoli

• Paper-thin walls meets breakfast-a-plenty

The room was clean and modernly furnished and had seperate security doors that opened only with valid keycards.. and everything seemed fine for starters..

BUT.. we heard practically everything the people staying next door were doing / talking.. and I mean EVERYTHING. Also, when somebody closes the door near your room it will be heard and ALSO felt as the floors and walls rumbles..

The walls here are paper thin. We got very little sleep while staying here.

On the plus side the location is excellent. Near all the good restaurants and main railway station.
    Breakfast buffet was good. Interesting self-cutting mechanism with cheeses, though.

• Sharman's Profile Photo

Comfortable in Copenhagen

We booked this hotel on the internet and it was just as described. It is very modern and clean and situated within about a five minute walk of the Tivoli Gardens. Our room was spacious and had everything you would expect in a 4 star hotel. Breakfast was plentiful and had a very varied choice. You could eat either in the large breakfast room or in the covered Atrium Garden which gave you a lovely outdoor feel. It was very busy when we were there, but the food just kept coming as soon as anything ran out. We didn't eat any other meals in the hotel, but there were plenty of restaurants nearby. Apparently this is the third largest hotel in Denmark, but this didn't stop it feeling very friendly and personal.

Unique Quality: The Atrium Garden which is situated right in the heart of hotel under cover, is a very pleasant area. Not only can you eat breakfast here you can also just relax at any time with a drink etc. Some of the rooms overlook this area.

Directions: Follow the Vesterbrogade past Tivoli Gardens. Keep walking past Reventlowsgade and you will eventually see the hotel on your left.

More about First Hotel Vesterbro Copenhagen

Good location

by TripAdvisor Member Shehnaz

Close enough to the station, First Hotel Vesterbro lives up to its pictures on the website. Nice sized rooms tastfully furnished. Lovely breakfast room. Complimentary coffee and croissants if your fare does not include breakfast. Book through third party to get a better deal than the price quoted on their website.

Good Choice for Exploring Copenhagen

First Hotel Vesterbro is an excellent choice for exploring this wonderful city. Though the rooms were a bit small, with minimal storage, they were very clean, quiet and nicely decorated. We rented bikes for 2 days (the best way to see this biker-friendly city, as it can be easily navigated by bike) and the hotel has a secure storage park to house the bikes at night.
There is a nice grocery right next to the hotel, which has a great pastry/sandwich deli in the front. The hotel is also in walking distance to Tivoli- the famed amusement park which is worth visiting.

Great stopover

My husband and I spent a night in Copenhagen before boarding a cruise ship and we chose the First Hotel Vesterbro based on reviews and other research.
We flew into Copenhagen airport, grabbed a quick train to Copenhagen's main station, and walked the couple blocks to the hotel, which was easy to find. Check in was a breeze, and our room was modern and well appointed. We had a room facing the street, and I kept the windows open all night, so it was kind of noisy. The room did have air conditioning so I could have avoided that problem if I wanted to.
The "breakfast" for the rate we paid ($168...Copenhagen is not cheap!) was just coffee, juice and a croissant in a very crowded lobby. You can pay extra and get a full breakfast at the restaurant but it's kind of pricey. There were airline crews and bus tour groups staying at our hotel so it was pretty crowded downstairs.
The hotel is withing easy walking distance to Tivoli Gardens, lots of restaurants, and of course the train station. Taxis are easy to get right outside. There is a grocery store next door for cheap eats, etc.
Next time we're in Copenhagen we would stay here again.

OK hotel great location

by TripAdvisor Member mairebeth

just back from a short stay at this hotel in my opinion it is not a four star hotel compared to other hotes I have stayed in but then it is in Copenhagen. The best part about this hotel is its location and the security into the bedrooms which was good - you had to use your room keycard to open the doors into the hallways which led to the bedrooms. I had a single room and paid around £206 for 2 nights which is not cheap for a small room. I complained about the room but I was not moved - my room number was 329 opposite the laundry room where staff seem to be working early in the morning. I have to say I found the staff pleasant, the breakfast was good and the hotel was clean but well worn. There is internet access in the room at a cost but I asked reception and was told there is a business centre where you can book internet for half an hour for free which I did. Prices for drinks etc in the hotel were expensive I paid around £3.00 for a cappucino which was half a cup of cold coffee. The bar area is in the lobby/reception area which is not very relaxing and the tables are nearly always taken. If I go back to Copenhagen I would not stay here the standard is not good enough. My advice is only book here because of its location and if you get a good deal.

Copenhagen: Hotel Neptun or First Hotel Vesterbro?

by Joanandjoe

We will be in Copenhagen in mid-June. We are supposed to be booked into First Hotel Vesterbro; but our TA was unable to get us a room for one of the six nights, and has booked us into the Hotel Neptun instead. Is that a plus or a minus? Put differently, should we insist that the TA somehow get us a room in the First Hotel Vesterbro?

Re: Copenhagen: Hotel Neptun or First Hotel Vester

by Sjalen

No, no - just be happy. Vesterbro is perfectly safe and full of nightlife and shopping and also close to "the lakes" but you are close to the seedier central station area too. Neptun on the other hand is just around the corner from my office and more importantly for you, just around the corner from the seafront (bring windproofs!) which is at least what I think Copenhagen is much about. You are in picturesque and colourful Nyhavn (with expensive restaurants) in five minutes. There you can have a beer or coffee and just study people and old ships or go for a canal tour yourself (see pictures in my travelogue). You are also just five minutes from the royal palace and ten minutes walk from the more posh "lower end" of Stroget pedestrian street. If you insist on seeing the Mermaid you are also better off at Neptun ;-)

Comments