Jarmers Plads 3, (Formerly Park Hotel), Copenhagen, Zealand, 1551, Denmark

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 20% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Surreal!

Let's face it, this is easily the most surreal and bizarre hotel I have ever stayed in. By far. My best friends booked us all in here for a girls weekend when they came to surprise me and if the cocktails didn't get us giggling (see nightlife tip), the rooms certainly did. One of the friends ended up with the "Anti Gravity Room" and had a chained up inflatable dinosaur in her room :))) Try that one after a couple of cocktails with the girls!!! It also included a picture of Alaska on the wall and the most spooky drawings and paintings I have seen in a room. Do ask before you book so you know you'll get a room you can actually SLEEP in without nightmares. You can see pictures of it if you look at all of them (and more on their website below). Our room on the other hand, was very clean cut and designed by the head designer of Volkswagen since the hotel cooperates with it for some reason we never figured out. We also managed to get a peak at the "Fertility Room" which is what I would chose if I stayed here with my daughter as she would love the deep forest wallpaper and the porcellain animals on the shelves :))) Apart from the bar, the hotel also has an excellent restaurant (see restaurant tip). The only thing I never liked was the breakfast which was as odd as the rest of it - i.e. surprising. But yes, it was certainly healthier than most hotel breakfasts and it does fill you up. It is also offered until 11.00 which is very generous to clubbers. Oh, the room outfit? They are all clean and with WC/bath as well as TV and a comfy bed. Some can be a bit noisy when clubbers return to Norreport station. The picture here is from the interior of the lift where this Boba Fet dog had its own food bowl...

Unique Quality: Everything!

Directions: Only a few blocks from the City Hall in the direction of Oersted's Park.

• JulesH's Profile Photo

Chic and arty

I didn't actually stay here in the end...we were due to move here on Saturday but our hangover and the fact we'd paid for our hotel in advance prevented us. However, if I come to Denmark again, I will be sure to check in here!

Unique Quality: Every room is different and decorated like a work of art! The rooms are not too expensive considering the price of a basic room in Copenhagen.

More about Hotel Fox

Secret menu

by Sjalen about Fox Kitchen & Bar

The Hotel Fox is famous for its weird decorating (see accommodation tip) but also has an excellent restaurant worth trying if you are a bit adventurous and like most things. We tried the three course menu which is in fact secret. You get what you're given. Once it arrives at your table, the friendly staff explain to you what you see in front of you and it is all very nice. Seen in this picture is our main course which included the most succulent piece of venison I have ever had (apart from possibly in Budapest) and it came with a sorbet. I was so taken by this that I took the photo when it was already melting :))) One of my friends cannot eat lactose products and the chef happily accommodated her with alternatives without losing the surprise factor. There is wine and such but they actually recommend their special low alcohol cocktails to compliment each meal. As much as possible is organically grown produce. The interior is also quite exciting. You can reserve a table for early or late evening sittings and of course head for the hotel bar afterwards. Three course dinner :)

Innovative, with some downsides

by TripAdvisor Member davesax

I've stayed at Hotel Fox for 1 night in a single room at the 5th floor, visiting Copenhagen for business. The hotel location is quite central, it is at walkable distance from the central station and close to the Rhadus and the beginning of the Stroget.
Reception staff has been very helpful and kind. The hotel looks very original and I would suggest to young people. Breakfast is minimal and served at the reception desk. The most important downside is the room: although the hotel has undergone a major renovation with artists painting each room, some important parts have been kept as before. For example the bathroom, electric appliances and the lift are still old and need replacement.

Cool Experience

by TripAdvisor Member nicegirl512

The Hotel Fox was my splurge when I went to Scandinavia, and I think it was worth it. If you're *really* stretching your budget to say there I'd say save your money, but if it fits your budget I do recommend it. The concept of each room having a different art theme is very cool, the lobby is "futuristic" in a fun way. I didn't find the staff super-friendly, but they weren't snobby toward me either (woman traveling alone). It was near a subway stop and pretty easy to find. The breakfast was quite delicious. There were no drinks on the rooftop patio when I was there (too late in the season) so I didn't get any of the conviviality that is supposed to characterize it. The other hotel guests did not seem interested in talking to people outside their party. The room had a full bathtub of which I took major advantage to soothe my travel weary feet.

Positively surprised...

by TripAdvisor Member chica85

I stayed at the Hotel Fox from Sep. 27 for four nights. I was in Copenhagen for business first (then for fun) but the hotel where the seminar took place was just too expensive. So I decided to try something new and stayed at Hotel Fox in room # 212.

