Hotel Ansgar Copenhagen

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Good Old Booking.com!

I had booked the Saga Hotel through www.booking.com but when I arrived there the receptionist apologetically explained that they needed to put me in their sister hotel, The Ansgar, just down the road. She pointed out that this was an upgrade from two to three stars which wasn't going to cost me anything apart from the extra 80 metres walk.

I'm not one to moan about being upgraded!

As it turned out the Hotel Ansgar suited me perfectly - the extra 80 metres was neither here nor there and in fact when I left the city to catch the Eurolines coach to Hamburg it put me 80 metres closer to the bus stop (HA! An extra 23 seconds in bed that morning LOL ;-)).

Unique Quality: Despite building work going on this was probaly the best hotel I've stayed in so far in Copenhagen (bearing in mind that I'm usually pretty frugal). Although bijou my room had everything required, was spotlessly clean, the bed comfortable, the freebie WiFi spot-on and the breakfast well worth getting up for - if I remember correctly they served it from early until something like 11 am. Staff too were friendly and efficient and check-in/out a mere formality and when I asked where the Eurolines office was the receptionist damn near hand-walked me there.

Location, just off Central Station, was also ideal as it was still within easy walking distance of my favourite pub and also pretty much everywhere else I wanted to go.

No complaints at all.

Just as a minor digression. It's amazing how often I get upgraded with hotels booked through booking.com (probably about 50% of the time). I reckon the hotels realise that because booking.com actively seeks reviews from its users then the hotels are going to do whatever they can to ensure the favourable reviews.

Directions: Just off Istedgade, close to the west entrance to Central Station.

More about Hotel Ansgar Copenhagen

Any hotel to recommand in Copenhagen

by kjeeri

Hi!

We are a norwegian couple going to Copenhagen in november.

We have found some hotels; and we just wonder.
Have anybody of you stayed at one of these hotels and can tell us something about it:

Hotel Nebo
Saga Hotel
Selandia Hotel
Turisthotellet
Hotel Løven

If you have any other suggestions at hotel under 1800 DKK for 2 nights, i will be glad!

We will prefer a room with doublebed (not twin), breakfast and private bathroom

Kind regards,
Kjersti

by Belsaita

I stayed at Dgi-Byens Hotel, my only complaint was the heat (so I imagine there is not a problem in Novermber). Somewhat basic but clean and good breakfast for about 1300 DKK

See my review here: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/42b95/27987/3/

RE: RE: Any hotel to recommand in Copenhagen

by cachaseiro

try and seach on copenhagen here on vt and you will find lot´s of hotel reviews coming up on just about every hotel in town.
i have a few recommendations in the cheaper end on my copenahegn page for instance.

by trotador

At the Red Light District you can find lot of hotels with good prices. it is a save area.

Hotel Ansgar
Hotel Du Nord

by NordicTraveller

Ibis is a no-frills, what you need hotel. I prefer Accor hotels on my travels. Ibis usually just charges one price per room, although some charge a 10 - 15% addition for a double room, but it is always economical. Cheap, clean, friendly and usually well located. Try www.ibishotels.com or www.accorhotels.com. Hope this helps.

by Tom_In_Madison

I'm staying at Hotel Nebo in 2 weeks, I'll let you know how it is. I didn't know it was in the Red light district, that explains why it's so cheap I guess.
I have seen recommendations for it for families though on guide books here in the US.

RE: RE: Any hotel to recommand in Copenhagen

by TheView

If you like something special ....

Comments