Hotel Sct. Thomas

Hotel Sct. Thomas
Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

• tigerjapan's Profile Photo

Decent Price

I didn't actually end up staying here, but I was booked in when i first decided to visit Copenhagen. The staff were very friendly and helpful and were polite and understanding when I cancelled my reservation and chose to stay at a B&B instead.

I chose this hotel because it has good review and it was the cheapest.

Unique Quality: When I booked the room was 395Dkk per night and that was the cheapest hotel that I could find in Copenhagen in December.

They also have breakfast and free internet included in the price.

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Copenhagen's Best Location

We had a pleasant stay in this hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly. Good atmosphere and nice surroundings. There is a selection of delicious breakfast coupled with coffee, tea, cocoa and juices. Our room is quite spacious with a TV, small desk and very comfortable bed. One thing I like the most is the cozy lounge where we review our tour for the day. You can choose from the free tour brochures and citymaps arranged on the shelves and other information essential to your trip. The two computers in the lounge with internet access is offered FREE to all guests for 24 hours which I believe is a great idea.

Unique Quality: The hotel is a perfect location as it is very close to the Tourist Information Office. It is a walking distance to events and tourist attractions like: Betty Nansen Theatre, the New Theatre, Aveny-T, Forum, The Planetarium, Frederiksberg Gardens and Tivoli. For sure, your stay with Hotel Sct Thomas will be a comfortable and memorable in all aspect. I would recommend this Hotel for a great satisfaction and reasonable price.

• Hotel Sct. Thomas...

Hotel Sct. Thomas Frederiksbergallee
    Ok but not really hotel like. The place was spotlessly clean
    but very basic (no tv or phone in room)... but then there is enough
    to do in the city without needing TV for entertainment.
    725DKR

More about Hotel Sct. Thomas

The City Hall Square

by freddie18

I come to this Square very often during my stay in Copenhagen as there is a long line of shops, restaurants and cafes. You can see in the photos I posted here, the Copenhagen City Hall in the background. The Square which is in the centre of Copenhagen was opened in the Year 1905. There is no way you will miss this historical Square as it is just across the Tourist Information Centre ( i ) and stone throw from the Tivoli Gardens.

On our arrival in Copenhagen, we walk from the Central Train Station to our Hotel Sct Thomas and pass through Rådhuspladsen (Copenhagen City Hall Square). This is the first interesting attraction we have seen from Day One.

If you plan a day trip to Sweden, you will definitely be coming to the City Hall Square as this is where you have to wait for the bus at the designated Bus Stop for Malmo, Sweden.

Accommodations in Copenhagen

by rachelph

Hello,

My friend and I are looking for budget places to stay in Copenhagen on November 7 and 8.

So far, we are interested in the Absalon Hotel, Olsen Residence, and Joergensen Hotel.

We also like the Hotel SCT Thomas. How far is it from the downtown area?

Also, in one of our guidebooks, it says that Saga hotel is on a "troublesome" street. Is this true? And what does that mean?

Do any of the places I've mentioned rise above the others? And are there other places we should consider?

Thank you for your help!

Re: Accommodations in Copenhagen

by cachaseiro

there are quite a lot of junkies around the train statin where hotel saga is.
absalon is in the same part of town.
i wont call it a dangorous area though, but some people might find it a iýttle unpleasant to walk there at night.

skt thomas is an older hotel around 15 minutes walk from the train station and the main square.
a basic little place that is not bad value.

the sam can be said about hotel joergensen.
that place caters a lot to backpackers and student groups.

Re: Re: Accommodations in Copenhagen

by MikeStarr5

I have stayed at both the Olsen Residence places -Radhuspladsen and Nyhavn - several times - You really can't do better for price and location.

The rooms are very basic but clean and quite large. There are 2 showers / toilets for 6 rooms but I seem to be on a different timescale to most regular tourists, who get up ridiculously early and stay out ridiculously late. So I never ever seem to bump into anyone.

Mike Starr