Hotel Nebo Copenhagen

See Amenities
mindcrime's Profile Photo

City Hotel NEBO

by written on March 12, 2012

It’s 2star hotel that’s ideal for travelers that cant afford the expensive rates in Copenhagen. The staff at the front desk (24h open) was helpful (they speak excellent English) but some of them not really friendly (ok, not all of them). The last day we could leave our luggage at the lobby area but it wasn’t locked or anything just an area that anynone can put/take anything. There are lockers at the train station though.

The lobby has some couches where you can stay for a while, there’s also a TV there and a desktop computer (free internet access) but also wifi access (surcharge). It’s great if you don’t plan to stay many days in Copenhagen, we didn’t want to spend much time in the room anyway.

Location:
We wanted a hotel close to Central Station and City Hotel Nebo is 1’ away :) The area is full of hotels, not the best part of the city of course, kind of dark as expected but we didn’t care much. There was a small market at the corner and a lot of budget restaurants in less than 5’ away. The Town Hall is 7’ away, Tivoli 5’ away and apart from the trains you can also catch most of the buses that pass/depart from the Train Station anyway.

The room:
Although we were on the upper floors it was kind of noisy due to thin walls, you hear a lot of noises (doors open close non stop) but what you pay is what you get here.
There are many different rooms, we noticed some tiny single rooms but also some normal ones and there must be some superior. Most of them with shared bathroom and WC. Bath facilities were clean, there was always hot water with good pressure and always a sampoo available. The toilets were tiny but clean.
We didn’t have a safe box in the room (I think you can leave things at the safe deposit box at front desk).
The room was cleaned every day so for its category was ok but the carpet was there centuries ago :) The mattress wasn’t very comfortable but the bedsheets were clean.

Breakfast
There is a room next to the front door for breakfast but it wasn’t included and we didn’t try it

Directions: next to Central Station in the centre of Copenhagen

Terrible Customer Service

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2012

Due to an unfortunate error, we accidentally booked two hotels on the same dates for a recent trip to Copenhagen. We quickly realized we could simply ask one of the hotels to move our dates forward by three days, and we'd be fine. Hotel Nebo were unwilling to do this. Our reservation had already been paid for, and so they were totally unwilling to help us. Considering we were asking a full seven months in advance, and considering that I could see online that the rooms were open, I cannot get over the fact that they refused to do this simple thing for us. Simply reprehensible. I will never visit them again.

monicarc's Profile Photo

NOISY hotel....

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 11, 2009

While this place has a great location and good price for copenhagen (with breakfast included), the rooms along the street are NOT SOUND proof--so basically its like buses, trucks, cars, etc etc are driving right next to you while you are trying to sleep.

Unique Quality: The room itself was nice.

Directions: Very close to train station.

johngayton's Profile Photo

AKA Missionshotellet Nebo!

by written on April 5, 2007

For a cheap central hotel this place is fine. Don't expect huge rooms, but the accommodation is fine if all you need is a place to crash at whatever time you get in in the morning!! Shared facilities are more than adequate and spotlessly clean, staff are friendly and helpful. I even managed breakfast one day which was the usual cold meats, cereals, bread etc. but good and with decent coffee.

I've stayed here twice, so far, and it is my #1 choice here in CPH. But it does get fully-booked quite far in advance and so there are times I've had to stay elsewhere.

Unique Quality: The "Red Light" location made for some interesting interactions at 4 am (or whenever!) but was hassle free and there is a great little bar just round the corner on Reventslowsgade. Being right next to the railway station means that it is easy to find which is also a big plus at whatever time ;-)

Just as a matter of interest - Nebo is run by a Christian foundation and all its income is reinvested in the hotel and other projects supported by the same charitable foundation.

Directions: On the street opposite the Reventlowsgade exit from the railway station, maybe 2 minutes walk, if that.

sigthor_egle's Profile Photo

Wonderful stay!

by written on March 18, 2007

We spent 2 nights at Hotel Nebo and we were pleasantly surprised. We accidentally ordered room with shared facilities and were a bit disappointed by that but it turned out perfectly fine. The walls are not very thick, so you can easily hear from next room if you have a noisy neighbour.

Unique Quality: The room was very clean, and our allergy from Comfort Hotel disappeared within a day, in fact Nebo hotel is situated next to Comfort Hotel Europa. The staff was extremly friendly and you can buy cheap soda and coffee in the lobby. Free internet access in lobby as well. Shared facilities were very clean. Breakfast: Excellent

Directions: Location: 2 min from the main train station and 5 min walk to downtown.

Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Real nice-Location, inexpensive, free brekkie!

by written on October 13, 2006

I found this on the internet, cheap, seemed like a good location so I took it. Then Raz told me a week later it was smack dab in the middleof the red light district. Yes, it skirts it, but it isn’t as bad as you might think, so don’t worry about it.

I got the smallest room, I think they called it a ‘economy backpackers room’. It had a bed, wash basin, tv and a closet. I could reach out my arms and touch both walls, but it was fine for me—I’m easy.

The common bathroom were spotless, we had 3 showers and 2 toilets on my floor for about 20 rooms. There was never a wait for me. 2 of the 3 staff were great, the Indian guy working at night seemed to be bothered with helping out. There is one free internet pc available in the lobby, and unlike most free pcs this one is fast.

360Kroner/$60/night for 1 person in small room. Fine, I’d go back in a flash.

Unique Quality: Included in the price is free brekkie—all u can eat of hard-boiled eggs, cheese, 5 kinds of cereal, toast, jam, plain & strawberry yogurt, meat cold-cuts. NOTE: Coffee, tea and juice are available, but they are stored near the kitchen, not where the food is…..I didn’t know this until my last day.

Directions: About 30 meters from the intersection that the Central Train station is on. You can throw a rock from here and hit the train station.

RawdgerDodger's Profile Photo

Close to the Train station and a great price

by written on September 5, 2006

This hotel is centrally located. It is just a couple of steps away from the train station and only a few blocks away from Tivoli gardens. It was nice to have a hotel so close to the train station and Tivoli Gardens. For example, we took a day trip across the water to Malmo Sweden and were back in time to freshen up and go out to Tivoli Gardens.

Unique Quality: This hotel offers a nice buffet style breakfast, free internet, and private rooms with a television. It is also right next to the train station and Tivoli gardens.

Directions: Near the Train station. Exit the train station and find Istedgade. There are two main exits to the train station. The exits are located on either end. The street Istedgade is perpendicular to the train station.

curiosone's Profile Photo

Good shot!

by written on April 6, 2005

Hey guys,this fantastic city is REALLY expensive in everything,so it wasn't easy to find a cheap hotel..yes,sure,you can live in a hostel,but...noo,as I like
to say "I live only once"!
Anyway I found it a good spot;clean room,good breakfast(even if there is not an excessive choose of
food..),kind and available staff...the typical scandinavian high standard that I like so much!!
Furthermore the hotel is tactically situated;near the station(safe area!Nothing to do with italian reality!)
and the wonderful city centre.
The only note:excellent the general condition (recently restructurated),but the palace structure is quite old and so it's possible,as in my case,hear a
bothering "TLIC-TLIC"of the wather that drips behind the walls when someone uses the shower...but hey!You will not stay too many time in the room for sure!You have to live the beautiful city!

p.s.
The depliant does not tell to you,but you are in the "red light district"of Copenhagen...some "bad guy"on the evening,but nothing to worry excessively...and nothing to do with the same block in Amsterdam!

Directions: You have to go out the left exit of the central station,
swim in the middle of thousands bicycles towards your
left side,go down the steps,across the road and you will find,on your right side Istedgade street...twenty meters and you will be there!

PorkchopSandwiches's Profile Photo

Home Sweet Nebo...

by written on September 16, 2004

Okay, so it's located on the edge of the Red Light District, but I swear, I only saw two hookers when I was there - just kidding. It wasn't even a scary neighborhood. We didn't have any issue with crime and the price was right. Everything is within walking distance, but then again, we walked the entire city. The rooms are small, but cute and clean. The hotel is very nice and clean and the service was great. Stay includes breakfast which was delicious - just beware of the thing that looks like chocolate cake! It's actually meat cake! I would have absolutely no problem staying there again. The hotel is located, literally, right behind the main train station, so you can take the train from the airport.

Unique Quality: Nothing exceptional about this place. Like I said, it's very cute and quaint. The rooms are smallish, but I did like how they had extra bathrooms located in the halls in case your roommate turns out to be a bathroom hog! Some of the rooms have nice couches to sleep on too.

Directions: Main Train Station

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Hotel Nebo Copenhagen

• Pets Allowed

Copenhagen Travel Forum

Need advice about Copenhagen, Denmark? Visit the Travel Forum for Copenhagen and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Copenhagen hotel reviews

Museums & Exibitions
Tourist information
Vega.
Nightlife
Mail, e-mail, telephone, internet etc.
Rust.