I have been a little bit worried after reading all the reviews here, but when I checked into my room a was surprised. It was not to "over-designed" and everything was clean (apart from a bit dust on the floor) and the room was big enough for two people (we booked a medium room). We had a nice comfy bed with great cushions and duvets, a desk and a flatscreen TV. The bathroom was also clean apart from the shower curtain which looked a bit old. The only thing which was missing was a wardrobe. Insteadt you had a clothes rail and a bit space to put things underneath.

The hotel is also conveniently located near the city hall square and everything is in walking distance (Tivoli, shops, huge pedestrian area etc.)

When you asked for help the staff was really friendly. Breakfast was also great and very unique. Their motto is "everything in a glass". So you get fruits, crepes, yogurt, etc. served in a glass. We didn't try the restaurant but it looked very hip and trendy.

I'd probably stay there again and would love to see what the other rooms look like.

Pleasently surprised

by TripAdvisor Member marathon4

Having read all the reviews of Hotel Fox on this website, we weren't sure what to expect but we chose it on the strenght of the location and the price (€150 for a twin room per night).

We were pleasently surprised by the hotel. Our room, a medium, was a decent size, very interesting design, with comfortable beds and duvets. Our bathroom was also fine, a lot bigger than many hotel bathrooms I've stayed in and it was great to have a bath. The room was spotlessly clean.

As other reviews have said the breakfast was excellent.

Our one complaint was the lobby area, which was dreadfully smokey in the evenings when it turned into a bar. Maybe it is coming from smoke free Ireland but this was horrible to walk into each evening (though we could walk through in a few seconds) and surprisingly there was no trace of smoke at breakfast in the mornings. The restaurant, that we didn't have a chance to try, was smoke free, as were the rooms so maybe the smokey lobby is a small price to pay for this.

Watch Out for Lackluster Service!

by TripAdvisor Member jet_set_747

While the rooms are unique, the stairways need some refurbishment.. Generally clean, but the lobby and hallways are TOO BRIGHT! It's like walking into bright sunshine - not what you want to return to after a night out.

The main problem during my stay was a service issue that I encountered with the night attendant... The rooms do not have minibars and there is no room service. Late one night I inquired about the advertised (on keys and in-room booklet) "snack service." The night attendant informed me that they did have any despite the advertisements. I then asked for a pint of yoghurt from the breakfast supply. While I could see right across the counter to where the yogurat was he would not give me one, erroneously claiming it is only for breakfast use. So, at about 2 am in the morning I had to exchange currency and walk about 15 minutes for something that could have simply been passed over the counter. Further, when I asked to use one of the bikes that the hotel provides to get to the 7 Eleven shop, he REFUSED. This treatment is unacceptable in a professional hospitality environment. I had to be up early the next morning and the process was quite a hassle.

I will probably stay at the Front Hotel during my next visit.

Faux Art Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member EFFIEAthens

My husband and I have just returned from a business trip to Copenhagen. As we are professionals in the interior design business we always try to stay in design or art hotels. The Fox is exactly the kind of hotel that gives a bad name to this type of hotels as it has totally misunderstood the basic rules that are to be observed if one claims to belong to them and I wonder how tablet hotels have included them in their collection. The artists involved had obviously great intentions and a great deal of creativeness is evident but they were given limited financial recources to realise them and no instructions at all as to observe the basic rules of hospitality required, that is to also respect the purpose of the spaces they were creating. As an artist myself I can see that they were given free reign to create interesting spaces but were not told that this was supposed to be a hotel. It may be O.K to do away with bourgoise amenites like a dressing table or a waste basket or a mini bar but I should think that a GLASS would be necessary to drink water from the bathroom tap at least. The very tight budget they worked on does not do them justice and it is a shame they have signed such poorly executed work[cheap materials, rough masking of already existing features, door with gaps, dirty floors even in the breakfast area and smelly carpets. It already is in serious need of repair as it looks worn and torn and seedy. As for breakfast, the ageist [like racist] attitude is evident as it is assumed that only young people appreciate modern design as the seating area has so low seating that older people would have trouble sitting, let alone having breakfast there. I was also not impressed by the snobbish attitude of the staff who seem to think they are working in an establisment like THE Hempel in London!
In conclusion stay away if you are a fan of such hotels.
EFFIE ATHENS

Boutique hotel in copenhagen

by amazingclick

I am very confused about the hotels. My budget is about USD $ 200..and I want to stay in a small boutique hotel in the center of Copenhagen. Any recommendations?

Re: Boutique hotel in copenhagen

by HansDK

Re: Boutique hotel in copenhagen

by cachaseiro

i´d recommend hotel fox.
cool hotel in a good location and within your budget.
all rooms in that place are unique and the place is very much a meeting place for the hip crowd.

Comments