Stranduejen 203, Copenhagen, Zealand, 2900, Denmark
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Copenhagen

View from the boat.View from the boat.

Garisonskirken (The Garrison Church)Garisonskirken (The Garrison Church)

ArbejdermuseetArbejdermuseet

Church of our SaviorChurch of our Savior

Rigsarkivet (State Archives)

by jayrule

The address for the stat archives is Rigsdagsgarden 9, DK 1218 Kbn. K. Is it near the Black Diamond? or is in a different location?

Re: Rigsarkivet (State Archives)

by HansDK

The 2 locations are about 300 m apart. Rigsarkivet is next to Christiansborg Castle. The Black Diamond is a the barbour front. From Rigsarkivet it's an easy walk down Proviantpassagen to the harbour front where you turn right and will be able to see the Black Diamond.

Re: Rigsarkivet (State Archives)

by jayrule

Thanks,

Travel Tips for Copenhagen

Checking local weather..

by Durfun

For general reference use the BBC World Average conditions. Very good guide.

Here's stuff on Copenhagen:

March Average max/min = +5/-1; Record max/min +19/-18
April Average max/min = +10/+3; Record max/min +22/-9

Check 5 day local forecasts 1 week before leaving:

It's a fun city for sure :) Canal ride admiring the chic buildings all around.

The sweet mermaid site.

walking and walking....

by alpikalpik

Summary C.E.O
"I guess they have a nationalistic party ruling the small country, they have flags everywhere, I don t like such things.. I wouldn t like to live there, it seems boring.... Germany is much better, I met with some Turkish migrants was fun, girls are looking good, it s getting expensive when you drive to the north "
I was walking a lot in copenhagen, I was alone travelling to Norway from Germany, and ended in CPH for a night -this was my plan
I liked the busses and buildings.. They were slightly different than those ones in Germany
Sky was grey and city was just living some normal march day. Not a real tourist season I guess
I found a funny hotel..I thought it was cheap in the begining when I looked from outside..had no idea..
then I entered there was something wrong in the hotel.. nobody was there...
I walked up to upstairs then i found a bunch of people eaiting all together.. They looked like muslims and I said magic words "es salaam un aleykum2 and they tried to understand where was I coming from, so we met I was already going to eat with them..
Our friendly meeeting took 10 minutes, then I found my self in the best room of the hotel, the rest was in construction...I planned to stay 1 night but they said stay for free the next day, so I stayed 2 nights instead of 1. I am great finding good contacts world wide
This best room had a big bed , one of them later adviced me to find a girl.. I liekd those guys though
And then copenhagen was rather empty, I went out and I ve understood I was just next to hauptbahnhof in german. I don t remember Danish...Then i saw some IDU -Intraveneous Drug USE ^rs. I have never seen such a thing on the street in my life. Just after that a blonde woman asked me If I want sex, And then she offered a very cheap price.. My inspector mind , suddenly realized this woman was a IDU too and in need of an urgent money, Sure I said no but these two little incident made me realized I was not in the safest place of the city. I had no plan just one night to kill and a look around..I saw a pub had 2 beers watched TV-great thing to do in a new city- then looked for a museum couldn t find I did not want to ask for one....
Once I thought I should take a photo... I asked one guy he said he was in a hurry what a some busy weird people ...
then I didn t even want to have a photo, it s a problem when you are alone...

then I don t remember that well more then 1.5 years before you know
then I went to another bar one another day
-met with a guy we made a photo -hehe
he definatly had some problems, first he was speaking in english and living in denmark-
In a very stupid bar quite early in the day...
I don t know many other things.. then my phone ranged I was talking in turkish
he heard that i guess came to me asked what I was doing there then we became friends for a few hours
he told me he was "hunting" for tourists in sultanahmet in istanbul, got married with a danish lady and ended up there.... he invited me to a restaurant there was this kurdish chef working there, we ate like hell, didn t pay anything..great food!
then we drank more beers and he told me all about his life which was interesdting for mee but not very interesting for you I guess..

the next day some more travel by chnce again some turkish youth these guys were even funnier!!! we made a car trip around the city.. They had same level of "geyik muhabbeti" kind of bullying each other and having jokes as my friends back home.
I liked that we exchanged numbers but then i lost my phone in s bahn in berlin

we went to a canal I could imagine it must be a great city 100 years ago.. trade by ships, chess parties etc etc.

then i took a bus to Oslo.... what a journey

THE FORTRESS RING, A MUST !

by eden_teuling

This RING is a term for the former militairy defence installations constructed during the 1600s, a ring around Copenhagen.
It was a typical Renaissance fortification with high ramparts, projecting bastions and deep moats. It served up to the mid-19th C.

It is 10 km.in circumference. After the demolition of the ramparts a large part around the Inner City were laid out for recreational purposes and were the first parks in C'hagen opeeen to the public.
These parks came to host lots of cultural and teaching institutions.
The majority of the former fortifications belong to the Danish Ministry of Defence and the City of C'hagen.
All areas in the FORTRESS RING are accessible to the public, though some only in daytime!

THE FORTRESS RING is divided into three general areas defined by the themes: THE MUSEUM PARK, THE FORTIFICATION PARK AND THE CITY GATES.

Unfortunately there is too little space here to tell you more about the history of this RING, but go to the Tourist Office and get a brochure ......it is called: ABOUT THE RAMPARTS OF COPENHAGEN.

I enjoyed it all tremendously.....

You must go to 'Tivoli...

by Luis_Alberto

You must go to 'Tivoli Gardens', just great, it is not at all like Dysneland. It has been around for over hundred years and fifty years. Get a Copenhagen card, this little card will be of great use to you, while you tour the city. I met a few people in this city, and I had a wonderful time.

Stroget

by Erkmen

Strolling up and down in "Stroget" can take your whole day.. It is a quiet long pedestrain street with many shops, Cafes, department stores and Restaurants..

The street is also hosting many music players to perform their talents..

Comments